What would we do without him!

Ram

76721.jpg Irrespective of what happens at the end of today, Gambhir has established himself as a tower of power, at the top of the order for India. The most striking aspect of his batting is the brazen fearlessness, even when chasing monstrous targets. Gambhir is definitely one of the world's most dangerous openers currently, if not THE most.
Guest Hiten.

Batting first ? Why are the captains making foolish decisions every time they won the toss in this Asia cup edition? I mean its crystal clear that any target less than 320 is gettable (most probably with ease if you apply yourselves well while batting). I was actually surprised by Mahela's decision of batting first when he won the toss despite knowing that Pakistan had chased 309 just a night before today's game. These pitches have made clear that bowlers are there to leak runs and batsman are there to grab runs. I do not see any sanity in batting first and letting the opposition humiliate you by chasing a 300+ target without (or less) hiccups.

Well, if you bat first and get 300, you should be happy. Under any conditions, 300 is pretty hard to chase. If its a big final, and someone told I will bat first and get 300, I would readily take that offer. At some point or the other, the teams are bound to falter.

His batting style is so unique, so aggressive, yet quite restrained. Rarely does he slog across the line or chase something very wide. His 'down-the-track-flay-it-over-the offside' is an almost impossible shot to defend against.

Not yet. Its all been on flat tracks. I want him to prove it on difficult tracks as well....like Viru has done. For the time being' date=' Sachin will have to be accommodated at no3/4.....till we see any signs of GG fumbling.[/quote'] already prove in australia, where 200 was getting hard to make in every game and was defended easily lot of times. there gambhir was the highest run scorer. gambhir has done all to stay in this Indian squad.
Guest Hiten.

If for any reason this man is not selected as a opener in forthcoming test series vs SL, I'd really be annoyed. Sehwag and GG can be a deadly combo in test matches too. GG deserves all the backing from selectors and captain Kumble to be drafted in playing XI in tests.

If for any reason this man is not selected as a opener in forthcoming test series vs SL' date=' I'd really be annoyed. Sehwag and GG can be a deadly combo in test matches [i']too. GG deserves all the backing from selectors and captain Kumble to be drafted in playing XI in tests.
Sounds so fantastic. With VS and GG opening in tests, I can only pity the opposition. Even in the most defensive moods, they will score a run a ball. Viru already has a habit of playing very big knocks in tests. And then the batting will be followed up by Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly and Laxman. That looks like an unbeatable batting lineup.:two_thumbs_up:

What I like most about GG is the complete lack of interest in media spot light. He does not give too many interviews/statements, no affairs with bolly chicks, no page 3 parties, no shows with SRK, no scandals, no BS. He simply disappears between tournaments.

Rarely does he slog across the line or chase something very wide. .
That is exactly the way he used to play when he first arrived on the scene. He played some real whirlwind innings but never produced anything substantial. It's amazing how much he has changed in the last couple of months; it's like he is a completely different player now. He is now averaging 39.67.
What I like most about GG is the complete lack of interest in media spot light. He does not give too many interviews/statements' date= no affairs with bolly chicks, no page 3 parties, no shows with SRK, no scandals, no BS. He simply disappears between tournaments.
Yuvi is there for all that, nah? and bhajji and Sobsanthi too Hope GG keeps this up and does not go the way of above 3 folks
Guest Hiten.
What I like most about GG is the complete lack of interest in media spot light. He does not give too many interviews/statements' date= no affairs with bolly chicks, no page 3 parties, no shows with SRK, no scandals, no BS. He simply disappears between tournaments.
That's mainly because of the fact that GG had to work his ars3 off to get into the playing XI. GG was ignored by selectors on consistent basis and this probably motivated GG to work harder in domestic season. Result of the ignorance was a honest hard working player came out after sweating in domestic circuit. Ignorance is/was a bliss indeed (in GG's case).