Viru is the new vice-captain

SachDan

Thats good. I feel, at some atage in the coming 2-3 years, Dhoni might feel the heat being WK and CAptain and Viru stepping in as captain. If only Viru dint lose form during 2006-07 he would have been made the captain when Dravid resigned and not Mr. Dhoni. I seriously wonder how lucky this Dhoni can be. Everything falls into place for him so nicely.

Virender Sehwag has been appointed Dhoni's deputy in tests as well as ODI's.Yuvraj is relieved of vice captaincy in ODI's to concentrate on his batting!
Huh? I cant remember Yuvraj being out of form of anything, while being vice captain. If anything, his batting has flourished and blossomed after becoming the deputy. Are the selectors, as a whole, moving away from Yuvraj Singh? First, he was overlooked for the ODI captaincy when clearly, he was the seniormost guy in the team and now, he's even been stripped of the vice-captaincy. And add to that, he is now relegated far behind guys like Badri and Kaif for a spot in the test XI middle order. And chief selector Sreekkanth misses no chance to play up Rohit Sharma's name for a MO spot in tests. Not that any of that is actually wrong, but I just feel Yuvraj is being systematically sidelined. Something's fishy here. Bah, whats a Friday without a conspiracy theory!
Huh? I cant remember Yuvraj being out of form of anything, while being vice captain. If anything, his batting has flourished and blossomed after becoming the deputy. Are the selectors, as a whole, moving away from Yuvraj Singh? First, he was overlooked for the ODI captaincy when clearly, he was the seniormost guy in the team and now, he's even been stripped of the vice-captaincy. And add to that, he is now relegated far behind guys like Badri and Kaif for a spot in the test XI middle order. And chief selector Sreekkanth misses no chance to play up Rohit Sharma's name for a MO spot in tests. Not that any of that is actually wrong, but I just feel Yuvraj is being systematically sidelined. Something's fishy here. Bah, whats a Friday without a conspiracy theory!
I don't mean to nit-pick, but wasn't he made VC during the T20 World Cup ? He hasn't exactly been on fire since then, his batting certainly didn't flourish. He got it 'cos Sehwag wasn't a permanent fixture in the ODI side back then - remember, India opened with Ganguly and Tendulkar against AUS and PAK. Sehwag wasn't in the scheme of things. Things have changed now that Veeru has got his place back. Yuvraj Singh seems to be yesterday's news now but then again, he hasn't had his best season. People must remember that prior to the Aussie tour last year, he was India's best ODI batsman - throughout 2005/06 and 2006/07 he was scoring runs for fun. One average season shouldn't be that big of a deal in the selection process.
I don't mean to nit-pick, but wasn't he made VC during the T20 World Cup ? He hasn't exactly been on fire since then, his batting certainly didn't flourish. He got it 'cos Sehwag wasn't a permanent fixture in the ODI side back then - remember, India opened with Ganguly and Tendulkar against AUS and PAK. Sehwag wasn't in the scheme of things. Things have changed now that Veeru has got his place back. Yuvraj Singh seems to be yesterday's news now but then again, he hasn't had his best season. People must remember that prior to the Aussie tour last year, he was India's best ODI batsman - throughout 2005/06 and 2006/07 he was scoring runs for fun. One average season shouldn't be that big of a deal in the selection process.
O.K, I do accept his form 'dipped' after he was made Vice-captain, but I dont think they were because of on-field issues clogging his mind. Since he was Deputy in 2007, India has played 4 limited over Tournaments; The T20 WC, the ODIs against Pakistan, CB series in Aus and the ODI series in Lanka. He was the top scorer against Pakistan and even though he wasnt the top scorer, the whole world knows he was one of the main reasons why we won the T20 WC. He didnt do well against Aus and Lanka, but there were other reasons for that. Against Aus, his shamblic performance in the tests affected his ODI batting. And against Lanka, his travails can described in one word; Mendis. In fact, not many batsman scored lots of runs at all, in that series. So, no way was the 'pressure' of vice-captaincy affecting his batting. So, why would they strip him off that position?
So' date=' why would they strip him off that position?[/quote'] Sehwag. He is back for good, a permanent fixture in both sides, firing on all cylinders and is looked upon as better captaincy material when compared to Yuvraj Singh. If Dhoni were to get injured tomorrow (or skip a series :winky: ) he would be next in line. The scenario wasn't like this a year ago because Veeru wasn't in the team. I don't think they made this decision to ease pressure on Yuvraj
Sehwag. He is back for good' date=' a permanent fixture in both sides, firing on all cylinders and is looked upon as better captaincy material when compared to Yuvraj Singh. If Dhoni were to get injured tomorrow (or skip a series :winky: ) he would be next in line. The scenario wasn't like this a year ago because Veeru wasn't in the team. I don't think they made this decision to ease pressure on Yuvraj[/quote'] So far his avg is worse in these series hes about 37.8 mark in 7 innings
if this doesnt make yuvi quit his partying then nothing will. he needs to work on his fitness and batting big time, the partying doesnt help...at all
The partying doesn't help sure. But, thats what he likes to do. And he should be allowed that. Provided he doesn't compromise on his cricket. If he does, he'll be let go. Simple. I know you were saying the same thing, just thought I'll make it more clear.
The partying doesn't help sure. But, thats what he likes to do. And he should be allowed that. Provided he doesn't compromise on his cricket. If he does, he'll be let go. Simple. I know you were saying the same thing, just thought I'll make it more clear.
Thats the thing perhaps it is compromising his game. He's been around for 8 years now and still hasnt fully delivered on his early promise.
Thats the thing perhaps it is compromising his game. He's been around for 8 years now and still hasnt fully delivered on his early promise.
Maybe. Maybe not. How can we deny someone their happiness? If he really loves his cricket, he'll improve. Or fall by the wayside. There are many more to take his place. It's the same with Sreesanth. I'd have loved him to be a regular in our side. But, he has his own priorities, it seems. Or maybe, they both just need some guidance.