Selector's mum on Badrinath’s inclusion

Bloody Dhenging Biotch!!!!! Politics and bullshit has got Kohli in the squad. If it really was Dhoni who made the choice, then he is a dumbass. Badri was ELECTRIC in the field in the IPL and is an excellent batsman both objectively (stats) and subjectively (looks). Now, I'll cheer Mendis to effin PWN all these useless RUs and Kohlis in the ODI series :(( My only hope is Badri makes it into the Test squad.

Bloody Dhenging Biotch!!!!! Politics and bullshit has got Kohli in the squad. If it really was Dhoni who made the choice' date=' then he is a dumbass.[/color'] Badri was ELECTRIC in the field in the IPL and is an excellent batsman both objectively (stats) and subjectively (looks). Now, I'll cheer Mendis to effin PWN all these useless RUs and Kohlis in the ODI series :(( My only hope is Badri makes it into the Test squad.
Appreciate the frankness :two_thumbs_up:

Sachin Tendulkar will not be play in the five-ODI series in Sri Lanka, after sustaining an injury in his left elbow during the ongoing third Test in Colombo. S Badrinath, the Tamil Nadu batsman, is his likely replacement. "I spoke to Sachin and the team physio [Nitin Patel] this morning and I can confirm that Tendulkar has been ruled out of action for 2-3 weeks," Ratnakar Shetty, the BCCI's chief administrative officer, told Cricinfo. "I believe that the possibility of Badrinath being sent as a replacement is being discussed. But that's not 100% final, as of now." A national selector said Badrinath might replace Tendulkar. "We have been informed that Sachin has been ruled out by the physio, and there is a good possibility of Badrinath being sent as a replacement," he said. The five-ODI series is from August 18 to 29. Tendulkar had missed the Asia Cup in Pakistan due to a groin injury, and had been named in the ODI squad for Sri Lanka and the Champions Trophy, which takes place in September. Source - Cricinfo

Sachin Tendulkar will not be play in the five-ODI series in Sri Lanka' date=' after sustaining an injury in his left elbow during the ongoing third Test in Colombo. [b']S Badrinath, the Tamil Nadu batsman, is his likely replacement. "I spoke to Sachin and the team physio [Nitin Patel] this morning and I can confirm that Tendulkar has been ruled out of action for 2-3 weeks," Ratnakar Shetty, the BCCI's chief administrative officer, told Cricinfo. "I believe that the possibility of Badrinath being sent as a replacement is being discussed. But that's not 100% final, as of now." A national selector said Badrinath might replace Tendulkar. "We have been informed that Sachin has been ruled out by the physio, and there is a good possibility of Badrinath being sent as a replacement," he said. The five-ODI series is from August 18 to 29. Tendulkar had missed the Asia Cup in Pakistan due to a groin injury, and had been named in the ODI squad for Sri Lanka and the Champions Trophy, which takes place in September. Source - Cricinfo
I hate to see Tendulkar hurt, but must admit that I am happy to see Badrinath with a foot in the door. Hope he grabs this chance and sticks around with good performances.

But, will Badri actually get to be in the 11 for 3 matches atleast? Most likely Kohli will be the "preferred replacement" if need for one of these two arises? Depends on MSD! And, sending Badri during last 5 overs, or when we are 45-5, wont really be a fair assessment of him (though it will test his character, and that is one important assessment for the 45-5 situation) Send him up the order and give him a proper run to assess him.

But, will Badri actually get to be in the 11 for 3 matches atleast? Most likely Kohli will be the "preferred replacement" if need for one of these two arises? Depends on MSD! And, sending Badri during last 5 overs, or when we are 45-5, wont really be a fair assessment of him (though it will test his character, and that is one important assessment for the 45-5 situation) Send him up the order and give him a proper run to assess him.
Let's hope that we're never in a 45-5 situation :--D
He is 22 and a mainstay in an IPL team' date=' his time will no doubt come.[/quote'] I'm very sure he will eventually make it. However, when u compare Kohli and Dhawan, who deserves it more? All that said however, I wish Kohli all the best and hope he makes the best use of his chances :two_thumbs_up: