Lets Start Afresh and Clean the Slate

Fine..we lost the Asia cup..But We were the Finalist. Some teams didn't even qualify for the Finals..:cantstop: We lost to a better team....we vented our frustration and appreciated the birth of New Star of International cricket... But with so many posters opening individual threads to post their views and opinion...thus place looks cluttered.. We must look ahead now...out team for SL tour is going to get selected on 8th.. Now the SL tour becomes all the more important... and will be the CLASH of MONSOON. so IMO...we should now merge all the threads which were created yesterday..and start it afresh keeping in mind the upcoming test tour... i think there should be one single thread for "Mendis" and then for Our "Test team" and then for strategy of the tour... any one if has any different point of view...pls suggest soon..

To be honest, the merging does seem pretty ad-hoc. It kinda kills the continuity. You are reading about something and all of a sudden, a totally new topic with a different title pops up and you are thrown off for a minute. Unless two threads are absolutely on one topic alone ( like Pjilka's and my thread on Pragyan Ojha yesterday), I dont see any reason why threads should be merged. Good, content filled threads wil last their course anyway. Besides, merging takes away the sense of ownership the poster may have on his/her thread. So, it should be the last resort, not the default one.

as for merging, the way the anti-raina & anti-rohit sharma thread got merged was rediculous. there were some anti-rohit sharma posts in the anti-raina thread to avoid this, a new forum called "cricket players" should be opened and there should be 2 threads about a player out there. 1 for the player & 1 against the player. that way with about 20-25 players to talk of, there will only be about 40-50 threads

Inidan cricket team has been fragile mentally for a long time.Sure Dhoni is tough but he can only do so much.The way Sehwag and others approached mendis was abominable.I dont know if this fragile mentality will ever change -the coach can help but so far kirsten has really failed to inspire.ODI tournaments are all about winning the tournament and we have failed to do that a lot. I had hoped that all that would change after we won in australia but we have fallen back into a familiar pattern.Its kind of disheartening to see Indian batsmen struggling against spin.

Inidan cricket team has been fragile mentally for a long time.Sure Dhoni is tough but he can only do so much.The way Sehwag and others approached mendis was abominable.I dont know if this fragile mentality will ever change -the coach can help but so far kirsten has really failed to inspire.ODI tournaments are all about winning the tournament and we have failed to do that a lot. I had hoped that all that would change after we won in australia but we have fallen back into a familiar pattern.Its kind of disheartening to see Indian batsmen struggling against spin.
True...everything went wrong for India after Sehwag who is usually 'cement feet' took a few steps and a wild swing at Mendis's first delivery he faced...:eek: And Yuvi...the awesome player of pace bowling cannot play quality spin bowling...:nervous:...now wtf is that...:frown: