Yusuf Pathan... The REAL Pathan!!!

rahulrulezz

He's going to have a huge say in our T20 WC journey. I was a bit apprehensive about how he will fare in South African pitches. But what we are witnessing atm is absolute quality. May not be that adequate to tackle short pitch stuff..still he's making plenty of runs and winning matches for his team. That's wat matters the most !! Really this guy is tailor-made for shorter version of cricket !

Guest gaurav_indian
I love how 1 year ago many people here were like lets get young guys in the team , lets get young guys in the team ... groom youngsters ... groom youngsters. 1 year later, we have youngsters like Rohit Sharma who have obvious talent, and we start looking at their stats. LOL. He is only 21 years old and has only played international cricket for a year. Give the guy time , he is a future talent.
I agree with you.Those who say Rohit Sharma is a cr@p player please dont follow cricket.Kabaddi is your sport.Give him sometime.

His biggest strength when hitting against spinners is that he does not leave the crease. That automatically increases his survival chances by half, compared to other batsman, who prefer to come down the track to spinners. He struggled big time against the pace of Nannes though, which does raise question marks about his long-term effectiveness in ODIs, where teams may use quick bowlers and short pitched bowling as a tactic against him.

His biggest strength when hitting against spinners is that he does not leave the crease. That automatically increases his survival chances by half, compared to other batsman, who prefer to come down the track to spinners. He struggled big time against the pace of Nannes though, which does raise question marks about his long-term effectiveness in ODIs, where teams may use quick bowlers and short pitched bowling as a tactic against him.
are u joking... he made 9 runs of 6 balls from Nanness...just coz he got hit once by a bouncer that doesnt he cant play pace.... unlike others, he is willing to play hook than ducking the bouncers.....and not to forget, he smacked Indias so called fastest bowler, Nehra, to 19 runs in an over....and who can forget his onslaught against Malinga inside Srilanka.. last IPL he smacked all the fast bowlers to every corner of the ground...

Guest gaurav_indian
are u joking... he made 9 runs of 6 balls from Nanness...just coz he got hit once by a bouncer that doesnt he cant play pace.... unlike others' date=' he is willing to play hook than ducking the bouncers.....and not to forget, he smacked Indias so called fastest bowler, Nehra, to 19 runs in an over....and who can forget his onslaught against Malinga inside Srilanka.. last IPL he smacked all the fast bowlers to every corner of the ground...[/quote'] rehne de bhai he will come with "Pathan is a FTB". Tell me who isnt a FTB in cricket?Even Ponting will struggle on bowler friendly conditions.Today its a question of who is a better FTB.:finger:

People like Badrinath' date=' Kaif and Uthappa are more deserving of a place.[/quote'] Badrinath is a pure joker -- way too inconsistent even at the domestic level. I have no idea what people see in him. I hope he never makes it to the team. Kaif is a goner anyways . Uthappa -- well i dont even want to see him play for Karnataka -- let alone India.

and talking of rohit sharma, after 2 years he wont be seen even in domestic cricket. i cant understand how come ppl say rohit sharma is the next big thing. even ishant sharma & munaf patel can bat better than him

are u joking... he made 9 runs of 6 balls from Nanness...just coz he got hit once by a bouncer that doesnt he cant play pace.... unlike others' date=' he is willing to play hook than ducking the bouncers.....and not to forget, he smacked Indias so called fastest bowler, Nehra, to 19 runs in an over....and who can forget his onslaught against Malinga inside Srilanka.. last IPL he smacked all the fast bowlers to every corner of the ground...[/quote'] Dont go by numbers, if you remember the field was set inside the 30th yard circle to stop the single, when Pathan hit a four of Nannes. He did struggle against Nannes but no one is taking anythin away from him. It will be interesting to see how he handles when right arm bowlers go around the wicket and bowl some short pitched stuff. I thot he will struggle in SA but boy he has done really well. Malinga is not the same bowler now, and I dont expect him to be smacked very easily.

and talking of rohit sharma' date=' after 2 years he wont be seen even in domestic cricket. i cant understand how come ppl say rohit sharma is the next big thing. even ishant sharma & munaf patel can bat better than him[/quote'] Let it rest @m!t$... tell us abt ur love life how is it going?

it was Nannes' awkward action that he did not pick initially.

Dont go by numbers, if you remember the field was set inside the 30th yard circle to stop the single, when Pathan hit a four of Nannes. He did struggle against Nannes but no one is taking anythin away from him. It will be interesting to see how he handles when right arm bowlers go around the wicket and bowl some short pitched stuff. I thot he will struggle in SA but boy he has done really well. Malinga is not the same bowler now, and I dont expect him to be smacked very easily.
correct! YP is not as strong against pace as spin, even in the match the pathan brothers won for india, irfan did the hitting(CLEAN hitting) against the pace attack and yusuf toiled with the spinners. He is still not comfortable with pace, its evident to anybody who has followed him closely. Also, captains tend to bring on spinners against him because he easily succumbs to spinners because of the high amount of risk he takes. He is just like Afridi, but more level headed. That is the reason why is is not a greater sensation in ODIs or T20 for India.

Dont go by numbers' date=' if you remember the field was set inside the 30th yard circle to stop the single, when Pathan hit a four of Nannes. He did struggle against Nannes but no one is taking anythin away from him. It will be interesting to see how he handles[b'] when right arm bowlers go around the wicket and bowl some short pitched stuff. I thot he will struggle in SA but boy he has done really well. Malinga is not the same bowler now, and I dont expect him to be smacked very easily.
First did u see the sixes of Pathan hit off Nehra... all those 3 sixes were smacked on short pitched/bouncers deliveries....and plz dont tell me that the since Nehra is a lefti so its easy to hit a short pitched/bouncer from Left handed bowler... and regarding Malinga, whom are you kidding man... that T20 was played not even 2 months ago.. so Malinga now all of a sudden has turned into some Rohit with Jadooo's Shakti from Koi Mil Gaya?? Fact is Yousuf ia genuine matchwinner and Thats it !!

First did u see the sixes of Pathan hit off Nehra... all those 3 sixes were smacked on short pitched/bouncers deliveries....and plz dont tell me that the since Nehra is a lefti so its easy to hit a short pitched/bouncer from Left handed bowler... and regarding Malinga, whom are you kidding man... that T20 was played not even 2 months ago.. so Malinga now all of a sudden has turned into some Rohit with Jadooo's Shakti from Koi Mil Gaya?? Fact is Yousuf ia genuine matchwinner and Thats it !!
he will win you dead matches - not WC matches or series deciders!

If you say Nehra has got a good bouncer then well, I cant argue with you. As far as Malinga is concerned, I hope you are watchin MI play, if you say that he bowls the same way as he did in the T20 against us, then no comments again. No one is disagreeing with the FACT that Yusuf is a match winner, I said that he doesnt look all that comfortable with short pitched stuff.