Tendulkar ruled out of ODI series, Badri replaces him

h4te

He certainly didnt dominate Warney in 2004 USED to...hasnt hammered a good attack in aeons. Sachin is a has-been in tests...many many test players right now better than Sachin...many. You quoting how he's hammered McWarney 5-6 years ago is meaningless...i am not contesting that Sachin isnt a great batsman...he is a great batsman by career record...no questions..my point is, Sachin is a faded great...a has-been who's living off his former reputation in test cricket. And stats certainly shows this.
First of all ... about ur first point ... in the 2 tests out of 4 that Sachin played that series, he still made 1 match winning 50 in that series, oh and as for Warney ... he got Sachin out a massive ... 0 times ... OMG ... what a nightmare Sachin had. As for the Lankans ... ur kidding right ... best attack in the world? Why did they lose 2-0 to Australia ? They couldnt beat West Indies either could they. The "mediocre" australians did that.
he still made 1 match winning 50 in that series, oh and as for Warney ... he got Sachin out a massive ... 0 times ... OMG ... what a nightmare Sachin had.
You must be a kid if you think getting out to someone represents not dominating and not getting out is dominating... look, whichever way you spin it, FACT is, Tendy was pathetic last time he played in a test series vs McWarney and the final series between Tendy and McWarney ended with Tendy's utter defeat.
best attack in the world? Why did they lose 2-0 to Australia ? They couldnt beat West Indies either could they. The "mediocre" australians did that.
Its because their batsmen are even bigger home track bullies than ours are. great attack doesnt win you if your batsmen dont perform...sure, SL doesnt do well against OZ and we do...whopee ****ing ding..but they still are a FAR BETTER attack than we are. PS: WHen will you get around to addressing my point that averaging below 40 in something like 8 outta 10 previous series is MOST CATEGORICALLY A SIGN OF A HAS-BEEN FORMER GREAT ? Sachin is over the hill, Sachin is old, Sachin is unfit and quite frankly, Sachin should retire if he had the best interests of the team in his mind. He sucks...plain and simple...living off of past glory and secure in knowledge that he is from a nation of sports-starved fanatics, who cant produce decent sportsmen in ANY sports and thus will religiously fight to include an even over-the-hill limping, half decent former great in the team when any other decent sporting nation will drop his ***** faster than a cat can jump outta water
You must be a kid if you think getting out to someone represents not dominating and not getting out is dominating... look, whichever way you spin it, FACT is, Tendy was pathetic last time he played in a test series vs McWarney and the final series between Tendy and McWarney ended with Tendy's utter defeat.
First of all, if you must know I am actually 20 years old ... Secondly, that series actually ended with India's victory and a Tendulkar half century. Im not sure what series you were watching. Tendulkar played 2 matches in that series, and was one of the matchwinners in the 2nd.
oh yea....i forgot the biggest embarassments(dont want to even mention would run out of space) come from your country so some how you have to claim that selecting an indian legend is an embarassment just because he has smashed your bowlers all over the park over decades.
even If i could go with past, that how Wasim used to dominate Sachin and treated him like Tailender. Basically, Tendulkar only had two centuries against Pakistan when Wasim Akram. But that's not what i meant that you were forced to bring out past to present it out of nowhere. You guys keep relying on past. That is even ridiculous. If you had said about Inzimam or anyone else, i wouldn't mind. Why should i ? I am still angry about his performance in WC 07 . Why are you over reacting to this comment that i have presented? When i said about Sachin, but he sort of had embarrassing average in Sri Lanka. That is no doubt the fact you seeing this, but his reputation is what made you blind and BCCI selectors too. No Offence :--D
he failed in ODIs in SL this series?
Well...Isn't he the same who has dominated Australia ended up with embarrassing average against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka? I agree that can happen, but in some point, Tendulkar needed to be motivated and warn him. But it seems to me, that reputation rules over BCCI.
I think what Malikbhai is saying is that not choosing Badri was embarrasement for the Selectors and luckily due to Sachin's injury they can avoid that. Is nt it Malikbhai?
Finally, some sensible person i have come across with :--D
to me it seems like that selecting sachin was an embarassment
I agree my comment could lead to different points, but try to understand first before attack on someone for no reason.
Where were you last year when he was the 2nd highest run scorer that year. * Played well vs SAF in Ireland (matchwinning knocks) * Played well vs ENG in England (matchwinning knocks) * Played well vs AUS in India * Played well vs PAK in India (matchwinning & series winning knocks) * Played well vs AUS in Australia (won us the series) Yep the writing has been on the wall for some time now ... :hysterical: For peeps sake he was world no.1 only this march. His first bad series in over 18 months and all of a sudden so called indian fans have amnesia.
That's because he has been playing for so long. Again with past? Present performance is what should be matter
Where were you last year when he was the 2nd highest run scorer that year. * Played well vs SAF in Ireland (matchwinning knocks) * Played well vs ENG in England (matchwinning knocks) * Played well vs AUS in India * Played well vs PAK in India (matchwinning & series winning knocks) * Played well vs AUS in Australia (won us the series) Yep the writing has been on the wall for some time now ... :hysterical: For peeps sake he was world no.1 only this march. His first bad series in over 18 months and all of a sudden so called indian fans have amnesia.
That's because he has been playing for so long. Again with past? Present performance is what should be matter That's because he has been playing for so long. Again with past? Present performance is what should be matter. I agree he has one bad series. That happens to anyone of course. But what is point of sticking to Sachin now? The reason BCCI has kept Sachin in the squad because of WC 07. I don't see a reason why Tendulkar need to be in squad now. Youngsters should be looked after and they are future of India. If you want him in the team for WC 2011, then that's suicide mission. Not that i am judging his ability, but his age would catch up by then and somehow he will struggle. That happens when a player grow the age of above 34. It's better for him to retire with dignity rather than receive worst treatment after WC 2011. Let's hope he performs well in WC 2011
That's because he has been playing for so long. Again with past? Present performance is what should be matter That's because he has been playing for so long. Again with past? Present performance is what should be matter. I agree he has one bad series. That happens to anyone of course. But what is point of sticking to Sachin now? The reason BCCI has kept Sachin in the squad because of WC 07. I don't see a reason why Tendulkar need to be in squad now. Youngsters should be looked after and they are future of India. If you want him in the team for WC 2011, then that's suicide mission. Not that i am judging his ability, but his age would catch up by then and somehow he will struggle. That happens when a player grow the age of above 34. It's better for him to retire with dignity rather than receive worst treatment after WC 2011. Let's hope he performs well in WC 2011
He certainly didnt dominate Warney in 2004
If I'm correct, he didn't face a single ball against Warne in the 2004 test series. He got out at Nagpur before he could face Warne, and Warne missed the Bombay test. So that makes the Warne/SRT debate from that series even more irrelevant.
even If i could go with past, that how Wasim used to dominate Sachin and treated him like Tailender. Basically, Tendulkar only had two centuries against Pakistan when Wasim Akram. But that's not what i meant that you were forced to bring out past to present it out of nowhere. You guys keep relying on past. That is even ridiculous. If you had said about Inzimam or anyone else, i wouldn't mind. Why should i ? I am still angry about his performance in WC 07 . Why are you over reacting to this comment that i have presented? When i said about Sachin, but he sort of had embarrassing average in Sri Lanka. That is no doubt the fact you seeing this, but his reputation is what made you blind and BCCI selectors too. No Offence :--D Well...Isn't he the same who has dominated Australia ended up with embarrassing average against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka? I agree that can happen, but in some point, Tendulkar needed to be motivated and warn him. But it seems to me, that reputation rules over BCCI. Finally, some sensible person i have come across with :--D I agree my comment could lead to different points, but try to understand first before attack on someone for no reason.
How did Akram dominate tendulkar?
you are the one making a fool of your self....Even Wasim would agree the fact that he never dominated Sach..it was far and few.
I don't think you gonna like it. Whynot? It could take some time since i am not good at presenting Statistics. I remember Pakistan playing against India in Sharjah 2000, Asia Cup 2000, Tri Series in Australia after WC 99....All those series Wasim did play, but Sachin has struggled. More to come. :--D

The ODI matches will be interesting. I would put forward the following team: 1/2. Gambhir/Sehwag as openers. They're playing like a well oiled machine right now and are going to be at their best taking on Sri Lanka's fast bowlers. One of these guys HAS to stay in and bat a long innings as they're both fantastic players of spin. 3. Badrinath or Raina: Judgement call here by the captain on who's playing better in the nets, confidence and form. Although I suspect both will see action during the ODI series. 4. Yuvrag Singh: Yes I know he's going to be easy pickings for M&M but we don't have a replacement. 5. Dhoni: The captain and tremendous anchor here as his power hitting and good form against spin will work very well from overs 35-50. 6. Rohit Sharma or Kohli: I would go with Sharma just because of his experience although Kohli will be there if Sharma can't adjust to the conditions. 7. Pathan: All rounder although I would prefer to see him being used as the 4th fast bowler here. 8. Harbhajan: Yes, a decent economical spin bowler he's adapted to the ODI game well the past few years although I could see Ojha putting him under pressure for this spot. 9. Munaf Patel or P Kumar: Kumar gets everything out of his limited natural ability and pace. Munaf is the opposite and is more of a test bowler so Kumar would get the nod here but if the conditions aren't helpful to swing then who knows. 10/11. RP Singh/Zaheer Khan: The strength of our bowling. RP is a very good bowler in terms of keeping his line and length, knows how to bowl to the tail enders and like wise Zaheer who is potent with the new ball. I think the above combinations gives us the most balanced side, batting till number 8 in Harbhajan and a five bowler combination with Pathan as the all rounder, as well as plenty of electric fielders like Badri, Rohit, etc.