BREAKING NEWS - Gambhir banned for 1 test

Guest HariSampath

Nothing to worry folks..Gambhir WILL PLAY in Nagpur. Already there has been a "behind the scenes" compromise. The deal was in order to aussage the Aussie team, Gambhir would have to plead 'guilty"...would be handed a ban for 1 test so that ICC can appear tough enough. Later tomorrow BCCI will "appeal", saying that Gambhir was under dire provocation. BCCI will show the video evidence that Watson was in fact not only abusing Gambhir, but also raised a hand before Gambhir completed the first run, and when Gambhir turned for 2nd run, he was worried he might be obstructed and be run out. This will be accepted as there is strong video evidence of the same; ICC will give a "suspended" ban, or postpone the matter to after the test series, and Gambhir will play afterall. And remember ....BCCI never does any arm twisting tactics...in case any of you might be wondering if we are using our money power ;-)

That will mean another row between the cricket boards but this time around ACB not budging much given their team has been thrashed around. ACB will cry foul forever forgetting Johnson did exactly what Gambhir in the last game. There Johnson nudged Harbhajan around but that was not reported. I'm not too upset about the ban handed to Gambhir but the inconsistency in ruling is what bugs me. How often does this happen in world cricket?

That will mean another row between the cricket boards but this time around ACB not budging much given their team has been thrashed around. ACB will cry foul forever forgetting Johnson did exactly what Gambhir in the last game. There Johnson nudged Harbhajan around but that was not reported. I'm not too upset about the ban handed to Gambhir but the inconsistency in ruling is what bugs me. How often does this happen in world cricket?
I am surprised with your reaction.When racists rule the ICC panel and big wigs like LALIT licks Aussies shoes ,it is not a surprise.Shame on BCCI and the boot lickers.:banghead:
Guest HariSampath

Agreed that cricket is not a contact sport, but its not as if Gambhir went out of his way and hit watson. Gambhir was just running his run, when Watson stood in the way, raised his hand and also abused Gambhir...so when he turned around for the second run, Watson was STILL standing there...what was he doing there ?? He was physically intimidating as well as trying to get Gambhir run around him TWO times...thats a huge difference when it comes to a runout, so Gambhir just held his own line, and what if his elbow jutted around a bit and bumped into Watson ?...happens all the time and batters carry their bat in their hands in such a way, it becomes unavoidable...heck I dont even think GG should have pleaded guilty, because he is NOT guilty. Ian Chappell clearly said " If a fielder is obstructing me, that means he is trying to take my wicket away, so better expect these things from me, because I would be protecting my wicket"...Fair enough, and clear enough.

I'm not too upset about the ban handed to Gambhir but the inconsistency in ruling is what bugs me.
Ravi, Harbhajan didn't make a big hullabaloo about being prodded by Johnson while on the pitch...that is why it was not reported. Just a few parting words and on with the game. Contrast this to Watson bleating to the umpires about a feathered elbow into his broad chest and how they should watch it on the replay. Hence, Gambhir got stitched up with the laws and got a booking with Mr Broad Minded. I am afraid that the Australian ethos of not dobbing does not appear to be evident in this team.