Why do Aussies use Pitch as excuse.

putrevus

All thru this test series , all I have I heard from Aussies camp and their commentary team is how tough are these conditions for players to play,and not only that they never tend to give opposition credit instead use conditions as an excuse. The same guys tend to forget to use the same for teams visiting Australia and if they are beaten , they never acknowledge that may be the visitors had tough time in dealing with the conditions and lost the match. When Indian lost in Melbourne and Sydney in last tour , I never heard any excuse coming out from Indian camp about conditions.in one macth they were beaten fair and square and one match they were robbed but they never complained on conditions and used that as an excuse.All we heard from Aussie camp then we thrashed sorry Ass*d Indian team but when roles are reversed they start using heat humidity and what not as excuse for their pathetic performance. To be great player and great team are you not supposed to be great on all conditions rather than just home cooking.Second thing it is fair to say if a visiting team loses first test match on a tour due lack of experience on foreign conditions but if that persists all thru the tour then something is wrong with team itself.

Absolutely. I have said this before, but I will repeat it again. When we get bowled out on an ultra-fast and bouncy Durban pitch for 100 and 66, then the whole world mocks at us for being poor players of pace and bounce. But, when foreign teams come to India and struggle in the slow and low conditions here, somehow, the pitches aren’t upto standard. The good thing is, throughout the series so far, there hasn’t been one occasion where you could called the pitch ‘unplayable’ or overly assisting the spinners. Tellingly, its our quicks who have done the most damage. So, the Aussies cant even come up with their usual ‘the pitch is too spin-friendly’ excuse. I guess we can just decide they aren’t good enough. :D

And certainly that are not good enough. When they play in India' date=' their weaknesses get exposed. And then they scream about poor pitch.[/quote'] It's not just in India, any team that doesn't have one quality spinner is going to get exposed as the ICC is coming down hard on teams that mock the over rate and when you pack your side with fast bowlers who typically take long run ups and take more time. Collingwood got banned recently for a couple of matches for doing this but England didn't really care because he sucked at the time.

you think thats bad ... the daily telegraph in australia used the balls as an excuse claiming the SG balls had a more pronounced seam than the kookaburra balls (and that the SG balls were like the duke balls in england, where the Aussies also encountered reverse swing). they claimed the balls were the reason for the swing. as usual the DT (which is def. the worst Australian paper) conveniently ignored the following facts: * Indians have been getting swing all over the world, while the Aussie bowlers havent * During the series, both teams get to use the same ball * The Aussie bowling coach is the "reverse-swing king" Troy Cooley * Indians were getting more swing than the Aussies even in Australia * The Aussie bowlers (bar occassionally Lee and Watson) have pretty ordinary wrist positions.

I love it how all the supposed best bowlers in the world come to India and look like crap such as Lee, Clark, Steyn etc and have to fight in the same conditions as Indian fast bowlers have over the years. Can't wait till the so called great English bowlers like Harmison, Sidebottom, come into India and get blasted away on these flat pitches.

you think thats bad ... the daily telegraph in australia used the balls as an excuse claiming the SG balls had a more pronounced seam than the kookaburra balls (and that the SG balls were like the duke balls in england, where the Aussies also encountered reverse swing). they claimed the balls were the reason for the swing. as usual the DT (which is def. the worst Australian paper) conveniently ignored the following facts: * Indians have been getting swing all over the world, while the Aussie bowlers havent * During the series, both teams get to use the same ball * The Aussie bowling coach is the "reverse-swing king" Troy Cooley * Indians were getting more swing than the Aussies even in Australia * The Aussie bowlers (bar occassionally Lee and Watson) have pretty ordinary wrist positions.
saying Aussie bowlers have a pretty oridinary wrist position is actually giving them too much credit Johnson has a rubbish wrist position and absolutely cr@p release of the ball
I love it how all the supposed best bowlers in the world come to India and look like crap such as Lee' date=' Clark, [b']Steyn etc and have to fight in the same conditions as Indian fast bowlers have over the years. Can't wait till the so called great English bowlers like Harmison, Sidebottom, come into India and get blasted away on these flat pitches.
Actually Steyn did okay. Because his wrist position is good and his release is good it enables him to swing it in most conditions. Agree with everything else though.
All thru this test series , all I have I heard from Aussies camp and their commentary team is how tough are these conditions for players to play,and not only that they never tend to give opposition credit instead use conditions as an excuse. The same guys tend to forget to use the same for teams visiting Australia and if they are beaten , they never acknowledge that may be the visitors had tough time in dealing with the conditions and lost the match.
You will have to be specific about who is complaining before you start having a go at Australians. As regards to opposite team visiting Australia,I would be interested if you could find me who are these opponents that complain about pace and bounce?? If you do some homework you can put these opponents into 1 bracket - subcontinent countries. West Indies, South Africa, England, NZ rarely complain about this. West Indies have stream rolled Aussies thanks to its pace battery from days of Wes Hall to Ambrose. South Africans have not done the same but they always had the firepower. England have beaten Australian in its backyard thanks to Larwood, Frank Tyson, John Snow etc. Even New Zealand has had its moments thanks to Richard Haldee and recently Shane Bond. Against this backdrop subcontinent team have come cropper. SL is the worst of the lot. India has had its moments, Kapil won us in 1981 and since then we have won atleast 2 Tests thanks to Ishant, Zaheer and Agarkar. Pakistan has probably had the best attack but never translated good results. There is also the argument that sub continent batsmen rack up 50 plus averages at home only to score at 20s and 30s Down Under, case in point Inzamam. Now this obviously doesnt work for a Sachin or a Dravid or a Laxman but look through the records and see how past greats have a big wide difference between their averages at home and Down under.
To be great player and great team are you not supposed to be great on all conditions rather than just home cooking.Second thing it is fair to say if a visiting team loses first test match on a tour due lack of experience on foreign conditions but if that persists all thru the tour then something is wrong with team itself.
Which is why Sachin Tendulkars century at Perth is still rated by Benaud as one of the greatest ever. Never mind the fact that Benaud would have seen countless Australian players score century. Indian batsmen, more so recently, have started to use the pace and bounce of Australian pitches to their advantage and this has served us very well. Gone are the days of Tigers at home and Lambs abroad. Now if you are asking me if Aussies should be good on Indian soil? Of course they should be. This is one reason why I dont consider Ricky Ponting half as good as Sachin or Lara. xxx

Actually the Indians (to the best of my recollection) have never complained about a pitch in Australia being too bouncy or too hard. Its usually the media just saying that they will have a hard time adjusting but the players havent complained. This is in contrast to the Aussie players who have complained about pitches in the past (such as the Mumbai one in 2004)

Actually the Indians (to the best of my recollection) have never complained about a pitch in Australia being too bouncy or too hard. Its usually the media just saying that they will have a hard time adjusting but the players havent complained. This is in contrast to the Aussie players who have complained about pitches in the past (such as the Mumbai one in 2004)
There is no contrast. No top players, from India or Australia, complains about pacey track or spin track. At the highest level you are expected to flourish on both. The players do complain when a pitch is substandard. The Mumbai pitch clearly was. It was a half-prepared pitch that assisted Michael Clarke to take 6 wickets on 3rd day! Thats akin to Sachin Tendulkar bowling medium pacers on a first day Perth pitch and taking 6 wickets! Rest assured if that happens everyone would start howling as substandard pitch. Australia pitches are some of the very best in the world. They have fast pitch at WACA, spin track at Sydney and a mix of both in Melbourne and Adelaide. If anyone disagrees with that he frankls needs to watch a bit more cricket. Ah and yes Indian cricketers have complained about substandard pitch. Remember the wonder-bra of NZ??? xxx

First of all Ricky Ponting lodged a complaint about the pitch to the Match Referee after the Mumbai match. Secondly, it all depends on ones definition of a standard pitch. I agree with you that the Aussie pitches are some of the best in the world but that doesnt mean a raging turner is necessarily a substandard pitch. In that series, the previous match in Nagpur was played on a green-top, and the first match of that series was in Bangalore where there was a hard and bouncy wicket. Just because the Mumbai wicket assisted spin does not mean its a substandard pitch. Ponting also complained about the pitches during the ICC Champions trophy 2006 claiming they were "inconsistent". I dont see anything wrong with that. As for the wonder-bra in NZ ... do you happen to have a link where the Indians have complained about it?

First of all Ricky Ponting lodged a complaint about the pitch to the Match Referee after the Mumbai match. Secondly, it all depends on ones definition of a standard pitch. I agree with you that the Aussie pitches are some of the best in the world but that doesnt mean a raging turner is necessarily a substandard pitch. In that series, the previous match in Nagpur was played on a green-top, and the first match of that series was in Bangalore where there was a hard and bouncy wicket. Just because the Mumbai wicket assisted spin does not mean its a substandard pitch.
So because Bangalore and Nagpur were "good"pitches it was okay to have a sham at Mumbai? What kind of logic is that? As for Mumbai pitch, check the scores and see the wicket tally next to bowlers name. You will have all your answers.
As for the wonder-bra in NZ ... do you happen to have a link where the Indians have complained about it?
No I dont. I dont beleive in making Google more money than what they already have. You can find it if you would like. Else you can just ignore that statement.
So because Bangalore and Nagpur were "good"pitches it was okay to have a sham at Mumbai? What kind of logic is that?
Thats not what I meant. What I meant was that there were a range of pitches in that series. Just because one of them assisted spin more doesnt make it a substandard pitch.
As for Mumbai pitch, check the scores and see the wicket tally next to bowlers name. You will have all your answers.
Given all the rules favouring the batsman nowadays, and given that most pitches in India are flat runbeds, it was actually quite refreshing to see a pitch where the bowlers had the advantage and the batsman had to really struggle. Personally, my definition of a bad pitch is one where the toss becomes so advantagous that bowling first offers you absolutely nothing. In Mumbai the contest was even for the entire 3 days and I see nothing wrong with that. Tendulkar and Laxman showed in the 2nd innings that if you really apply yourself you can score runs. Now if a few of the Aussie batsmen did that then they may have got the runs needed. Just because the bounce isnt true and the pitch is dusty does not make it a substandard pitch.
No I dont. I dont beleive in making Google more money than what they already have. You can find it if you would like. Else you can just ignore that statement.
Hahaha ... well you can always Yahoo search, or MSN Live search, or A1 search, or Cuil search, or use any of the other non-Google search engines. I dont actually recall an Indian player complaining about a pitch, unlike Australian players in the past.