Ponting you SOB

You cheat. Caught and bowled to Kumble! Cheats and does not walk. Press confrence has smirk on his face and says I thought I hit it in to ground. Then in press confrence starts taking the piss by praising Greg Chappell and what hepl, he has been and how he has helped him in his techniquie and how he is going to be a great help in coming weeeks. all done with that slimy smirk! You cheating yob.:angry_smile:

That was a quality innings. The early dismissal of Hayden helped him big time as it allowed him to get his eye in early on while the fast bowlers were operating. Usually he would walk out when the spinners were on, men around the bat, etc. and that would be his downfall but this time he already had an hour's worth of batting behind him when he first faced Harbhajan. I also got the feeling that he was allowed to rotate strike a little too easily.

A very good innings from him. While he's played more attractive and dominating ones, this was a fantastic example of his sheer determination and bloodyminded insistence to succeed in India. One thing that's missed out is his sheer skill in handling the opening spell. I think had any other batsman been walking in at 0/1 with the way Ishant moved the ball about, got good bounce and kept probing at the batsman, India would have made inroads into the lineup. Ishant's new ball spell yesterday was absolutely stellar and deserved a wicket or two, but Ponting did very well in surviving it and grinding out a good part of the day.

Can't help admiring his determination and the class with which he bats. That was one terrific knock by Ponting and I don't see why he should have walked if it wasn't conclusive enough. What were the umpires doing and if there's one to be blamed it has to be the umpires. Even otherwise none of the Indians seemed interested other than Anil Kumble.

Kudos to the thug! It was a class knock under immense pressure. Not sure if that was out or not, but I dont blame him this time for not walking. That being said, he shouldnt pretend to be a saint either and make statements like - "if you are questioning my integrity you shouldnt be here!" What kinda effed up incoherent argument is that for a player who claimed a grassed catch and there is photo/video evidence proving the same?!?

Ponting played a very good innings with lot of character' date=' when aussies can salute sachin when he made his 100 in Sydney, why cant we do the same.we need to show the same spirit and applaud a great player,[/quote'] the difference lies in the way those two players conduct themselves on and off the field.
Guest Hiten.

This is such a ridiculous thread and the posts where they are cribbing about ponting being a cheat are even worse. These kind of posts sound as sour grapes to me. Lets admit it that most of the Indians did not expect Ponting to go past half century mark in combined 8 innings (talk to unrealism). Ponting played his heart out and this shows how determined he was to make amends of his past failures, this itself should be praised if not appreciated. I am yet to see such sheer determination (minus RD-VVS kolkata and adelaide affair). Take our last SL tour for an example, despite knowing that Mendis will be a threat our batsmen hardly cared about mastering against him and instead popped the white flag.

This incident was different to nicking one behind and holding your ground, it would have been hard for ponting to know if the bat didn't hit the ball at the same time it hit the ground. If they went to the 3rd umpire it would have been inconclusive and benefit of the doubt would have gone with ponting. I know it sort of looked out but you couldn't 100% tell.

No shortage of such stupid threads, expect more but whatever...aur bhi gum hain zamane mein RTP: With all the press behind his India record etc, that was a very nice innings, I just hope he's not the only centurion
I hope the only one from the Australian side. Nevertheless great innings from the guy. That's what you call mental toughness. To move out of your comfort zone and play like he did.