Gambhir and Watson charged

DomainK

If India win this match, then the series is wrapped up and I dont mind if he gets suspended for 1 test (no ODIs) ... because then we can play 3 spinners and spin Australia right out of the series. However if we draw this match or miraculously lose it (which wont happen) then we must win the next game ... in which case I hope he doesnt get suspended. In any case, it seemed pretty mild a nudge. I think a warning and a fine is sufficient anyway.

If India win this match, then the series is wrapped up and I dont mind if he gets suspended for 1 test (no ODIs) ... because then we can play 3 spinners and spin Australia right out of the series. However if we draw this match or miraculously lose it (which wont happen) then we must win the next game ... in which case I hope he doesnt get suspended. In any case, it seemed pretty mild a nudge. I think a warning and a fine is sufficient anyway.
think chris rascist broad
^ Ok why wasnt Michael Clarke charged for tackling Tendulkar in Brisbane and then holding on to him and preventing the single.
^ Ok why wasnt Michael Clarke charged for tackling Tendulkar in Brisbane and then holding on to him and preventing the single.
hmm India did not file a complaint?
^ India dont always have to file a complaint. The Aussies didnt actually file a complaint about Zaheer' date=' it was picked up by the match review committee. How come Clarkey got away scot free. Not even a warning or a small fine. Nothing.[/quote'] actually if u remember Hayden gestured to the Umpire. The umpire then had to take action. Though How it as termed as a lvl 2 offense is beyond me. Send off is lvl 1 offense

the lesson to be learnt is that as soon as a batsman get provoked by the opposition - do the following: 1. stop the proceedings immediately 2. ask the umpires to come near the stumps (near the stump microphone) 3. gesture to any of the cameraman to stand in a position where the camera can catch what you are saying. 4. lodge an official complaint to the umpire, stating in exact words what was said, making sure you are heard loud and clear on the stump mikes and also ur lip movement is captured by the camera 5. if required, state what section this offence should be booked - whether it is level 2 or 1 etc 6. If in doubt, ask the 12th man to bring the law books. 7. Proceed with the math

This has to do with the umpires on the field. They are the ones that usually refer a matter to guys like Chris Broad. It's pathetic really. You could see it when Katich physically had his hands on Gambhir, blocking his run. The ICC code of conduct book clearly says you cannot physically contact another player in order to harm or impede them. Yet we have an idiot like Katich who actually went OUT OF HIS WAY to block Gambhir and place his hands on him. So what does Bowden do? He actually steps in a starts talking to Gambhir and guiding him out of the way and make NO attempt to speak to Katich to see just what the hell he was doing and why he called Gambhir a "f . . . . . ing w_ank_er" so loudly that the stump mics picked it up. Billy Bowden didn't report the verbal abuse or the physical grabbing by Katich. What stupid double standards.

actually if u remember Hayden gestured to the Umpire. The umpire then had to take action. Though How it as termed as a lvl 2 offense is beyond me. Send off is lvl 1 offense
Thats not making a complaint. He just gestured as if to say, whats going on? What Ponting did in Sydney was make a complaint. With the Clarke-Sachin incident it clearly happened in front of umpire Taufell (who didnt do anything about it). With that incident itself ... the initial tackle i dont think could have been avoided, given the speed at which Clarke attacked the ball. Where I have an issue is that in an attempt to get up, Clarke wrapped his legs around Sachins and then turned his body. Ive never seen anybody try to get up like that. No doubt, it was to prevent the single.
However, a decision on Gambhir has been adjourned until Friday morning to allow Broad to review the evidence. Gambhir, who made his maiden double century on Thursday, scoring 206 in India's first innings, has been pleaded guilty to a C1 Level 2 offence of not playing within the Spirit of Cricket. In case Gambhir was found guilty under Level 2 offence, he is entitled to a fine of between 50 and 100 per cent of match fee or a maximum ban of one Test match or two One-Day International. However, for a Level 2 offence, a player has the right to appeal against an adjudicator's decision within 24 hours of notification of that decision.
Even if GG is banned for a 1 test, he can play in Nagpur if BCCI appeals, which I pretty sure it will do. I think GG will get a suspended sentence of 1 test ban. He can still play, if he is clean, his sentence will be suspeded till the next offense.