India's cricket tour to Pakistan likely to be called off

DomainK

Well, I wont be too sad if we're not going. Atleast we'll get more preparation time for NZ. THAT, for me, is our most important tour in a long time. If we win in NZ, that'll really send a strong message to everyone across the world that 'Beware, we have arrived'

India can play the series and minimize the overall record gap :winky: I'm sure there will be offers from UK to host this series as well. I suppose they can play in a neutral venue. We have seen Zimbabwe go down in shambles, don't want to see Pakistan going that way. We should be looking at improving cricket rather than oversee dwindling number of good quality test teams. At this point in time it is safe to say there are not more than 4-5 really good test teams around. That is not good for the sport. NZ, Zim, WI, Bangladesh and now Pakistan is struggling to put together a good consistent test team. This doesn't augur well for test cricket though. Hopefully WI will step up.

Now Javed Mia..whines. I think India should ask Javed Mia to influence Dawood to give up arms and surrender to India, after all they are relatives.. http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_may_scrap_cricket_tour_fears_Miandad/articleshow/3704786.cms --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- India may scrap cricket tour, fears Miandad 12 Nov 2008, 1614 hrs IST, PTI Print EMail Discuss Share Save Comment Text: KARACHI: Cancellation of the Indian junior hockey team's Pakistan tour is giving jitters to the cricket establishment here with former captains Javed Miandad and Rashid Latif fearing that M S Dhoni's men would also be asked to pull out of the Test and ODI series scheduled next year. Miandad didn't see any logic behind scrapping the hockey series on security grounds and went on to claim that though situation was no better on the other side of the Line of Control, Pakistani players were still playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and the Indian Cricket League (ICL). "It was not a wise decision because India and Pakistan must support each others in sports and other areas," Miandad said. "Security situation in Indian is also not very good. But despite this our players are playing in ICL and IPL. So it was imperative that Indians keep up the sporting exchanges with Pakistan," Miandad said. "While Pakistan is thinking positively for India, what message Indians are sending around the world by cancelling their hockey team's tour to Pakistan? "The participation of our players in ICL and IPL is not mandatory but they are honoring their commitments," Miandad said. Pakistan's volatile atmosphere has prompted most teams to shun the strife-torn country, leaving little international cricket. Former captain Rashid Latif said Pakistan badly needed international cricket and India's tour would be a huge boost to the trouble-torn country's image. "It's important for Asian cricket that the Indian Government grant permission to their cricketers to play and support Pakistan cricket," Latif said. "(MS) Dhoni's team played here on July in Asia Cup and there were no security worries. Pakistan Government provided best security to Indians and it will be the same again," he said. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- How does Pak players playing in IPL and ICL justify the fact that India/BCCI should risk sending it's players to this terrorist country? Pak players are on their own free will and are playing here for more moolah. I don';t think ICL and IPL is holding a gun to PCB and forcing it's players to play in India. If you are so afraid to play in India, don't play. Nobody wants you here.

Miandad didn't see any logic behind scrapping the hockey series on security grounds and went on to claim that though situation was no better on the other side of the Line of Control' date=' Pakistani players were still playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL) and the Indian Cricket League (ICL). [/quote'] CNN IBN says that in the last one year there have been, on an average, two bombings per day in Pakistan and Miadad says that its the same situation in India?
CNN IBN says that in the last one year there have been' date= on an average, two bombings per day in Pakistan and Miadad says that its the same situation in India?
i would like to know the source of that? that's complete bull........no one can deny that security situation in pak is messed up, but 2 bombings per day? that's adding 'indian' touch to the story.

You know? Screw it. Forget about the tour altogether instead of hosting it in AD or Dubai. What's to gain from playing in stadiums with completely flat pitches and short boundaries? It's bad enough our bowlers have to live to these horrible conditions at home, the last thing they need is to play another series after England where batsmen rule the day.