Indian XI For the Next Little While

Cricketics

WHY ' date=' for god's sake ??? Even today he is one of the world's best batters, and if he reduces his ODIs to maybe 10 per year, he can play ( hopefully) till wc 2011, subject to form/fitness. In fact is it not a publicly stated ambition of his ? to win a world cup for India. Sachin can play , taking it season by season, playing 50% of ODIs each year, and also cutting down for 25% of tests, and IF he keeps performing and delivering , he can play till 2 seasons more .....and hopefully 3 seasons too.[/quote'] BECAUSE he can then give it his all in test cricket
TALL ORDER ! He would play at best 50 out of these 84 ODIs you mentioned.If he decides to have a go at all these ODIs we might see him play atleast 10 tests short and don't wana that happen.In the shorter version SRT is untouchable for any batsmen.Its in tests we want him to pile up more runs and make sure that no Pwnting or Kallis reach that record.
Definitely, although it seems with his comments that Punter has become crazy and needs councelling. Kallis, nah...i dont think he'll pass SRT.
Guest HariSampath
ODIs to Come in 2008: 4 ODIs to come in 2009: 20+ ODIs to come in 2010: 30+ (including masala ODI tourneys) ODIs to come in 2011 including WC: 30+ So atleast 84 ODIs to come for Tendulkar, and after WC 2011 he will most likely retire. He needs another 3639 runs. Let's say he plays all of them, he needs to average 43. If he plays 60, he needs to average 60. Wouldn't put it past him. If anyone can do it it's Tendulkar.
fat chances.....even 50 ODIs are a tad too much...just see his rate of playing, and to average 65 over 40-50 odi....even his most optimistic fan wouldnt predict. I would be happy if he cuts down to 10 odi per year, average 45 in them and most importantly keep his wc 2011 hopes alive
fat chances.....even 50 ODIs are a tad too much...just see his rate of playing' date=' and to average 65 over 40-50 odi....[b']even his most optimistic fan wouldnt predict. I would be happy if he cuts down to 10 odi per year, average 45 in them and most importantly keep his wc 2011 hopes alive
:roll:
^ Yes, on Indian pitches, it is scary lineup. not too bad either for Away series, but maybe some experience is lacking for that.
Sorry if I'm offensive in my comments but do you ever look at anything optimistically. Or do you just want to offer the "other" opinion all the time to make sure we see the full picture? Seriously though - never have seen you say anything optimistic.
Sorry if I'm offensive in my comments but do you ever look at anything optimistically. Or do you just want to offer the "other" opinion all the time to make sure we see the full picture? Seriously though - never have seen you say anything optimistic.
:--D:--D:--D
that's actually the closest thing you'll get to positive from fineleg..she's in a good mood!