Bhaji appreciation thread-We are missing him today

He gets abuse and name calling because of his backhanded tactics in trying to get to the Indian squad - read his recent interviews since he was chucked out for a sample. I don't have any issues in acknowledging that he was a very good spinner in his time and played his part in India winning many matches.
So thats it! He thinks he is number 1 spinner in india and you call that backhanded and so he needs abusing??? Thats odd proffesor. You sure you are not blinded by regionalisma and religion?:giggle:
And your proof he faked injury? Need proof not internet gossip from haters. Its like saying Gambhir faked injury on eng tour. IMO its all BS, people need to stay away from net if they think proven warriors for india will fake injury. p.s in interviews he has high praise for ashwin and oijha. What specifics on interview nits to create such reaction
I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time a similar thing happened in Nagpur in 2004, but his getting "injured" after getting smashed in England and then recovering in time to play the Champions League doesn't get the benefit of doubt. Obviously there can't be any concrete "proof" in such circumstances, so one just needs to make a judgment call based on the entire circumstances.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time a similar thing happened in Nagpur in 2004' date=' but his getting "injured" after getting smashed in England and then recovering in time to play the Champions League doesn't get the benefit of doubt. Obviously there can't be any concrete "proof" in such circumstances, so one just needs to make a judgment call based on the entire circumstances.[/quote'] Didnt Gambhir also recover in time for champs league after injury in england. Why no accusations against hiom? Also people do get injuries and recover. Some injuries put you out for 1 to 10 days and then you are ok. Not exactly amazing he got injury and then recovered a week or 2 later, happens all the time in sport, why the ridiculous stories in concern to bhaji.
Didnt Gambhir also recover in time for champs league after injury in england. Why no accusations against hiom? Also people do get injuries and recover. Some injuries put you out for 1 to 10 days and then you are ok. Not exactly amazing he got injury and then recovered a week or 2 later, happens all the time in sport, why the ridiculous stories in concern to bhaji.
Gambhir got hit and it was there for everyone to see. Darty claimed to have got some "side strain". Committed cricketers have been known to play through worse injuries. Kumble bowled with a strapped up, broken jaw. Of course, there is no proof but it's my opinion that he faked the injury or at least magnified it's actual effect to avoid being b.itchslapped in England.

Harbhajan has been far too inconsistent to be termed as a great bowler.If playing for your country for 10-12 years is the sole criteria of terming him a great,then its okay.Though one can argue his continuous selection even after mediocre performances in recent years. For past 5 or so years,I cant remember any phase where he had the consistent performances ala Swann of 2009-10 or Chuckmal of now.His performances(in both the formats) in last 5 years have been generally mediocre,not expected from a spinner who is termed a "great" by some. He has been a very good (not a great) spinner for us who has won us matches but generally been pretty inconsistent throughout his career barring few early years.It took selectors far too long to drop him for good and to be honest I dont see him coming back into the team anytime soon.

Bhajji was unfortunate that he didn't got much support from his captain cum wicketkeeper during the later stages of his career and hence struggled to take wickets. He was only relying on getting the wicket by LBW or bowled. Many chance off his bowling were missed by the WK and closein fielders. I agree he was struggling with his bowling line and lack of spin. But he still has few potent weapons up his sleeves. I'll never forget how he got the crucial wicket of a dangerous Umar Akmal in Mohali (WC 2011 Semifinal). It was crucial blow and he got it through a sharp straight delivery. He has been a great contributor to Indian cricket. Not good to hit him below the belt, when he's down... I hope he does well and make a comeback...

Bhajji was unfortunate that he didn't got much support from his captain cum wicketkeeper during the later stages of his career and hence struggled to take wickets. He was only relying on getting the wicket by LBW or bowled. Many chance off his bowling were missed by the WK and closein fielders. I agree he was struggling with his bowling line and lack of spin. But he still has few potent weapons up his sleeves. I'll never forget how he got the crucial wicket of a dangerous Umar Akmal in Mohali (WC 2011 Semifinal). It was crucial blow and he got it through a sharp straight delivery. He has been a great contributor to Indian cricket. Not good to hit him below the belt, when he's down... I hope he does well and make a comeback...
What a pathetic excuse.Ya Dhoni Laxman and Dravid cant catch for 5 years that how Kumble took all these years at the same side or Ashwin and Ohja took more than30 wkts in this series :facepalm:

Totally agree with Outsider!! Bhajji has always used his 'media skills' to stay in limelight... He was was always a below average spinner in Tests and a good one in T20s n Odis but for a population of billion, being good is not enough. N don't blame Outsider for stating the truth..Outsider is totally right wen he mentioned North Indians in general support Bhajji for regional n religional purposes. Ashwin is just a class spinner(and dare I say a future legend/captain) n KT there is no shame in admitting that he is way better than Bhajji!!

For the first 6 years of his career he was very good/brilliant. Nov 1998 - Nov 2005 Matches 47 Runs 5793 Wickets 205 Average 28.25 For the 2nd half of his career he has been poor/utter shiiit (Nov 2005-Nov 2011) Nov 2005 - Nov 2011 Matches 51 Runs 7291 Wickets 201 Average 36.27 The selectors have taken far too long to drop him, thank god they have now realized he is a shadow of the bowler he was in the first half of his career. He has been mentally destroyed by most batsman over the last 6 years and he just hasn't got the character/toughness to comeback. Instead he has gone into his shell and become a extremely negative bowler who has lost the fearlessness he had early in his career, and now is a paranoid tactician who knows his ability cant get him back into the team, only his political relations can.

Totally agree with Outsider!! Bhajji has always used his 'media skills' to stay in limelight... He was was always a below average spinner in Tests and a good one in T20s n Odis but for a population of billion, being good is not enough. N don't blame Outsider for stating the truth..Outsider is totally right wen he mentioned North Indians in general support Bhajji for regional n relational purposes. Ashwin is just a class spinner(and dare I say a future legend/captain) n KT there is no shame in admitting that he is way better than Bhajji!!
I readily admit he is and so is oijha at the moment. I even started a thread in support of ashwin. Will ashwin be as good as bhaji in his hey day?? Doubt it. Don't think he will get 400 test wickets. Hope I am wrong though! The rubbish bit of the post is your north indian blah blah bit. The guy has 400 test wickets, that why he got support. I am also big backer of dravid and tendulkar and was of kumble. As were many he backed bhaji who is great servant to his country and does not deserve the levelof vitriol against him. Even outsider has posted he was a very good spinner and outsider despises him!

The argument that since he took 400 test wickets, he is great is blatantly wrong!! He was lucky to stay in the team over the last 5 years thanks to unflinching blind support from a captain and a very senior player. He stole a place that you should have belonged to a young spin bowler bowling his heart out in domestic cricket. Look at his statistics since 2006. Matches: 48 Wickets: 187 Average: 37.32 That is a disastrous return over a 5 year old period that just cannot be justified. The only reason he picked 400 wickets was because he is the luckiest cricketer on this planet. He was completely out-bowled by Yuvraj Singh in the recent World Cup and even South African spin bowlers displayed better ability on how to bowl on Indian wickets. In some of the test matches, Suresh Raina also looked to be bowling better than Harbhajan.

The argument that since he took 400 test wickets' date=' he is great is blatantly wrong!! He was lucky to stay in the team over the last 5 years thanks to unflinching blind support from a captain and a very senior player. He [b']stole a place that you should have belonged to a young spin bowler bowling his heart out in domestic cricket. Look at his statistics since 2006. Matches: 48 Wickets: 187 Average: 37.32 That is a disastrous return over a 5 year old period that just cannot be justified. The only reason he picked 400 wickets was because he is the luckiest cricketer on this planet. .
Yes Sir, A lucky son of a gun who has no business to be in the 400 club but for the extended run in the last 3 years where competition was supressed when he was selected in the XI by default. All off a sudden the 400 club looks so poor with Harbhajan in there.
In some of the test matches, Suresh Raina also looked to be bowling better than Harbhajan.
Actually if VS and Raina bowled as much as the Dartster they surely would have been more successful. Goes on to show what a dud this guy Harbhajan is.
He was completely out-bowled by Yuvraj Singh in the recent World Cup and even South African spin bowlers displayed better ability on how to bowl on Indian wickets.
Yes indeed.