Indian XI For the Next Little While

Cricketics

who should be the openers and where should Tendulkar bat if you don't want to see him as opener???? i would want Sehwag and Tendulkar to open. and Gambhir at 3. not that i don't like Gamb-Sehwag pair. itz just that its been a while since i saw Sachin opened the innings for India. should be fun to see it again.

Sachin at home in ODIs will be quit an oddity. He's probably the only non-power player in the team. All other batsman, starting from Viru, GG, Raina, UV, Rohit, MSD to Pathan are never shy of clearing their front leg and slogging the ball. Sachin is probably the only old school batsman in the team, but by jove, what a fine player he is. At the OP; If Sachin comes in, it must Viru and Sach to open, with GG at no.3. Worked quite well for us in the CB series.

who should be the openers and where should Tendulkar bat if you don't want to see him as opener???? i would want Sehwag and Tendulkar to open. and Gambhir at 3. not that i don't like Gamb-Sehwag pair. itz just that its been a while since i saw Sachin opened the innings for India. should be fun to see it again.
Thats the best option...i agree and sachin-shewag combination worked well in some CB series matches...so i think gambhir at 3 is best

I dont think Sachin will come back if India wins the next match too and take a comfortable 3-0 lead. Srikkanth & Co would like to give more opportunities to deserving youngsters like Kohli,Badri,Vijay rather than getting sachin in. SRT deserves some more rest. he does not have to prove anything to any one.the new boys shud get an extended run and get used to pressure situation at home so that they handle themselves better when v go to pak or other tours.

I personally feel Sachin should give up ODI cricket and concentrate on his test career. I don't see him playing till 2011 World Cup, and frankly India doesn't miss him in ODIs (lets be honest, most of the ODIs are quite meaningless). He has acheived pretty much everything in ODIs (bar winning a WC). Sachin is not as fit as before,, and one slightly prolonged stretch of bad form (even in ODIs),, and everybody will be on his back for retirement. I'd like him to concentrate and enjoy his test cricket for as long as possible, and aim for 15,000 runs and 50 centuries.

I personally feel Sachin should give up ODI cricket and concentrate on his test career. I don't see him playing till 2011 World Cup, and frankly India doesn't miss him in ODIs (lets be honest, most of the ODIs are quite meaningless). He has acheived pretty much everything in ODIs (bar winning a WC). Sachin is not as fit as before,, and one slightly prolonged stretch of bad form (even in ODIs),, and everybody will be on his back for retirement. I'd like him to concentrate and enjoy his test cricket for as long as possible, and aim for 15,000 runs and 50 centuries.
dont think so,he still lends experience wen we tour abroad,remember cb series?we are not missing him bcoz we r playing at home. i think he should play test cricket but still play imp . odi tournaments like champions trophy or away series in nz,eng,aus or sa. if he keeps fit he has an outside chance of playing 2011 WC.
dont think so,he still lends experience wen we tour abroad,remember cb series?we are not missing him bcoz we r playing at home. i think he should play test cricket but still play imp . odi tournaments like champions trophy or away series in nz,eng,aus or sa. if he keeps fit he has an outside chance of playing 2011 WC.
Fair enough, but i hope his sponsors dont put too much pressure on him to score a few more hundreds in on dayers and there by risk injuries. certai nly one day cricket takes a lot of toll on players, and when u consider sachin with a history of so many fractures, he shud be kept wrapped in cotton wool and allowed to play one dayers only when absolutely necessary. i wish he wins WC 2011 for us.
i think differently.veeru-gambhir and veeru-sachin is a wash but sachin would make a better one down batsman then gambihr.
The question is not who will make a better no3 batsman. The question is what the best for the team. When you have the best opening batsman in the history of the game in your team, you open with him.