RP Singh needs to be out of the squad after 3rd ODI

fineleg

Green pitches for ODIs in India indeed :hysterical: Like what we had at Rajkot and Indore called for "RPS"
Yes. You want to go in with only 2 pacers? I dont think we've gone into a game with only 2 pacers in the last year, atleast. Think about it. Look at the amount of spinners we'll have Yusuf Bhajji Yuvraj Sehwag Sachin and then one more. All of these are more than part timers, or atleast GOOD part-timers. If we need a spinner, we have a rich assortment, why would we go in with 2 pacers. Take 3 pacers, even if you dont use all of them.

I respect RP Singh as a swing bowler but International matches are not the place to come back into form. On these conditions you need fast bowlers to be accurate more than anything else and we saw this in Khan and Patel who were very economical in the power plays but RP Singh doesn't look accurate and that was one thing I admired about him in the Asia Cup. Plus, he doesn't hit the deck hard which makes it easier for good hitters to put his deliveries away.

I respect RP Singh as a swing bowler but International matches are not the place to come back into form.
precisely!!! this is not a practice match!
On these conditions you need fast bowlers to be accurate more than anything else and we saw this in Khan and Patel who were very economical in the power plays but RP Singh doesn't look accurate and that was one thing I admired about him in the Asia Cup. Plus, he doesn't hit the deck hard which makes it easier for good hitters to put his deliveries away.
basically rps is spraying the ball around

When RPS was selected I had started a thread on how on earth RPS got ahead of PK. Then people said that bowlers are being rotated. But, that doesn't make sense. PK was our best ODI bowler in a couple of series and suddenly we are selecting RP ahead of him...Nonsensical selection policies.

RP Singh was one bowler who always gave the break through. he was averaging more than 2 wickets for some time. he was an out and out strike bowler.he was bowling at 145k. but of late he has lost the plot. it could be injuries which curtailed the speed. but how can any one justify bowling so many 4 balls? down the leg side, short and wide? he is generally spraying the ball. he is not in the best position to justify his place in the XI. he has to go back to the drawing board.

yuvraj's performance with the ball today showed today what ojha can do. dunno why they r not picking him.they should pick him for next odi,come what may.i dont want this BS that we cant play with two seamers. rp singh is doing jack anyway.if ishant is fit ,him or ojha should replace rp singh.i would play both actually n rest zaheer

yuvraj's performance with the ball today showed today what ojha can do. dunno why they r not picking him.they should pick him for next odi' date='come what may.i dont want this BS that we cant play with two seamers. rp singh is doing jack anyway.if ishant is fit ,him or ojha should replace rp singh.i would play both actually n rest zaheer[/quote'] agree with u 100% on Ojha's inclusion and Zak's rest. in fact Ishant too needs rest, no need to get him in for these games. other tyros can be tried out.

RP's such a good bowler, pity he doesn't get enough match practice and doesn't get to play test matches anymore. I don't reckon he's going to get to play any test matches in the near future now that Munaf's also in good bowling form. It's a good situation to be in for Dhoni but RP needs few games to really prosper.

RP's such a good bowler' date=' pity he doesn't get enough match practice and doesn't get to play test matches anymore. I don't reckon he's going to get to play any test matches in the near future now that Munaf's also in good bowling form. It's a good situation to be in for Dhoni but RP needs few games to really prosper.[/quote'] I agree ravi. I was harsh when I said he needs to be out of the squad. However, one thing I'd still say is - Include RPS in domestic matches, A-tours etc. Keep him active. Let him get match fit and match practice. He is being wasted "on the bench" and he is getting rusty. As a result, when you play him in Intl match, he is shocking.

He has been struggling ever since he got injured in Australia. He struggled in the IPL , he struggled in the Asia Cup, he is struggling here. Also, now, his seam position is not great anymore. Remember how good it was in Australia? I suggest he go back and work on it with Prasad. In the mean time though Praveen Kumar or Ishant Sharma should be taking his place in the squad.

Before anyone complains' date=' I wish to point out I DID NOT move this joke to Cricket Talk.[/quote']
Kthxbai
:cantstop::cantstop: :two_thumbs_up: OK, now I'll go offtopic: RPS needs to be persisted for the whole series. PK can come in later for Zak. But, Munaf and RPS must play all games. They need as many matches as they can get. And cmon! if not against Eng, then who?