Munaf: Finally living up to his potential

Rohan495

Im liking Munaf these days what i likes most is he keeps coming at you' date=' hes probably my favorite indian pace bowler.[/quote'] He has changed a lot. His action, his release, and his line.....everything has changed to a McGrath-like way. He is also bowling very close to the stumps. If he continues to hit the right length, he will continue to be a very good bowler.

Yeh ... he is bowling very accurately now ... If he keeps this up, he could beat RPS to a test spot. The only worry I have with him in the test side is ... sure he is accurate for ODIs. But what happens in tests when he gets tired (he will invariably be the first Indian bowler to break down) ... If he loses his accuracy, he has nothing else. But for ODIs he is fine. He's playing well.

Yeh ... he is bowling very accurately now ... If he keeps this up, he could beat RPS to a test spot. The only worry I have with him in the test side is ... sure he is accurate for ODIs. But what happens in tests when he gets tired (he will invariably be the first Indian bowler to break down) ... If he loses his accuracy, he has nothing else. But for ODIs he is fine. He's playing well.
Imo, Munaf suffers more from fatigue than getting tired and so we should be most worried about how he starts spells/innings/matches.

what i liked was his fielding effort. i remember in asia cup or kitply i think, he wont even field for his own balls, wont go to the stumps to recieve a throw. but in ydays match, i saw him runnin to the stumps to catch a throw on someone else's bowling! TWICE!!!

what i liked was his fielding effort. i remember in asia cup or kitply i think, he wont even field for his own balls, wont go to the stumps to recieve a throw. but in ydays match, i saw him runnin to the stumps to catch a throw on someone else's bowling! TWICE!!!
Competition does that to you. Dont forget that he has to compete against the likes of RPS, pathan, sreesanth to get a nod for ODIS.
atm i would take munaf over rp' date=' [b']when rp has a bad day.... god he will sink faster than any bowler, eg, in asia cup where jaya destroyed him for utter nonsense bowling. But munaf sure did improve a lot. His attitude is lot refreshning now!
Bhaji is the same
as much as i hate bhajji' date=' i rarely see him go over 6 runs... its not the case with rp[/quote'] I agree but i was commenting on the statement that on a bad day rp singh leaks way to many runs. Same is the case with bhaji if he is hit in the first few overs he rarely makes a good come back.