Zak launches stinging attack on the Aussies

Ram

Zak has summed it up pretty well..Aussies have lost a wonderful opportunity to go 1 up in this series..India played pretty well in the last day to save this test match but still the aussies lost it during the Bhajji and Zaks partnership..they are not looking the dominating force anymore and their run rate of 2.8 po in the first innings was really surprising as well..i wud say India is the much more confident team now going into the second test..remember we were a bowler short in Anil in this match..so with just 3 bowlers we bowled pretty well too..now Sachin VVS RD and Sourav have all got runs so advantage India now[/QUOTE] wat bout ponting,hussey,katich,haddin's runs.
i feel that our bowling attack is much more capable than the aussies..i was worried abt our middle order and i thot they wud fail in the last innings..but they dint..im pretty sure their confidence now is very high and so an in form Indian batting order is much more threatening than the aussies..

Zaheer replaces Harbhajan It's plain to see. Team India have given Harbhajan a rest and asked Zaheer to assume the baton of sledger-in-chief. Some players are not suited to sledging, others look visibly aggressive on the field and thrive on the heat of battle. Harbhajan aside, Zaheer roars the loudest. India need Zaheer to get angry.

>why cant pacers take tailenders? zaheer did it in aus first inn . i dont think he bowled spin. Yes Zaheer did, But did B. Lee, Johnson (supposedly 140+ bowlers) get tailenders?? no? yes? see my point? see Zaheers point??
just bcoz they didnt do it here doesnt mean cant take bhajji's n zak's wicket?i'm talking of ability

>just bcoz they didnt do it here doesnt mean cant take bhajji's n zak's wicket?i'm talking of ability may be they were tired!!! But fact remains they did not. They struggled. They struggled on this wicket (spinner friendly), and thats the point Zack is making. Getting it???

>just bcoz they didnt do it here doesnt mean cant take bhajji's n zak's wicket?i'm talking of ability may be they were tired!!! But fact remains they did not. They struggled. They struggled on this wicket (spinner friendly), and thats the point Zack is making. Getting it???
no zak said they cant take 20 wickets,that they dont have the ability

>no zak said they cant take 20 wickets,that they dont have the ability yes their entire attack is what he means. They had 200 overs on difficult pitch, but they did not get 20 wickets. They do need a quality spinner to keep pressure on indian batsman. Once their quickies are tired, its easy peasy even for tailender. Thats whole point.

>no zak said they cant take 20 wickets,that they dont have the ability yes their entire attack is what he means. They had 200 overs on difficult pitch, but they did not get 20 wickets. They do need a quality spinner to keep pressure on indian batsman. Once their quickies are tired, its easy peasy even for tailender. Thats whole point.
aussie pacers arent like indian pacers that they tire so quickly. they r supremely fit

I agree and disagree with Zaheer's views. Sure Aussies were playing safe with regards to batting but their declaration was daring and as aggressive as it could have been. Remember Anil Kumble declaration against Pakistan on an even dreadful pitch last year? I can't quite remember the number of runs India let Pakistan to chase but it was never going to be possible to chase a target like that. India were given under 300 runs to chase on the last day in about 80 overs which is not as bad as Zaheer makes it sound. It was India that showed no intention of going for the target from ball one. They had pre-decided they were going to play for draw. Every batsman seems to have been told to knuckle down and play for time. I agree Aussies looked incapable of taking 20 wickets in this test match and on a pitch like this. Indian bowlers looked lot more capable but in Indian conditions it is the Indian spinners that should be worried not able to chip in with more wickets. What's the number of wickets Indian spinners took in their own backyard? The Aussies dominated the Indian spin attack but couldn't cope against faster bowlers. Aussies were very defensive setting the field and even when batting. The intent was fairly lacking but I won't blame them for that. They are the visiting team and they are to play safe in the first test match as they haven't won enough in India. India have always won enough against Australia but they didn't believe for once they could win against this Australian team that is termed as inexperienced. Both teams didn't show enough intent of dominating this test match. Both played it safe and it is fairly understandable.

Australian / Indian relationships. Unfortunately, it is these types of comments that are straining Australian & Indian relationships. In Australia, only around 15% of citizens follow cricket. Therefore, most people don't properly understand why some Indian cricketers are quite aggressive with their comments. To say that the Australians can't do something or that they are not good enough or just making these types of negative comments are considered quite rude in Australia, or more to the point, they are uneducated comments. Indian cricketers don't understand how to make comments to another team and get their point across, without being rude. I think it could be a lack of understanding of the impact of the English language. The Indians in Australia were considered to be our best visitors to the country and now because of the way Indians are being represented in the media, Australians are starting to become quite frustrated with Indians and not having good relationships with them. Australia are currently going through the proper professional avenues with rebuilding their team. Of course they will not play as dominating like they have in the past. To Australians it seems quite strange that Indians would put the same pressure and make the same commetns to a team that are learning. Sacchin Tendulkar is loved in Australia, because he understands how to get his point across without being rude. We as Australians are finding ourselves responding to comments that we normally consider to be unappropriate, uneducated or rude. This is making us respond in ways that we don't like and also making us look bad. The Indian team may sound ok to Indians, but on the world stage they clearly need some communication and media training so they are not constantly getting people angry.

Unfortunately, it is these types of comments that are straining Australian & Indian relationships. In Australia, only around 15% of citizens follow cricket. Therefore, most people don't properly understand why some Indian cricketers are quite aggressive with their comments. To say that the Australians can't do something or that they are not good enough or just making these types of negative comments are considered quite rude in Australia, or more to the point, they are uneducated comments. Indian cricketers don't understand how to make comments to another team and get their point across, without being rude. I think it could be a lack of understanding of the impact of the English language. The Indians in Australia were considered to be our best visitors to the country and now because of the way Indians are being represented in the media, Australians are starting to become quite frustrated with Indians and not having good relationships with them. Australia are currently going through the proper professional avenues with rebuilding their team. Of course they will not play as dominating like they have in the past. To Australians it seems quite strange that Indians would put the same pressure and make the same commetns to a team that are learning. Sacchin Tendulkar is loved in Australia, because he understands how to get his point across without being rude. We as Australians are finding ourselves responding to comments that we normally consider to be unappropriate, uneducated or rude. This is making us respond in ways that we don't like and also making us look bad. The Indian team may sound ok to Indians, but on the world stage they clearly need some communication and media training so they are not constantly getting people angry.
Umm....so you want us to cut you some slack because you are rebuilding your team. Sure.
Unfortunately, it is these types of comments that are straining Australian & Indian relationships. In Australia, only around 15% of citizens follow cricket. Therefore, most people don't properly understand why some Indian cricketers are quite aggressive with their comments. To say that the Australians can't do something or that they are not good enough or just making these types of negative comments are considered quite rude in Australia, or more to the point, they are uneducated comments. Indian cricketers don't understand how to make comments to another team and get their point across, without being rude. I think it could be a lack of understanding of the impact of the English language. The Indians in Australia were considered to be our best visitors to the country and now because of the way Indians are being represented in the media, Australians are starting to become quite frustrated with Indians and not having good relationships with them. Australia are currently going through the proper professional avenues with rebuilding their team. Of course they will not play as dominating like they have in the past. To Australians it seems quite strange that Indians would put the same pressure and make the same commetns to a team that are learning. Sacchin Tendulkar is loved in Australia, because he understands how to get his point across without being rude. We as Australians are finding ourselves responding to comments that we normally consider to be unappropriate, uneducated or rude. This is making us respond in ways that we don't like and also making us look bad. The Indian team may sound ok to Indians, but on the world stage they clearly need some communication and media training so they are not constantly getting people angry.
Sorry can't agree with anything you mentioned. Aussies are one of the rudest if not the rudest going around. Education hardly matters and you often wonder even with decent education the Aussies barely have any sense how to hold a decent conversation without being rude. Ever wondered whey they are the most hated cricketers? Every cricketing nation has a history of problems they have had with the Aussies.

wow... i dont even know how to respond to that aside from 'bollocks' ... Indian team has historically been one of the friendliest and easiest to get along with. The less about the Assies the better .... there is a good reason why they are virtually no neutral fans fav team after their own. Unlike say soccer where the vast majority roots for Brazil after their own. Anyways - last season was case in point and while most of the Oz media closed ranks some of the more discerning scribes actually thought about why everyone detests the Assies as much as they do. Therein lies the answer my friend ... look inwards first