Viru.. U the MAN... WTG VIRU!!!

All Hail Viru the Man with Diamond Balls.. Sehwag says no to catch pact with Aussies Bangalore: Aggressive Indian opener Virender Sehwag said Tuesday he was against a "catches pact" with Ricky Ponting's Australia in the upcoming Test series after bitter memories of the last tour Down Under. "We suffered the most in the catches pact during the last series," Sehwag told ESPN-STAR Sports ahead of the four-match series starting in Bangalore on Thursday. "There is no point in having such an arrangement when the Australians are claiming one-bounce catches. We'd have won the Sydney Test if they hadn't claimed catches off half-volleys in that game." :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: The Sydney Test ended the pre-series captains' agreement on taking the fielder's word on disputed catches, but Ponting recently said he was still open to the idea. "I will have a think about it and see if I think it is the right idea to bring it up again," Ponting had said. "Anil was the one who did not want that after the Sydney Test for one reason or the other. We will have a chat (before this series) and it's important to us Australians to play the game in the right spirit and embrace the culture." :finger: The Sydney match also almost saw Anil Kumble's Indians pull out of the series after a string of controversial umpiring decisions. The tourists agreed to continue only after the International Cricket Council pacified them by standing down West Indian umpire Steve Bucknor from the subsequent Perth Test. Sehwag said the hosts held an edge in the coming series as they had a balanced bowling attack. "Bangalore, Mohali and Nagpur (venues for Tests) have offered good bounce in the past and we can take advantage of these conditions with tall, fast bowlers," he said. "If we have spinning tracks, we have the spinners to extract advantage. Their spin department is weak and there is a wide possibility we can win the series either 3-0 or 3-1." Australia are hoping to retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy they won by an identical 2-1 margin in the last two series in 2004 and earlier this year. ------------------------------ love you Viru,, for being on their face.... poor ***** is gonna cry over this.. :D im loving this..

and the P.rick replies.. saying hes insulted... Ponting insulted by 'cheating' claims Cricinfo staff October 8, 2008 Ricky Ponting has vehemently denied that he claimed a catch off a bump ball in the Sydney Test © Getty Images Ricky Ponting, the Australian captain, is insulted by claims from Virender Sehwag that Australia cheated during their acrimonious SCG victory in January. Sehwag said there was no point in having a catching pact for the four-Test series, which starts in Bangalore on Thursday, because it wasn't applied properly on the previous occasion. "That's fairly insulting," Ponting said. "In the first innings [at the SCG] I didn't claim a catch because I wasn't 100% sure. "It's amazing how they've picked out a lot of negatives from that game and don't seem to be speaking about the Perth Test [the third match of that series, which Australia lost], where we probably had the same things happen to us. Not one member of the Australian team has spoken about it. We go about our cricket in different ways." [what the fork hes talking abt..:finger:] Sehwag said the Australians appealed for one-bounce dismissals at the SCG. "We'd have won the Sydney Test match if they hadn't claimed catches taken off half-volleys in that game," Sehwag told ESPN-STAR. India lost by 122 runs after Michael Clarke, who picked up a contentious take off Sourav Ganguly on the final day, collected three wickets in the final over. Shortly after, Anil Kumble said only one team played the match in the spirit of the game. The fixture was also controversial for a series of umpiring mistakes, excessive appealing, batsmen not walking to thick edges and the race row between Harbhajan Singh and Andrew Symonds. Kumble said on Wednesday the Sydney affair would not affect either team in this series. "Let's not sit and dwell on what has happened in the past," he said. "I'm sure this series will be played in the right way." Ponting said the fact India were still talking about the defeat was a good sign for Australia. "I'm not sure what they are trying to achieve," he said. "It was a Test we won, a crucial Test for the overall series. As I said at the time, it was one of the best moments I've had on a cricket field. To win the way we did was an outstanding effort by the team." [and he doesnt have any shame... he calls the win as an outstanding effort... i wanna soo puke on his face for this..]

The Sydney match also almost saw Anil Kumble's Indians pull out of the series after a string of controversial umpiring decisions.
Cricketnext needs a solid kick on the backside. BCCI never threatened to pull out of the series either for controversial umpiring decisions or for the Bhajji episode. It has been clarified many times by BCCI, CA, ICC and the judge who presided over that case.
INTERNATIONAL Cricket Council officials have rushed to put out the verbal spotfires that broke out around the Australian and Indian camps on the eve of the first Test in Bangalore. A largely peaceful lead-up to the Border-Gavaskar series was torn asunder by Indian opener Virender Sehwag's allegations that the Australians cheated to win the Sydney Test in January by claiming unclean catches. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Watch Australia play in India LIVE and EXCLUSIVE on Fox Sports. And join the commentary with foxsports.com.au's LIVE and INTERACTIVE coverage of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy Test matches. Coming Soon: Mini Scoreboard for all the Indian Tests Fantasy Cricket: Play now for a share of $5000! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Touring skipper Ricky Ponting responded in kind by saying the remarks were insulting and that they reflected the different, and by inference inferior, way the Indians went about their cricket when lined up against Australia. Mindful of the severe hit cricket took to its already-battered image during and after the spiteful events in Sydney, match referee Chris Broad warned the teams not to cross the line again during the return series on the subcontinent. He did so during the routine pre-series meeting of captains, coaches and team management, but the ICC's decision to publicise his warning in a press release demonstrated how desperate the game's governing body is to avoid another smear on their brand. “The whole world has been waiting for this series with great expectations and we all want it to be remembered for all the right reasons, because of great cricket,'' ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat said. “There has been a long build-up to the series, but now it is time for the cricket on the field to do the talking as a demonstration that Test cricket remains the pinnacle of our great game.'' Broad has been appointed to stand in all four India-Australia Tests, while umpires Asad Rauf and Rudi Koertzen will preside over the first two matches in Bangalore and Mohali. Billy Bowden and Aleem Dar will then fly in for the last two Tests in Delhi and Nagpur.
ICC already to the rescue. Bloody ICC, can't get even the no balls, chucking or umpiring correct but are ready to dash into this. I don't see much wrong in either Sehwag or Ponting. Wonder what ICC was doing in the past when the players were going left, right and center with their comments prior series. I'm not sure if the ICC even cornered Hayden for his obnoxious weed remark. Cricket if left alone by ICC can handle itself.