India's bowling in Asia Cup : This is totally unacceptable.

Guest Hiten.

India's bowling in Asia Cup : This is totally unacceptable. How can Pakistan make merry every time they are set a target of 300+ runs vs India ? Their successful chases have come against us when they are set a target of 300+. Last week SL rolled em over (Pak were chasing 303), so why are we failing to stop the runs flow ? Not only against Pakistan but we leaked 283 runs vs BD. It was just a couple of months ago when we were proud of our bowlers (and they definitely deserved accolades). What happened to them all of a sudden ? Are all our bowlers going the 'IKP pathan' route ? Team selection has been ridiculous to say the least. Why is PC being picked ahead of Ojha ? Ojha bowled superbly vs BD and should have been opted ahead of PC. As Shwetabh proved, PC is a minnow basher. Its really really painful to watch Pakistan chase 300+ target vs us with ease :((

Guest Hiten.
On a subcontinent track? No not really. Any target under 350 is very very achievable.
Lurker bhai. We have failed to chase these targets vs them on these subcontinent tracks.

Our bowling attack is NOT strong. We have no real well established bowler in our playing squad. Sri Lanka have Murali and Vaas along with Mendis who is a true special find. Ishant seemed great at first but he hasn't lived up to it. Our batting is strong though, I think we should chase as much as we can now when against good opposition.

Guest Hiten.
305 in 42 overs...forgot?
that's ONE chase .... According to the Stats, India chased 3 out of 11 times when Pakistan set us a target of 300+. And if I am not wrong, Pak chased it 7 out of 10 times (Bossbhai recheck this one please).
Lurker bhai. We have failed to chase these targets vs them on these subcontinent tracks.
Indeed there would be a case here and there BB but we are speaking of generalization here. Most of the games in this series has meant a score of 300 is just too easy to chase. On this track an attack that reads Praveen-Irfan-Ishant-Piyush is hardly anything to write home about. Truth be told I would have been surprised if Pakistan did not successfully chase 300, we fell short by atleast 50 runs.
It was just a couple of months ago when we were proud of our bowlers (and they definitely deserved accolades). What happened to them all of a sudden ? Are all our bowlers going the 'IKP pathan' route ?
Please re-read Dhondy's IPL making people complacent and having "made it" post. I think it is very relevant. You become rich anyway, and it is naive to think that it (becoming rich easy) does not have an effect on the fire and passion to push yourself to the limits.