BREAKING NEWS - Gambhir banned for 1 test

No doubt IMO threw an elbow and barged in to Watson on purpose. Match referee is going to have him for this. Can't do that I am afraid Also had massive confontation with Katich with both players throwing abuse at each other. Both will get done for that. These two incidents combined will mean the match referee is going to throw the book at him. IMO will be lucky not to get a 1 match ban for the elbow in particular.

I can't see Gambhir being disclipined. Did anyone see Mitchell Johnson tackling Bhajji in the 2nd test? Bhajji was waiting for the throw to come at the non strikers end and had his back to Johnson who was running in for a single. Johnson straight plowed into Harbhajan and nearly tackling him to the ground. If Johnson isn't called up for that then there's no way Broad (who was refeering that match as well) can call Gambhir when he's already said it wasn't deliberate.

Gambhir just can't banned like that. There's a procedure in place by the ICC where you have to have been disciplined before to go onto a higher breach of conduct to be banned. As far as I know Gambhir hasn't been disciplined before or at least for a long time so there's no way he's going to skip a level breach and just be banned without being fined first. But I still maintain that if Johnson can plow into the back of Bhajji one test ago when Broad was the referee then it would be hypocritical to discipline Gambhir when it would appear it could have been accidental.

It looked deliberate. That said, Watson was being a mouthy idiot, so punishment so be dealt out to both sides. The Aussies look so silly at times with their fake "aggression" and constant chatter in between deliveries. Judging by what happened to Zaheer in the last test, i am guessing GG won't be getting a match fee at all and wouldn't be surprised if he had to serve a ban. The Afridi thing was different - no Aussies were involved, and it looked accidental (even though the maa bhen that ensued wasn't).

I've fallen in love with Gambhir. That guy has a lot of spunk, not afraid to have a word or two and more importantly, doesnt allow all the chatter to clog his mind. I think the its the group of next-gen players like Gambhir, Bhajji and Zak who are propelling the team forward with aggression and fire. This is such a refreshing change from the meek teams of the 90s and early 2000s.

I don't see anything wrong here at all. Watson was showing him the elbow as Gambhir was running for the 1st run. Then when Ganbhir turned and ran fro the 2nd he was look at the ball. Broad is an idiot and can't ban Gambhir for this. He has to take the mitigating circumstances into account (i.e. Watson behaving like a loud mouth Australian & shoving an elbow in Gambhir's face. Katich should be called by the referee. It seems to me that the loud mouthed Australians can't take what they are dishing out themselves. Crybabies.

This is ridiculous. Watson was deliberately provoking Gambhir with the elbow thrust out and according to the ICC that's impeding the bowlers running so it should be Watson that get's charged as well as Gambhir for doing something as stupid as sticking his elbow out in return.