Best one liner from a commentator

With reference to a throw, to run Tendulkar out in the world cup 2003 game between India and Pakistan. PS- I didnt know he said that either, till yesterday. I just read a book of anecdotes on Sachin, and this was in there.
He said that. If you watch the match, it was around 20 overs when he was getting cramps for the first time.
He said that. If you watch the match' date=' it was around 20 overs when he was getting cramps for the first time.[/quote'] I watched the game live and remember this very well. Us bunch of Indian fans were all aghast at what we had heard. Almost 5-6 years has passed since then and I am now more tolerant of Rameez's comments. He did not say anything wrong in principle, he was just not subtle enough. In 1983 finals when India played West Indies, Clive Lloyd had a pulled hamstring muscle and commentators were subtle enough to suggest India would do well to make Clive stretch forward and make himself uncomfortable in the process. Indeed even Indian captain Kapil Dev clearly suggests that his advice to Roger Binny(who eventually dismissed Clive Lloyd) was to bowl him full length delivery and make Clive stretch forward, and under no circumstance was Roger to bowl Short of length delivery. Rameez Raja didnt make any earth shattering comment, he just came across as being an a$ $, which he generally is anyway!
I watched the game live and remember this very well. Us bunch of Indian fans were all aghast at what we had heard. Almost 5-6 years has passed since then and I am now more tolerant of Rameez's comments. He did not say anything wrong in principle, he was just not subtle enough. In 1983 finals when India played West Indies, Clive Lloyd had a pulled hamstring muscle and commentators were subtle enough to suggest India would do well to make Clive stretch forward and make himself uncomfortable in the process. Indeed even Indian captain Kapil Dev clearly suggests that his advice to Roger Binny(who eventually dismissed Clive Lloyd) was to bowl him full length delivery and make Clive stretch forward, and under no circumstance was Roger to bowl Short of length delivery. Rameez Raja didnt make any earth shattering comment, he just came across as being an a$ $, which he generally is anyway!
There is a lot of difference between pitching the ball up and making the batsman stretch forward than deliberately injuring the batsman and that too throwing the ball at the batsman in the pretext of a run out.
The ALL TIME GREATEST LINE EVER "Waqar Younis is getting slaughtered" - Tony Greig, Ind-Pak '96 WC QF B-) Another one I liked was some commentator after SRT played a down the track straight drive shot for 6(he doesn't play those now) off Eddo Brandes in RSA - "Majestic, simply Majestic"
that was Robin Jackman my friend
There is a lot of difference between pitching the ball up and making the batsman stretch forward than deliberately injuring the batsman and that too throwing the ball at the batsman in the pretext of a run out.
Agreed. Hurting the batsmen deliberately is simply not on. Speaking of this particular match I would also like to state that this is one game where I have always maintained that Shoaib Akhtar chucked blatantly. The ball by which he dismissed Sachin Tendulkar was a blatant chuck and should have been no-balled. Commentators called it "brutal" but it was not even legal.

"This is the stuff champions are made of. I keep using that word again and again, but there is no better way to describe it. He is a champion, and he needs a challenge." -Ravi Shastri After getting India past the line to qualify, SRT goes berserk.. It is then that the commies realize that he wanted to win the match, not just qualify. This line comes after SRT comes down the track to a pacer and lofts him over extra cover.

If you can't get him out' date= injure him. -Rameez Raja, on Sachin, World Cup 2003.
He said that? In what context?
With reference to a throw, to run Tendulkar out in the world cup 2003 game between India and Pakistan. PS- I didnt know he said that either, till yesterday. I just read a book of anecdotes on Sachin, and this was in there.
I was feeling a lil bored today. So got the cd of that match and watched the great master at work. Also found out where Rameez made that comment: "If you can't get him out, injure him". It was when Tendulkar had already developed the cramps. They were taking a second run when the throw went to Sachin's end hurrying up the already limping batsman. Rameez, impressed that Sachin was made to work his hurting leg made that comment.
" These are not hits...these are scud missiles" - Ravi Shastri during Afridi 37 ball 100 world record on debut.
i know a kid named Billu in my street, somedays he just closes his eyes and swings hit bat and luckily he connects em big and people always tell him he is a afridi in making cuz no he closes his eyes just like retard