How many of you agree with me

Ram

when I say, somehow, this time around, I feel India seems a touch better prepared than Australia, for the upcoming test series. We gave them a run for their money in their backyard a few months ago. We can sure put one across them, in our home turf. The teams are almost the same. If anything our batting has gotten stronger with Gambhir and Sehwag. Our bowling has remained stable. For the Aussies however, things arent 'Business As Usual', like most times. They have lost their premier all-rounder, two of their best batsman are making a comeback from injury, they have a new wicket-keeper batsman and totally new sets of spinners. And sample this: Australia has not played a test match in almost 9 months, since they last played us. We, on the other hand, just got off from the plane after a gruelling series in Lanka. Interesting, hmmmmm......

yep i do agree on that aspect..v have had match practice wen compared to the aussies..but then they are champions for nothing..so v cant take that as a big factor Sriram..no matter wat they will come hard at us and all that practice wont count if v dont deliver wen it really matters

oh my bad i totally forgot the windies series :D so that means they are also well prepared..back to square 1 :D so Sriram no there is not much to choose between both the squads according to me..as i said i totally forgot abt WI-Aus series.. lol i think u did too..u had mentioned in the OP that aussies have not played a test since they last played against us..hehe so now u shd also change ur opinion on the op :D

india just has a very very slight edge, only because some of their players are inexperienced but the aussies can never be underestimated at any stage not to forget, shane watson with the bat, is almost as devastating as symonds, and destructive with his bowling as well this man is enough to upset the indians

when I say, somehow, this time around, I feel India seems a touch better prepared than Australia, for the upcoming test series. We gave them a run for their money in their backyard a few months ago. We can sure put one across them, in our home turf. The teams are almost the same. If anything our batting has gotten stronger with Gambhir and Sehwag. Our bowling has remained stable.
Disagree. Gambhir is temeramental. Sehwag not. With Sehwag, I count +30 to the total. If he continues to bat beyond that score then I assumed +100 to the score. His middlename, if anything, should be inconsistency. Bowling - yes it has remained stable. We will face stiff challenge from Aussie Batsman, still.
For the Aussies however, things arent 'Business As Usual', like most times. They have lost their premier all-rounder, two of their best batsman are making a comeback from injury, they have a new wicket-keeper batsman and totally new sets of spinners.
Agree here, totally new sets of spinners may be they will take sometime to get the bearings straight.

I dont agree entirely. I am afraid the Srilanka series did not do any good to our confidence. Ganguly looks out of sorts, Dravid is in the worst form of his life, Tendulkar didnt get a decent score for an entire series, Kumble looked like a kid in front of Mendis and Murali, laxman looked lost. Ofcourse the Srilanka series does not justly reflect the state of our batting. Facing M & M in Srilanka is not an easy job. But then it probably has done some damage and we dont have the time to recover from that. We are going to heavily rely on Tendulkar, Sehwag and Gambhir to do the bulk of the scoring. If Sehwag and Tendulkar get going, we are going to win this series with ease.

Unless we are playing in super spin friendly conditions' date=' [b']I cannot see where 20 wickets are going to come from. Kumble is probably playing worst cricket of his life, and Bhajji cannot be trusted to deliver on flat pitches. Our pacers generally need something in the pitches to deliver the knockout blow.....
How many more times we will get to hear this just before an India-Australia test series? Everytime someone or else asks this question and every time the team shows that they are capable of taking 20 Australian wickets either in India or outside. I growing a bit sick of this question now.
when I say' date=' somehow, this time around, I feel India seems a touch better prepared than Australia, for the upcoming test series.[/quote'] Disagree. Australia is always well prepared for any series they play. On the other hands, Indians NEVER prepare for any series. Some of its players get into the team straight after the injuries without playing any trial matches. You know the examples.
We gave them a run for their money in their backyard a few months ago. We can sure put one across them, in our home turf. The teams are almost the same. If anything our batting has gotten stronger with Gambhir and Sehwag. Our bowling has remained stable.
We did give them a run for their money last time around and only Symonds, Hogg and Gilchrist are missing from that team. Symonds absence is a factor, yes. But if Symmo could score at more than 70 in his first test series vs India, so can other newcomers too. It isn't that difficult. Gilly was woefully out of form in January, so Haddin's inclusion will make Australia better in that sense. And if Hogg could take a few wickets, so can any spinner be it McGain or Krejza.
For the Aussies however, things arent 'Business As Usual', like most times. They have lost their premier all-rounder, two of their best batsman are making a comeback from injury, they have a new wicket-keeper batsman and totally new sets of spinners.
It is always very thorough for them. Doesn't matter if Hayden is coming back from injury. I remember that he had hit a ton in the 4th test in Australia after being ruled out for the third test. Katich is equally big India basher as was Symmo. So batting is not weakened. New set of spinners? Does it matter? Didn't SA have a new spinner earlier this year? Didn't England have a new spinner in 2006? Yet both the teams managed to NOT lose the series in India.
And sample this: Australia has not played a test match in almost 9 months, since they last played us. We, on the other hand, just got off from the plane after a gruelling series in Lanka. Interesting, hmmmmm......
Wrong. Australia played test in WI. Indian players are back from SL bruised and battered with batsmen woefully out of form and even Kumble seemed to have lost his touch. India will have a tough time.
How many more times we will get to hear this just before an India-Australia test series? Everytime someone or else asks this question and every time the team shows that they are capable of taking 20 Australian wickets either in India or outside. I growing a bit sick of this question now.
Well said Domaink... questioning india's ability to tke 20 australian wkts is bullshit... we've done that quite often... its just the we need to put up some big scores that matters... if our openers give solid starts innings after innings and if the middle order can capitalize on it, the job of the bowlers will become that much more easy... as always, australia is going to be the favorites on paper and thats going to put pressure on them to perform... if we could mount that pressure with some teasing bowling, then wickets will fall on their own... we've seen this in the past and we'll see it again. No doubt. Indian bowling attack will do its job? Will the batters raise to the occassion... I hope they will