Team for the 1st 2 Tests : Ganguly IN

Of course, for you, FC career averages, a fantastic batting stance and an international class grip is all that is required to get into the team. Not for me though.
So you are more in to players who look good but get out in 20s. I am more in to players who pile on the runs and so are you as you point out continualy how many runs Kaif has made in FC cricket. Again can't have it both ways. Again you seem VERY confused in your muddled defence of the hapless Kaif!
Well you dont like grips and stances and FC averages. What about cr#p international performances/stats and continually letting your team down. Also on one hand your not in to grips and stances but on the other hand you like they way Kaif looked even though he did jack. Can't have it both ways!
Kaif was destined to be relegated from the ODI squad, coz despite being a top-class fielder, a quick runner and a decent finisher, he never had the requisite power game to be a lower-middle order batsman. He couldnt hit a 4 over-the-top to save his life. However, for tests, things are VERY different. It is my opinion that his technique and temperament is well suited to make a decent middle order batsman, his crappy grip and stance notwithstanding. Sure, his test numbers till now dont read impresssively, but as someone had pointed out earlier, he had scored a 100 against WI just 2 matches before which he was dropped. And only 3 more matches earlier, he had made a match-saving 91 against Eng ( IIRC). And by all accounts, he has gone back, worked harder and become a much better MO batsman, which obviously is true coz he averaged 55 in the last FC season, compared to his overall FC average which is in the 40s. So, dont uselessly keep harping about past records and ungainly grips.
So' date=' dont uselessly keep harping about past records and ungainly grips.[/quote'] So discussing past records of players is useless. In that case lets get Yuvraj, Jaffer, Agarkar, VRV Singh and Mongia back in. As past records are not even worth looking in to according to you.:hysterical: Also the fact his grip his pants which does not allow him to get power in to his shots especially front foot shots should also not be discussed. Even though as you said he cant hit fours over the top and frankly this is due to his grip which you don't want discussed. The way his shots limp to the boundary is down to his horrid grip So in summary players records can't be discussed nor their techniques in evaluating them. So how do you want them judged if records and techniques are useless?:hysterical:You are losing it:hysterical:
Actually, the only thing I have discovered so far in the thread is this: Dsr likes to use this - :hysterical:
Can't help it if your ever more convuluted arguments to defend Kaif make me laugh! I am sure others are cringing at such a well respected poster typing such BS. Even you must cringe at some of the spin you have put in the defence of Kaif here, its been almost Blairesque!
Can't help it if your ever more convuluted arguments to defend Kaif make me laugh! I am sure others are cringing at such a well respected poster typing such BS. Even you must cringe at some of the spin you have put in the defence of Kaif here' date=' its been almost Blairesque![/quote'] :hysterical: P.S: :hysterical:
^ Haha See dsr, the only 'logic' behind your 'arguments' is- Kaif is a pile of turd, he's cr@p, bad technique etc etc No actual response to the many legit points being made.
Not at all. You should be questioning MM who says Kaif has a proven track record against aussies and so should be picked on this basis. Yet Kaif averages 30 against aussies with a top score of 64. This is what MM calls a proven record!! And when this is pointed out to him he still stubbornly keeps saying and quite frankly keeps spinning it that Kaif has a proven track record against the aussies. Is this the legit point you wanted me to respond to? About his proven track record!
How many of you saw: 1. the FC match Australia A where Kaif made 94 and Badri made 10 against Bollinger, Siddle and McGain 2. The one day match vs Aus A in which Tait had Badri jumping all over and was visibly terrified to go near the ball 3. The Irani trophy where Ishant had Badri again like a cat on hot tin roof, playing away from body, absolutely clueless on how to counter the extra bounce. Anyone who saw these matches will NEVER advocate for Badrinath against bowlers like Lee, Clark, Johnson, Bollinger and Siddle. You will see for yourself tomorrow in the BP XI match.
Yes we will see. I can give you a run down on Kaif shockers if you want! A guy with only 10 FC tons has no right to be in an indian test squad!
So what did you see dsr?
^ Haha See dsr, the only 'logic' behind your 'arguments' is- Kaif is a pile of turd, he's cr@p, bad technique etc etc No actual response to the many legit points being made.
Or the legit point that MM made that we should not look at players past records or techniques in judging a player. Not sure how you are supposed to judge a player without looking at his past performances and his technique. Was this another legit point made?

The point re: Kaif and his record agst the Aussies, that series vs Aus was the second of his career. His scores read- 64, 55 (when all else was falling apart around him), 7 , 2, 25. Solid-Not half bad I wouldnt say for a guys first series vs Aus, not to mention a young batsman at the early stages of his test career. Youve got to look beyond averages sometimes- that I think is MM's point After that Kaif did not play a test for a whole year. A test vs England saw him score 91 on a green top with Hoggard ripping through us. And then the series vs WI, a century in a match we should have won. More than enough, in my op, for us to have given him a good run in the side.That you cannot argue agst. Its a strong middle order, he hasnt been treated very well. As I ptd out Chanderpaul has a rubbish technqie, heck so does Sehwag. Technique is important but its overrated, and he's got guts aplenty and application which makes up for it. In any case thats a moot point because now he's back having worked on his game, a better technique, he's led UP to a Ranji win since and had a good season last year. He more than deserves a spot in the batting lineup. This is what I mean when I said your argument is baseless. Its foundation seems to lie in some vitriolic hatred you have for the man rather than anything to do with cricket

This is what I mean when I said your argument is baseless. Its foundation seems to lie in some vitriolic hatred you have for the man rather than anything to do with cricket
Yeah whatever, if he started slamming hundreds left and right cente in the colours of India. You will seem my supposed vitriolic hatred vanish! Its about performance nothing else.
So what did you see DRS?
I heard he got a bad decision!
So you didn't see anything. Surprised to find out a person supporting a player so confidently without having seen him perform against quality pace bowlers! And you heard it wrong. It was not a bad decision. In fact Kohli was hard done by and even Chopra dismissal was only 50:50 where umpire ruled in favour of the bowler. Nothing of that sort in Badri's case. Siddle bowls straight and tackling him, Badri's technique was just awful. He was also lucky that he didn't have to face Lee. Still how many runs did he make? If you heard it, it was just 2.
So you didn't see anything. Surprised to find out a person supporting a player so confidently without having seen him perform against quality pace bowlers! And you heard it wrong. It was not a bad decision. In fact Kohli was hard done by and even Chopra dismissal was only 50:50 where umpire ruled in favour of the bowler. Nothing of that sort in Badri's case. Siddle bowls straight and tackling him, Badri's technique was just awful. He was also lucky that he didn't have to face Lee. Still how many runs did he make? If you heard it, it was just 2.
now every badri fan shud STFU n agree that kaif or even yuvi should have been there instead of badri. btw it was 2 off 21 balls,huh,even beats dravid :hysterical:
now every badri fan shud STFU n agree that kaif or even yuvi should have been there instead of badri. btw it was 2 off 21 balls,huh,even beats dravid :hysterical:
So what you are basically saying is that all these runs he scored in domestic cricket is meaningless? He should not have been selected on the basis of that?:giggle: