Zaheer Khan

DomainK

Zaheer laid down the pimp smacking today. Setup his first wicket and then toyed with Peterson and got him out. Plus he was reverse swinging the ball like a magician out there. Hardly went for any runs. He was the pick of the bowlers today and we'll need him first thing tomorrow with the new ball. Sharma was a bit unlucky I thought. He bowled extremely well, reversing a bit also and really working the angles into his bowling. All in all though, the pitch was a dull boring, batting haven.
dont want the new ball,old one is doing fine.and about zak bowling,its all thanks to TN police,they got him angry n eng are suffering now:two_thumbs_up:
dont want the new ball' date='old one is doing fine.and about zak bowling,its all thanks to TN police,they got him angry n eng are suffering now:two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Oh yeah I agree. Ofcourse both pacers will get about 4 overs each if the ball is still reversing and then we might see the new ball. This is what the 4th or 5th time Zaheer has gotten the ball to reverse in as many test matches?
i read in cricinfo that Zak bowled a 90mph reverse swinging delivery which almost moved in a foot. did he bowl that fast and did he bowl so regularly? what was Ishant's speed? i agree quality seam bowling has many aspects apart from the 'phaast" bowling, but just wanted to know how fast these guys were and whether they can polish off the negland lines up before lunch tomorrow.
That particular over by him (if I recall correctly) he bowled at least 3 140+ deliveries. The yorker you are talking about he bowled at around 143 KMPH. More importantly that ball reverse swung MILES. Not the speed, but the swing and accuracy mattered for that particular yorker. ZK is a completely different bowler all of a sudden
his new hair style has made him hawter! :two_thumbs_up:
i actually like his smile. that, and also the way his eyebrows move when he is thoughtful or giving a bit of stare. i did not like him when he was getting lazy in the ganguly regime. but dropping him from the team, seems to have worked, and COUNTY CRICKET...why aren't bowlers like RP Singh and Munaf Patel playing more COUNTY CRICKET!? whats the BCCI rule prohibiting it?

48-16-5-81 (2w) - that is his performance in this test match. Brilliant stuff. Man- he's been in awesome form. That is an economy of 1.69. Just reinforcing what Dhondy said in another thread - our pacemen have been terrific. Harbhajan and Mishra have taken wickets and have had their moments but nothing as consistent as Zaheer or Ishant's consistency (although the latter had a bad day yesterday with 7 no-balls).

48-16-5-81 (2w) - that is his performance in this test match. Brilliant stuff. Man- he's been in awesome form. That is an economy of 1.69. Just reinforcing what Dhondy said in another thread - our pacemen have been terrific. Harbhajan and Mishra have taken wickets and have had their moments but nothing as consistent as Zaheer or Ishant's consistency (although the latter had a bad day yesterday with 7 no-balls).
Those figures look even better when you consider that he was bowling on a good batting pitch with nothing much in it for the bowlers.

We should groom another left arm seamer from now - so that there is someone in the wings, and ZK passes the baton on to a very good left arm seamer when the time arrives. For now and for some more years - hope ZK continues the form. When Kumble left - there is no proper grooming done yet for the next spinner. We shud not be in the same state for left arm seamers.

This is what, the 3rd/4th time Zaheer has been devastating with getting the ball to reverse? Since October last year, this man has reverse swung the ball and made the batsmen look foolish against Australia twice, then against England, and now again in the Ranji Final. Take a good look at Zaheer now. When was the last time an India pace bowler got the ball to reverse swing consistently and in this manner for 4 months in a row? This is Indian Cricketing history being made. Wasim learned from Imran, then Waqar learned from Wasim. Now is the time guys like Pathan, Ishant, Kulkarni, Patel sit down and learn the valueable skill of reverse swing from Zaheer so that we can have a factory line of talented pace bowlers that dominate the bowling in the subcontinent.

Especially Pathan. Of all the Indian bowlers he's the most similar to Zaheer in his mechanics of bowling. He run up, stride, right foot planted forward and delivery point are almost identical to Zaheer's. Pathan has a bit more of a slingy action which probably accounts for his awful lack of accuracy. I can't tell you how frustrating it is watching Pathan bowl like a clown with zero accuracy trying too hard to swing the ball and ending up spraying it too wide or leg side. This guy has been around long enough now and needs to put his head down and start getting better control over his bowling because there's absolutely no reason why he can't bowl like Zaheer. Someone like Ishant will never bowl similar to Zaheer because he's right handed and has completely different bowling angles (which is good for him) but there's no excuse for Pathan to bowl like a clown.