And we win! Best Home Track Bullies made to eat some pie...

DomainK

Right Ravi. Now the Srilnakan curators and team management would be very confused. They simply dont know what kind of pitch to prepare for the next match. Out batsmen played spin and pace equally well' date=' bother our pacers and spinners bowled brilliantly. Now they just dont know what to do in the next match.[/quote'] I would imagine it'll still be a similar pitch heavily favoring the deadly M & M. If we take out the superlative innings from Sehwag, all Indian batsmen barring Gambhir struggled. So if we don't get a big opening partnership, Lankans will walk all over us. :nervous:

After the hammering in the first innings, I honestly didnt think we could do this. I should have known better though. As it has been pointed out, slow starts run in the blood that circulate in the veins of the current Indian team members. Circa England 2007, we were one bucknor lbw decision away from being 0-1 down. Aus 2007/08 was another major revival after a crushing defeat in Melbourne. South Africa 2008 at home was no exception. There is a good reason why we are at no.2 spot in the test rankings right now. BUT, can we go on to win this series? That would probably culminate an outstanding 18 month period of test cricket for us.

This takes the cake.. Surprised how India folded - Jayawardene Sri Lanka won the first Test in a little over three days and Mahela Jayawardene said he was surprised by the way India folded up. Muttiah Muralitharan and Ajantha Mendis shared 19 wickets between them as India slumped to an innings-and-239-run defeat. "When you see that [indian] batting line-up you think these guys have a lot of experience, that they will buckle down and really give you a fight," Jayawardene said. "We were prepared for that. The way we managed to bowl them out in two sessions was a surprising factor. But the credit should go to Murali and Mendis because they bowled really well in tandem. We put a lot of pressure on their batsmen and kept asking questions all the time." Sixteen wickets fell on day four as India collapsed to their third-heaviest defeat in Tests. At the start of the day, India were struggling to avoid the follow-on - at 159 for 6 in reply to Sri Lanka's 600 - and Jayawardene said his side was focussed on taking the four wickets early. "There was a little bit of resistance because [VVS] Laxman batted well. We had to be very patient. Once we enforced the follow-on we knew we had to be patient again because the wicket wasn't doing that much. We were a bit lucky with a couple of early wickets after that Murali bowled brilliantly and Mendis kept the pressure going and picked up a few wickets at the other end." . . . . . "here weren't any particular batsmen who struggled against my bowling everybody played well against me. I think I was rewarded because I bowled in the right places. Taking [Rahul] Dravid's wicket in the first innings gave me a lot of pleasure," he said." http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/362647.html?CMP=OTC-RSS ---------- :D

Awesome victory guys..i knew we wud do it because we are always slow starters and i had the belief in our team that they wud not lose this one for sure..and they have done exactly that..we still have problems..the fab 4 hasn really come to the party yet and im predicting that 2 of the 4 are gonna get 100s for sure in the next game.. Bhajji and IShant bowled brilliantly and this augurs well for the team..Kumbles form is still worrying but he is a champion bowler and he will make his presence felt no matter wat..so apart from a waste baggage in the form of a keeper im pretty sure the rest of the team wud perform again in the next match and we are having a good chance of taking the series :two_thumbs_up::dance:

Sri Lankans became too cocky. They need to be crushed in third test as well Srilankans were too cocky and Mahela eating humble pie after boasting we will get even 500 if needed, to take nothing away from their first test win but they were so lucky with review going in their favor and also Indian dropping too many catches, . Every tom dick and harry from srilanka were boasting from Sanga to that fat Idiot Arjuna and that freaking commentary team of Sanjay Majerekar and Ranjit fernado who just didnt couldnt stop singing the home team praises,I was so pissed off hearing them I wanted to smash them they totally wrote off this team. Indian traditonally have never fared well in opening tests overseas, this win should give them lot of confidence and I think middle order needs to step up in next match, it was viru, bhajji and Ishant show for India in this match, other needs to join in and Sachin needs a big score to lead the series win. Best of luck to Team india

Srilanka still remains a formidable team at home. They still have a spinner that half our top 6 can not understand. It still remains a fact that one batsman scored half the runs for us. And Srilanka is like a wounded tiger now. They will do their best to comeback and win. Its still not that easy.

Well played! I really did not want to open cricinfo or ICF and see, since I could not watch the match, and wanted to watch the recording first. But was too tempted and opened this site. I will watch the recording later. Well played! Go India, as Satishg was saying - who knows, maybe I shud extend the positive streak to the next Test - lucky? :D Anyway, great to see 1-1 level now. Lets hope we can do it in Test 3. Series win in SL shud be the target.

I really did not want to open cricinfo or ICF and see, since I could not watch the match, and wanted to watch the recording first. But was too tempted and opened this site. I will watch the recording later. Well played! Go India, as Satishg was saying - who knows, maybe I shud extend the positive streak to the next Test - lucky? :D Anyway, great to see 1-1 level now. Lets hope we can do it in Test 3. Series win in SL shud be the target.
yes u shd share ur optimism more often and India wud win more often too :D anyway i did tell u that India wont lose this one and infact i did tell u that Viru's blitzkrieg would set up this game for us..and thats how it panned out..so "i told u so" :winky: btw Sachin is set to score a century in the next match so y dont u share ur optimism on that regard as well..as in saying "yes sachin will score a century" and yes now we have a very gud chance of taking this series..the fab 4 will deliver the next time and i boldly say that v are the favorites heading into the last game
I really did not want to open cricinfo or ICF and see, since I could not watch the match, and wanted to watch the recording first. But was too tempted and opened this site. I will watch the recording later. Well played! Go India, as Satishg was saying - who knows, maybe I shud extend the positive streak to the next Test - lucky? :D Anyway, great to see 1-1 level now. Lets hope we can do it in Test 3. Series win in SL shud be the target.
We will definitely carry the spirit to the next test and win it.:yay:

It's curious that putrevus is permanently shrouded in negativity, and yet feels affronted enough with what Sri Lakans have said about the very players he has been dishing to start this thread. In fact, when I see his posts on the match thread, I know that either that an Indian wicket has fallen or the opposition has hit a boundary.