20/20 Mania Kills TEST Crowd

Rajiv

BCCI has money coming in from everywhere I hope they don't see that as fine and no need to worry that nobody turns up for the test matches Hopefully they change the rules for the England tour, this is pathetic. India used to have such great atmosphere for test matches, now its like watching a match in Pakistan, though im sure more people would turn up in Pakistan. It looks so poorly when the team is playing so well and there is nobody to support them. A lot of the times when the captain is speaking after the matches, he thanks the crowd for the support, who's he to thank this time. BCCI sort it out please

I think player the matches in smaller stadiums and sell the tickets on a day by day basis. With the financial crisis people are not going to miss work to come watch cricket.
Exactly BCCI didn't really think this move through People who have the money, probably have the money because they have a job and I doubt they can take 3 days off at a times (2 days weekend) And the people who are free, can't afford to pay for 5 days

Can't they digitally place people on the empty seats? And then have artificial sound in the background for cheers, boos and chants. I mean in today's high tech computer world anything is possible. Someone please come up with a software and give it to the BCCI for free. :--D

Can't they digitally place people on the empty seats? And then have artificial sound in the background for cheers, boos and chants. I mean in today's high tech computer world anything is possible. Someone please come up with a software and give it to the BCCI for free. :--D
..might as well put virtual players too then

Honestly the pitches for this test series has been disappointing. Even against Pakistan last year there were 2 drawn test matches among the three played. Unless the test matches are exciting why would people leave work and go watch a test match?

^ yes its stupid to force people to buy tickets for 5 days. I mean why cant they sell daily tickets for say 300 rather than selling a 5 day ticket for 1000 :hmmmm2:
please tell me this is not true? this is freaking BS strategy... if this is true, then I dont blame the crowd at all.. and dont blame 20/20 either since nagpur doesnt have a team in IPL.. its BCCI-BS business strategy..