Bhaji appreciation thread-We are missing him today

Am I the only one or the others feel the same too that HS lost the plot there in the 2nd session once Kallis started to reverse sweep him basically at the start of his innings reading him at the point of delivery and committing to the shot and HS had no plan 'B' as usual in Tests when someone poses a threat. He conceded 120 runs total after being 4 for 10 at one stage and the last 2 wickets were mere gifts when the two tailenders threw their bats at everything in the last over of the day to make it look better in the end tally. At 63 for 4, being the automatic choice spinner of the side for some strange reason in Tests HS just let the opposition off the hook on a pitch that had turn and bounce. To add to the woes ZK's injury and 120'k trundlers did not help the cause either. All and all a poor bowling effort by the team considering they let the opponent score 340 from 63 for 4 on a decent pitch for the bowlers. I do not think any of our bowlers deserve any love here especially HS for conceding 120 runs when runs are a premium on this pitch.

Am I the only one or the others feel the same too that HS lost the plot there in the 2nd session once Kallis started to reverse sweep him basically at the start of his innings reading him at the point of delivery and committing to the shot and HS had no plan 'B' as usual in Tests when someone poses a threat. He conceded 120 runs total after being 4 for 10 at one stage and the last 2 wickets were mere gifts when the two tailenders threw their bats at everything in the last over of the day to make it look better in the end tally. At 63 for 4, being the automatic choice spinner of the side for some strange reason in Tests HS just let the opposition off the hook on a pitch that had turn and bounce. To add to the woes ZK's injury and 120'k trundlers did not help the cause either. All and all a poor bowling effort by the team considering they let the opponent score 340 from 63 for 4 on a decent pitch for the bowlers. I do not think any of our bowlers deserve any love here especially HS for conceding 120 runs when runs are a premium on this pitch.
nice post i'm surprised more ppl havent mentioned harbhajan's bowling this is a guy who had a great wicket to bowl on, big rough patches to get spin out of, and he couldnt get the job done. he had no clue what to do once kallis started reverse sweeping him, and boucher was working him off to square leg for singles so easily. whats strange is how dhoni never blocked that single to square leg. instant pressure release for SA, thanks to both spinner and captain. sigh. i would like to have seen him bowl around the wicket a bit more, but i guess a little unorthodox thinking is too much to ask from this team...:nervous::nervous:
Singh has no plan B' date=' everybody knows that. You would have thought he would have learnt some tricks from Kumble but his bowling still lacks the nous and intelligence to outwit batsmen when the going gets tough.[/quote'] You cannot compare Bhajji to Kumble. Kumble is a light year ahead and to be frank we do not have talented spinners of that quality anymore. But Bhajji is still our best bet especially with his batting also coming in handy.
You cannot compare Bhajji to Kumble. Kumble is a light year ahead and to be frank we do not have talented spinners of that quality anymore.
Kumble is indeed in a different planet. He was a top grade bowler for India, something like what Zaheer Khan has been in the recent past. Bhajji bowled well, but ran out of ideas, and after the first 4 wickets, he got clueless when Kallis and then Prince and Boucher and rest of SA carried on. Good that he got the wickets eventually, but he could not dictate the game once his Plan-A started to go awry.