Congratulations Lanka

Terrific cricket by Lanka. For once it felt they were playing South Africa, England or New Zealand and not India. Very clinical performance and as ever the old pro came in very handy when needed. Terrific batting too by Lanka. I haven't see such a mauling of Indian cricket team for a long time. Good stuff Lanka, I quite underestimated them.

Outstanding cricket. Mendis and Muralitharan were superb in tandem. The fielding was consistent, reliable and backed up some superb efforts, and the batsmen did a fantastic job setting up the game. One of the most emphatic performances I've seen in a long time. Superb stuff!

one heck of a display by the Lankans..now they are virtually unbeatable at home with Mendis and Murali bowling in tandem..If India draws the next 2 test matches that in itself wud be an achievement..Lankans take a bow:hatsoff: as far as our team is concerened :(( but hey we always suck in the first tests of a series so there is hope still :pray:

A defeat at Colombo wasn't a big surprise - if SL were going to win a match against India, it was always going to be here. This ground which has been a fortress for them over the years (i think they have won 16 matches and drawn 9 out of 31), a venue where their batsmen have fantastic batting records, where the pitch is tailor-made for their bowlers. I am sure India will come back strong in the next test

As a unit, they often play very well but in the past seemed to be missing 1 or 2 players that could push them over the edge. Mendis' performance did just that. The real test will be in the next test match when all the Indian batsman will have had a chance to size up his bowling. For now though, this was the perfect match. Bat first, score huge, take 20 wickets cheaply.

A combo such as Murali & Mendis is almost unseen in history. Both bowlers possess great variety, L&L. If you are trying to survive bowlers at both ends, sooner or later you will fall. The poor shots our batsmen played in the first innings were entirely earned by the duo's discipline. These guys can bowl out opponents on all surfaces. Fortunately, for batsmen around the world, Murali will likely retire in a couple of years. Indians being good players of spin is a myth that has been successfully propagated for a while. This is a team that was mauled by Panesar and some unknown English spinner in home conditions. Aussies & Lankans are the best players of spin, currently.