Somebody dangled a carrot in front of MoYo again, he fell for it again.

Holysmoke

Md Yousuf may finally join ICL Karachi: After months of legal wrangle with the Indian Cricket League (ICL), Mohammed Yousuf may finally end up joining the rebel Twenty20 series, thus ending his international career. Sources close to the batsman have confirmed that Yousuf has conveyed to the ICL organisers that he is willing to consider joining them if they drop compensation claims and other charges against him. The ICL took legal recourse after Yousuf —a veteran of 79 tests and 269 one-day internationals — first joined them in 2007 and then backed out of the contract under pressure from the PCB who assured him of a more lucrative deal with the official Indian Premier League (IPL). But the ICL obtained a stay order, restraining Yousuf from playing in any other rival Twenty20 league including the IPL. Yousuf is set to file his reply to the ICL charges in the Mumbai high court, where he has appealed against the stay order. Tafazzul Rizvi, the PCB legal counsel, who is supporting Yousuf in his legal battle said the reply would be submitted by an Indian lawyer, hired to push the appeal in the Mumbai high court. However, according to the sources due to the inordinate delay in the legal battle and the failure of the PCB to get him a clear passage to play in the IPL, Yousuf has become extremely frustrated. “With the ICL having a strong case against him, former captain Inzamam-ul-Haq has also advised him to make an out of court settlement and rejoin the ICL,†a source said. He said Inzamam would speak to the ICL on behalf of Yousuf and try to broker a deal but first they want to be sure Yousuf would face no legal hassles from the PCB and IPL. Rizvi as expected said he was not aware of Yousuf making a U-turn. “As far as I know he is very keen on winning his appeal in the high court and he is also confident of success as we have made it clear that the arbitrator was biased towards our client,†Rizvi said. (PTI)

Doesnt his actions go against the basic ethos of professional sports behavior? I dont understand, how can anyone hire the cricketing equivalent of a hitman, who cares for nothing but the price? If Tomorrow, another league pops up and pays him money, then he wouldnt think twice before deserting ICL, AGAIN? Moyo is now the cricket world's Mercenery, no different to those security contractors posted in Iraq and Afghanistan, who kill for money.

Doesnt his actions go against the basic ethos of professional sports behavior? I dont understand, how can anyone hire the cricketing equivalent of a hitman, who cares for nothing but the price? If Tomorrow, another league pops up and pays him money, then he wouldnt think twice before deserting ICL, AGAIN? Moyo is now the cricket world's Mercenery, no different to those security contractors posted in Iraq and Afghanistan, who kill for money.
Of man... for someone who went to the extent of changing his religion to stay in the national team, this is nothing in comparison...
Of man... for someone who went to the extent of changing his religion to stay in the national team' date=' this is nothing in comparison...[/quote'] I think he did that to have a shot at the captaincy. Even got a beard, but his luck didn't help him. Now he is busy chasing money. Ditched PCB, ditched ICL. Jumping around. Pakistani fans were going head over heels when he converted and made some nice statements. Now they are all cursing him like hell.
I think he did that to have a shot at the captaincy. Even got a beard, but his luck didn't help him. Now he is busy chasing money. Ditched PCB, ditched ICL. Jumping around. Pakistani fans were going head over heels when he converted and made some nice statements. Now they are all cursing him like hell.
that's news to me. here is a post form your padosi website: This is the best thing one can hope to hear about Yousaf. He should go back to ICL and be true to his word albeit belatedly. To hell with BCCI. And to hell with PCB (if they show no backbone and keep banning players on Modi's whims). The most important thing for a man should be his word and his integrity. I wish he hadn't bahaved the shameful way he did last year, but now that he has done it, he should do everything to make up for it. Go Moyo!
that's news to me. here is a post form your padosi website: This is the best thing one can hope to hear about Yousaf. He should go back to ICL and be true to his word albeit belatedly. To hell with BCCI. And to hell with PCB (if they show no backbone and keep banning players on Modi's whims). The most important thing for a man should be his word and his integrity. I wish he hadn't bahaved the shameful way he did last year, but now that he has done it, he should do everything to make up for it. Go Moyo!
Well, even in the post you have chosen to quote, I can not see praises for moyo.

Well, I too am not sure if any Pakistani is actually bashing MoYo for this, but that apart, he has simply lost all respect among sane cricket followers for swtiching allegiences like how celebrity actress changesher footwear. I mean, after all the years and years of hard work and so many acheivement, what you strive for is respect and adulation from the public. Of course, he may have become super rich, but beyond a point, money become irrelevant. MoYo's case is very much like Azharuddin's case. Both of them may have a few million dollars stashed away in Secret swiss bank accounts, but no one's gonna give damn bout them anyway. Simply put, despite the mountains of runs he has scored, Mohammed Yousuf will simply not have a legacy as a cricketer.

Well' date=' I too am not sure if any Pakistani is actually [i']bashing MoYo for this, but that apart, he has simply lost all respect among sane cricket followers for swtiching allegiences like how celebrity actress changesher footwear. I mean, after all the years and years of hard work and so many acheivement, what you strive for is respect and adulation from the public. Of course, he may have become super rich, but beyond a point, money become irrelevant. MoYo's case is very much like Azharuddin's case. Both of them may have a few million dollars stashed away in Secret swiss bank accounts, but no one's gonna give damn bout them anyway. Simply put, despite the mountains of runs he has scored, Mohammed Yousuf will simply not have a legacy as a cricketer.
This is PURELY your opinion. Right now PCB (a sister corp. of BCCI) has no standing in front of Pakistani fans and therefore, majority sympathize with Yousuf. Beside, lets wait for an OFFICIAL announcement. This could turn to be another false alarm
There are a few comments that are positive for Yousuf and ICL. But mostly, are attacking on Yousuf all the way. I say, Not sure whether he deserves such criticism or not, after being given a chance to reform once. I already has lost respect for Yousuf when he had chosen ICL over National duty. Of course, in order to run the family, money are required the most especially Pakistan is not getting any cricket in this year On the other hand, he is nearing to retirement from Cricket. I think we should respect his decision and let him go. There are a few cricketers whom we can rely on, in the current squad. :nervous:
This is PURELY your opinion. Right now PCB (a sister corp. of BCCI) has no standing in front of Pakistani fans and therefore' date=' majority sympathize with Yousuf. Beside, lets wait for an OFFICIAL announcement. This could turn to be another false alarm[/quote'] 1. PCB is not a sister concern of BCCI. BCCI has not run into such bad times to have a sister concern like PCB. 2. No standing in front of Pakistani fans? Thats your governing body. Thats created and controlled by your government. What do you mean no standing? It represents your cricket. If PCB has no standing in Pakistan, you have no cricket and no cricket team. On what basis were you asking asking Australia to tour Pakistan when your own people dont think that their cricket governing body has "no standing"?
1. PCB is not a sister concern of BCCI. BCCI has not run into such bad times to have a sister concern like PCB. 2. No standing in front of Pakistani fans? Thats your governing body. Thats created and controlled by your government. What do you mean no standing? It represents your cricket. If PCB has no standing in Pakistan, you have no cricket and no cricket team. On what basis were you asking asking Australia to tour Pakistan when your own people dont think that their cricket governing body has "no standing"?
wow......you are genius! your rational has simply let me speechless......can't argue with that....you indeed are a very wise man my friend!
Of man... for someone who went to the extent of changing his religion to stay in the national team' date=' this is nothing in comparison...[/quote'] you simply cannot accept the FACT that this guy has turned to Islam with all his heart..I know its a bitter pill to sallow for you. Here is a news that reflects the true nature of this guy: Religious Yousuf turns down Lancashire offer Fri, Sep 5 05:56 PM Karachi, Sep 5 (IANS) Senior Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf has declined a lucrative offer to play for Lancashire in the English county championship for the remaining part of the season to focus on fasting during the ongoing holy month of Ramadan. According to sources close to the Lahore-based batsman, Lancashire wanted to utilise the services of Yousuf and offered him a short-term contract to play for them this season. However, Yousuf told the county that he is observing the fasting month of Ramadan and cannot play cricket during the whole of September. http://in.news.yahoo.com/43/20080905/928/tsp-religious-yousuf-turns-down-lancashi_1.html