Amongst the 5 senior players who should be axed for the Aussie series?

Amongst the 5 senior players who should be axed for the Aussie series?  

1. 1.

Guest Hiten.

It will be shot on the foot if we opt to drop any of the 5 senior players vs Aussies. The reason I say this is because the opponent is a far far mighty team for us to try out our new blood. Another reason would be that our players raise their game every time they step on the field against the Aussies. I would not be surprised if 3 of the 5 seniors (barring SCG and RD) sprung back to the so called 'form'.

Ganguly. He sucks at bowling, he sucks at fielding, he sucks at running between the wickets. The only thing that keeps him in the side is his batting and with is average/poor form he needs to be dropped in favor of Yuvraj as Australia don't have any threatening spinners. Dravid? I'm not so sure. Tendulkar can stay. Kumble hopefully will retire and be gone. Laxman is magnificient against Australia and most definitely stays. That means drop Ganguly, perhaps Dravid if he fails in the first test, drop Kumble and go with two spinners/three seamers.

Adding a multiple choice poll. My call would be to play all of them in the first 2 tests against Australia and take it from there.
Play all five in first couple of test and then review. I agree with you Shwetabh but I think Ganguly is gone now. The selectors were itching to get rid of him & now they have got their chance. But, if they are going to get rid of Ganguly on performance then SRT should go as well but they don't have the guts to drop him. Dravid & VVS are safe because of the last innings.
Play all five in first couple of test and then review. I agree with you Shwetabh but I think Ganguly is gone now. The selectors were itching to get rid of him & now they have got their chance. But, if they are going to get rid of Ganguly on performance then SRT should go as well but they don't have the guts to drop him. Dravid & VVS are safe because of the last innings.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

dravid & ganguly need to be kicked out immediately. no need to drop laxman, he is only 33 & could be playing in the 2011 series against aus as well if he continues his form till then. as for tendulkar, wait for his performance in 1st test(although i voted for him as well). and for kumble, he still kept things tight in the sl series as well and does not go for >3 rpo any time

Dont drop them - but get a ROTATION policy in. Only 3 out of these 5 should play any TEST - rotate them out Test by Test
thats the way to move forward selectors should identify 2 players lets say they identify yuvraj and sharma. give both of them 2 test each and bench sachin,ganguly, vvs, rahul one game each.
It will be shot on the foot if we opt to drop any of the 5 senior players vs Aussies. The reason I say this is because the opponent is a far far mighty team for us to try out our new blood. Another reason would be that our players raise their game every time they step on the field against the Aussies. I would not be surprised if 3 of the 5 seniors (barring SCG and RD) sprung back to the so called 'form'.
thx for the info, genius :rolleyes: oppsss?
Rofl Rotation Policy??? Rofl..about 10-11 Test Matches Happen Barely In A Year, And There Also You Want To Rotate Players? Who's That Genious Who Gave This Idea p.s - sorry for the caps
idea behind rotation is not to keep players fresh but to try out younger players without large number of changes