The KING of Jullundur has put on his armor....

Guest Hiten.

If you ask any cricketer' date=' he will say he wanna win games for his country.....whats with the nitpicking by some of the ?[/quote'] If you want to talk the talk then you better walk the walk. If you can't, then shut up and sit down. The problem is, Harbhajan's not very clear on that concept.

Yup, is there anything more predictable than this guy coming out with interviews about how he is going to destroy the opposition and win matches for India? Now don't be surprised but there is. Keep your eyes open for an interview from Yuvraj about how he is disappointed on missing out on the test series and given the conditions in SL it would have been a good chance for him and how he feels bad about not being given enough chances in test cricket. This duo has made media manipulation into an auxiliary support for their sagging careers. They've fooled fans and selectors alike and at least for now one of their bluffs has been called and the day Mishra is selected for the national squad no amount of parroting garbage is going to keep Harbhajan in the team either.

"I want to win games for my country and that's what is important to me' date=" said the volatile spinner.
Take a hint from a senior, moron. Anil Kumble won plenty of matches for his team and country. He made very few interviews - he just shut up, ran in and bowled. And kept working and trying. Javagal Srinath did the same. Maybe the odd interview, but most of his energy went into the nets or bowling for his country. Winning games doesn't start with press conferences. Shut up and get back to the nets.

As much as Bhajji doesnt seem like a Test bowler, especially in the recent past, one cannot ignore the fact that he is the third highest wicket-taker in tests behind only Kapil and Kumble for India. Furthermore, he has the third-highest number of Test wickets by an off spinner and the highest among Indians. As for this interview, in my opinion he hasnt said anything out of proportion.

As much as Bhajji doesnt seem like a Test bowler' date=' especially in the recent past, one cannot ignore the fact that he is the [b']third highest wicket-taker in tests behind only Kapil and Kumble for India. Furthermore, he has the third-highest number of Test wickets by an off spinner and the highest among Indians. As for this interview, in my opinion he hasnt said anything out of proportion.
thanks for making some sense. responses in this thead have been pretty lame and disgusting. this is like abusing someone for his old crime or something. i don't know why the heck this this thread was created first
Guest Hiten.
As much as Bhajji doesnt seem like a Test bowler' date=' especially in the recent past, one cannot ignore the fact that he is the [b']third highest wicket-taker in tests behind only Kapil and Kumble for India. Furthermore, he has the third-highest number of Test wickets by an off spinner and the highest among Indians. As for this interview, in my opinion he hasnt said anything out of proportion.
With that logic of yours, Ajit Agarkar shouldn't be ridiculed on ICF anymore, why ? Guess what he is our third highest wicket-taker in ODI's behind only Kumble and Srinath. Makes sense, no right ? Ajit has been ridiculed for his recent performances and this is the ONLY reason why Harbhajan has been disliked. As I posted earlier since 2006, Harbhajan has averaged 38.46 YET he comes out with the interviews where he declares himself as the backbone of spinning department (No doubt, he is) but he has to talk the talk and walk the walk. For now, he is only talking like there is no tomorrow.....
Guest Hiten.
go get his avg. ever since he made his comeback in that t20 cup... do that and tell me :D thx :rolleyes: his recent test performances have been good...against aus and pakis
aaah....did that come from the rear end of yours ? :haha: Against Aus - 61.25 Against Pak - 44.10 Against SA - 26.10 His average after that 'comeback in t20 cup' - 38.56 Your welcome :rolleyes:
Guest Hiten.
blue' date=' do you also have his strike rate and list of significant top order wickets? :D[/quote'] The above stats were for Bhajji and not for your beloved Aggy :giggle:. So keep out of this :D
aaah....did that come from the rear end of yours ? :haha: Against Aus - 61.25 Against Pak - 44.10 Against SA - 26.10 His average after that 'comeback in t20 cup' - 38.56 Your welcome :rolleyes:
And that performance against SA was on spin friendly wickets of India.

The fact of the matter is that Harbhajan Singh, while an aggressive, passionate cricketer has no where near the talent, performance and production that justifies the drama, and the media made hype surrounding this guy. After the incidents in Australia, it made Harbhajan even more of a cult figure because of course the Indian fans and BCCI had to back him up and in the media hype surrounding the whole Symonds thing, Harbhajan gained sympathizers. But that speaks nothing of his cricketing performances which have by and large been missing. He rarely runs through a side either in ODI or Test matches and argueably the greatest indictment against him is that when we absolutely need wickets in a do or die situation, he's just an economical (at times) spinner who throws darts to save runs rather than having learnt the fine art of giving the ball air, looping it and getting the ball to raise above the batsmen's eye line to deceive him in the air. Remember the world cup match against Bangla that effectively ended our campaign in just the group stages? I remember it. Harbhajan, one of our most senior bowlers was bowling fast darts instead of even trying to attack the batsmen to get wickets which is what we really, really needed. Just because he's played a lot of cricket for India doesn't mean he garners my automatic respect. On the contrary, because he's played a lot of cricket, I hold him to a much higher standard than the like of Chawla, Ojha because he's got the benefit of experience and should have refined his craft by now.

Well said!
With that logic of yours' date=' Ajit Agarkar shouldn't be ridiculed on ICF anymore, why ? Guess what he is our [b']third highest wicket-taker in ODI's behind only Kumble and Srinath. Makes sense, no right ? Ajit has been ridiculed for his recent performances and this is the ONLY reason why Harbhajan has been disliked. As I posted earlier since 2006, Harbhajan has averaged 38.46 YET he comes out with the interviews where he declares himself as the backbone of spinning department (No doubt, he is) but he has to talk the talk and walk the walk. For now, he is only talking like there is no tomorrow.....
Like Yuvi haters point out, Odi record can be fluke but TEST RECORD Cant be.