Tendulkar v.s Mendis

Rajiv

^^ Gambit' date=' there was a time, SRT used to be stumped dwn the leg but recenltly he has never been. He has adapted well[/quote'] I'm talking about test matches. He's been stumped just once. I expect that number to go up this time.
I'm talking about test matches. He's been stumped just once. I expect that number to go up this time.
I doubt he will be stumped down the leg though. He is very conscious of that nowadays and doesnt fall over even if he misses the ball. Lets see.
He's going to struggle. He hates facing irregular bowlers.
You are right to a certain extent...He was not picking Fanie DeVillers' slow balls for a while.Had problems with Razak's and Nash's in dippers.Even Cronje's gentle out swingers were causing troubles..The thing is none of them were spinners and Sach.. won't fall prey to the spinners very quickly.

It's a massive mismatch this contest. Tendulkar will waltz past Mendis. Unfortunately Mendis is not that experienced and in test cricket nothing can replace experience. If it were ODIs I would say the contest would have been better. No contest this one and Tendulkar is a master bat. Playing against the likes of Mendis must be like playing against young kids in Mumbai maidan. I'm quite eagerly looking foward to Tendulkar vs Murali and Dravid vs Murali.

It's a massive mismatch this contest. Tendulkar will waltz past Mendis. Unfortunately Mendis is not that experienced and in test cricket nothing can replace experience. If it were ODIs I would say the contest would have been better. No contest this one and Tendulkar is a master bat. Playing against the likes of Mendis must be like playing against young kids in Mumbai maidan. I'm quite eagerly looking foward to Tendulkar vs Murali and Dravid vs Murali.
ravi, U may have spoken too soon. "No contest"? Bit too aggressive that stmt. Mendis is capable of making our batsmen cautious.
ravi, U may have spoken too soon. "No contest"? Bit too aggressive that stmt. Mendis is capable of making our batsmen cautious.
Aggressive but a reality too. How many test has Mendis played yet to say he's going to walk all over Tendulkar? You can't undermind tons and tons of runs Tendulkar has scored. Indian middle order if can survive consistenty against the best and still keep their place, are very much capable of handling the inexperienced Mendis. Mendis maybe good but Tendulkar has been massive for nearly two decades hence "No contest".

More than Boss, Mendis might succumb to the pressure generated early by Sehwag, Gambhir and from other end Dravid, SCG, VVS. Our current batting line is too good to be paranoid about him. I still count hugely Test experienced Murali to be more tricky than Mendis.

I still count hugely Test experienced Murali to be more tricky than Mendis.
Yep, the chucker is still their key player. I expect him to take the most wickets on either side. These are his stats from his last two test series vs India;
Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave  
6 11 336.1 79 940 39 8/87 11/196 24.10

He took an 8 wicket haul against IND at Colombo back in '01, which also happens to be the venue of the first test of this series. And there was also a stunning 7 wicket haul at Delhi, when he ripped through the Indian batting lineup during the morning session of day 2 after Tendulkar had set India up for a big total on the first day with his 35th hundred.

Murali is their most dangerous bowler. I fear him more than Mendis. If Malinga is fit, our batsmen have nowhere to hide. I hope Sehwag comes off more often than not. If we get off to a bad start, against this attack, we'll be buried for a sub 200 total everytime.

he was playing Mendis pretty well' date=' but got done by murali grrr[/quote'] again if he played with straight bat it would have been no prob.... he is being too cute to leave it... thats the diff between young sachin n old one. young one always used to play in the V