What Ishant needs to work on?

bunny

Ishant v right-handers 217 (runs) 420 (Balls) 12 (wickets) 18.08 (Avg) Ishant v left-handers 170 (runs) 416 (Balls) 3 (wickets) 56.6 (Avg) The stats (from cricinfo) say it all. I were BCCI, I'd try to orgainize a 2-3 days meeting between Ishant, McGrath and Gary. (McGrath was a master at getting lhb bowled and caught behind).

that is a surprising stat.ishant's stock ball is the one which comes into the right hander and away from the lefty-he should be more successful against lefties than the stat suggests.
He needs to start pitching it on leg and cut it sharply to off. (Right now the ball just angles across and the batsmen can leave those easily).

And he also needs to develop that ball that comes back in to the left hander. From his angle , if he can develop a ball that comes in to the leftie then he'll take plenty more wickets. He does have it ... Ive seen it (Ponting in Perth and at times during the CB series) but he just needs to improve on it.

I havent seen him come around the wicket to left handers. Thats why, guys like Katich got good starts. I'm sure he'll work on that and get more wickets. Now, the main challenge for him is to get Cook and Strauss out. And round the wicket could help when bowling against Pietersen too.

I haven't seen him go around the wicket to left handers...that may be an option.
yeah thats what i do... pitch it in line with off and either angle it into the batsman with a square leg and a mid wicket, or angle it away marginally and or simply straighten it to move along off. i cant angle it away very well but i can move it into the batsman. as a result i have had remarkable success against left handers! now that might also be due to the limitations of the batsman, but it works nonetheless!
yeah thats what i do... pitch it in line with off and either angle it into the batsman with a square leg and a mid wicket' date=' or angle it away marginally and or simply straighten it to move along off. i cant angle it away very well but i can move it into the batsman. as a result i have had remarkable success against left handers! now that might also be due to the limitations of the batsman, but it works nonetheless![/quote'] why dont u coach ishant?:winky:but i think u r rite.he can be unplayable with that.