Zaheer charged for send-off

DomainK

Zaheer Khan, India's fast bowler, has been charged by the ICC match referee Chris Broad for his send-off of Matthew Hayden during Australia's second innings on Monday. Zaheer, who started the final day with three quick wickets, will answer a Level 2 offence for conduct contrary to the spirit of the game. The penalty for such an offence, according to ICC's code of conduct, can be a fine equal to 50% to 100% of the player's match fee or a one-Test or two-ODI ban. Hayden gestured and complained to umpire Rudi Koertzen, who was standing at square leg, when he left the ground after being lbw to Harbhajan Singh in the over before lunch. Hayden's wicket sparked a collapse of 5 for 9 as Australia dropped to 58 for 5 shortly after the break. Zaheer will attend the hearing with Broad at the conclusion of the second Test. However Tim Nielsen, Australia's coach, played down the incident. "I think there was a bit of by-play going on out there," Nielsen said. "To me that's Test cricket." http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/374809.html

The first half of Malcolm Conn's match report tomorrow will be about the boorish behaviour of Zaheer
As Conn-man watchers would know, the line above is not a joke. Already his partial match report has this line about the Haddin dismissal : "The ball jagged back into the right hander from the left arm seamer, raising yet more questions about why India’s fast bowlers can consistently move the ball and Australia’s cannot." More whinges to follow.
As Conn-man watchers would know, the line above is not a joke. Already his partial match report has this line about the Haddin dismissal : "The ball jagged back into the right hander from the left arm seamer, raising yet more questions about why India’s fast bowlers can consistently move the ball and Australia’s cannot." More whinges to follow.
:haha::haha::haha: I loved the way Dhoni said how our bowlers 'maintained' the ball. 'Keep' at it, dawgs! :winky: