Gilly lashes out at Sachin, calls him a bad sport, liar.

Holysmoke

Bhajii calling Gilchrist comments as rubbish.. "He should not be talking about Sachin. It is all rubbish," the Indian off-spinner said. "We don't respect him. He pretends to be a saint and people say he walks when he nicks, but why did he appeal when batsmen don't nick? "He always changes his mind according to a situation. If Australia is close to a victory he is always going up (appealing), whether it is out or not out. We don't need him to say these things (about Tendulkar) just because he is retired." http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/cricket/sachin-criticism-rubbish/2008/10/24/1224351543689.html

And now Bhajji SLAPS Gilly... LEGEND! http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2008/10/24/1224351543689.html HARBHAJAN Singh has claimed Indian players do not share the cricket world's respect for Adam Gilchrist, after the former Australian wicketkeeper questioned the integrity of the nation's most revered cricketer, Sachin Tendulkar. Though his effigy is yet to be burned on the streets of Tendulkar's home city of Mumbai, Gilchrist committed the Indian cricket equivalent of blasphemy in his autobiography by suggesting the batsman changed his evidence to help Harbhajan escape a racism charge. The passages about Tendulkar were met with outrage on Indian television and by one of Tendulkar's closest allies, Harbhajan. "He should not be talking about Sachin. It is all rubbish," the Indian off-spinner said. "We don't respect him. He pretends to be a saint and people say he walks when he nicks, but why did he appeal when batsmen don't nick? "He always changes his mind according to a situation. If Australia is close to a victory he is always going up (appealing), whether it is out or not out. We don't need him to say these things (about Tendulkar) just because he is retired." Tendulkar was batting with Harbhajan when the Australians were convinced they heard the spinner call Andrew Symonds a monkey. In his book, True Colours, Gilchrist describes Tendulkar's evidence as a "joke". The batsman initially testified he had not heard what Harbhajan said to Symonds, then at the appeal hearing claimed Harbhajan used a Hindi word that could have sounded like "monkey" to an Australian ear. Harbhajan refused to discuss the specifics of Tendulkar's evidence. "I don't want to talk about that episode again and again. It is over," he said. "If you talk to any guy who plays or follows cricket about Sachin Tendulkar, they will talk about the respect he commands. These guys can't come close to him. I am really shocked." Gilchrist is regarded not only as one of the game's greatest entertainers, but also one of its fairest players, so his views about the "cultural difference" in the teams' approach are sure to resonate. "In the Australian mentality, we play it hard and are then quick to shake hands and leave it all on the field," he writes. "Some of our opponents don't do it that way. Sachin Tendulkar, for instance, can be hard to find for a changing-room handshake after we have beaten India. Harbhajan can also be hard to find. I guess it's a case of different strokes for different folks." Ironically, Harbhajan and Matthew Hayden have said the relationship between the teams has been repaired since last summer's acrimony. "We are very focused on cricket and on the next Test in Delhi," Harbhajan said. "We know Australia will come back very strong. It has been a great series so far. There have been no dramas in the first two Tests. I hope the next two will be played in the gentleman's spirit." However, India's Zaheer Khan was fined 80% of his match fee for giving Hayden a send-off when he was dismissed in the second Test. Tendulkar is almost beyond reproach in India, where the batsman issued a rare, angry public statement when former coach Greg Chappell questioned the attitude of senior players after the side's disastrous 2007 World Cup campaign. Chappell's predecessor, New Zealander John Wright, said he was surprised Tendulkar's sportsmanship had been questioned. "During my time with the team, impeccable would be a word that comes to mind," said Wright, who coached India to a famous series victory in 2001 and to a series draw in Australia in 2003-04. ================================================================ Bhajji is such a LEGEND!

Another good reason why this buffoon should be kicked out of Indian team for good. Did he take a minute to ponder: a) This whole cr@p of a situation is ENTIRELY his doing?? SRT has been dragged into this and it is fairly safe to say that had Bhajji not made that trip down under there would no non-sense like what happened. As it so has transpired not only did this moron create a bad situation, he also introduced the entire world to a delightful version of mother -*****. What takes the cake is how Indian fans, regardless of age, jump over each other defending teri maa ki. To them(Indian fans) if Symo says back - Teri maa ki - I suppose thats acceptable too. b) Gilly has RETIRED from cricket. Bhajji is still playing. The code of conduct for Indian players, to my knowledge anyway, restricts them from making comments like up above. Now if the BCCI hauls him over coal they get tagged for being "harsh" by Indian fans, if they dont they come across as being a silent spectator to this moron. Damn if you do, damn if you dont. c) The two protagonists - Gilly and Sachin - have clarified the situation and here comes this jacka$ swinging wildly. Had he shown that much passion he would have improved his bowling instead. xxx

BTW, I am still not convinced about the veracity of this piece. It is quite revealing that it has come out first in an Aussie paper. And If I am right, this isnt the first time an Australian paper has quoted Bhajji saying something really inflammatory. Then, he had denied making those statements.

Well TOI isint that great a website either but i dont think they would provide false news as such
I still have my doubts. I am not per se 'unbelieving' of bhajji making such a statement, but the timing of it so rotten that even someone like bhajji wouldnt be stupid enough to say something like this at this juncture.
I still have my doubts. I am not per se 'unbelieving' of bhajji making such a statement' date=' but the timing of it so rotten that even someone like [b']bhajji wouldnt be stupid enough to say something like this at this juncture.
Sriram you still havent understood our Bhajji that well :D

o.k, this is the reason for my doubts, this was in March, earlier this year. Harbhajan denies calling the Aussies names Press Trust Of India Posted on Mar 07, 2008 at 20:00 Jalandhar: India's ace spinner Harbhajan Singh on Friday denied having called Australian opener Matthew Hayden a "big liar" and wicketkeeper-batsman Adam Gilchrist "no saint". Harbhajan, who was at the centre of most of the controversies during the acrimonious tour of Australia, was quoted by a daily as saying " Don't talk about Hayden's credibility, he is a big liar". The spinner, however, made it clear that he had not made such comments. "I did not make these comments. A lot has been written in the last few days, but I have not said such things", Harbhajan told a press conference here. In that interview, Harbhajan was also quoted as saying that "He (Gilchrist) is also not a saint. He, of course, pretends to be a saint -- someone who does not say an offensive word on the field." "But this is completely wrong. There are times when he does not let an opportunity go waste". ------------- http://cricketnext.in.com/news/harbhajan-denies-calling-the-aussies-names/30178-13.html

Lurker you said ... where was the prood that Gilchrist claimed Tendulkar lied ... well this is a quote from his book ...

"Tendulkar, who'd said at the first hearing that he hadn't been able to hear what Harbhajan had said - and he was a fair way away, up the other end, so I'm certain he was telling the truth - now supported Harbhajan's version that he hadn't called Symo a 'monkey' but instead a Hindi term of abuse that might sound like 'monkey' to Australian ears," Gilchrist said. "The Indians got him off the hook when they, of all people, should have been treating the matter of racial vilification with the utmost seriousness."
He has implied here that in his 2nd testimony, Sachin lied (or at least failed to tell the truth). But in any case, you're argument about Gilchrist being "Innocent until proven guilty" is flawed because as Domaink quite clearly stated ... No one accused Gilchrist of anything. Gilchrist did the accusing!!!