Bowling today....

Pretty bad bowling display towards the end...we should have wrapped up things under 120 after Bermuda were reduced to 110-8.Very worrying sign to see kumble not being able to take out even Berumda number 8 and 9....Agarkar did make amends later but was wayward overall.Not a good thing at all that the main bowlers could not wrap up things today against possibly the weakest side in the competition.

Re: Bowling today.... u cant forget that we had to bowl second on wickets where there is movement only in the morning..... wen we got a chance to bowl first, we packed windies for 85..... only gripe is, munaf is bowling much below his pace...

Re: Bowling today.... the bowling was pathetic other than Zaheer. And the captaincy worse. Aggy ball must hit bat or wicket or pad. People who want to survive will leave those balls which are a meter away from the wicket. Dravid Kumble is a spinner. minnows don't play spinners well especally of kuble's class. Why did u wait for so long to bring him on??? Also kumble is a leg spinner who cannot bowl from round the wicket. We have seen it all our lives. He is a liability against left handers who are not attempting to hit him out of the ground. Lefties hate offspinners. SAehwag would have been a better option once u had both lefties in the crease. all in all I though Drvaid's captaincy sucked bigtime. He is just a tetbook captain after all.

Re: Bowling today.... My biggest concern is how Zak and Aggie deal with pressure situations, especially Zak. I think he's a great bowler when he's on his game, he's got nice pace and can really produce some Jaffas, but he crumbles under pressure...he did in '03 Finals and he even started falling apart against bloody 17 year old Tamin Iqbal! So that's my biggest concern. Munaf is looking good but it would be nice to see him bowl with that accuracy consistenlty at 140s (kinda of like how Mortaza did)...

Re: Bowling today.... Yes. The bowling has bothered me a lot as well the captaincy. Bowling: I can't remember a single bouncer to these guys. C'mon you are allowed to bowl one per over. Why didn't they give couple to the last two batters? Captaincy: The fielding was all over the place. Two wickets to take and only 1 slip fielder in place. Rest of the fielders saving one. WTF? Also, i you main strike bowlers are NOT doing the job - try something different. Why didn't RD bring SRT on earlier or even Yuvraj or even try Ganguly (OF perhaps Ganguly couldn't bowl because of the back problem)? RD seems to captain by numbers - 2 over this person, 6 overs this person etc. We could have won by a huge margin yesterday but inept captaincy cost us. Unfortunately, RD is my favourite player. Ah, I give up man. When will India learn and give captaincy to the guy who can do the job not your best batter or bowler.

Re: Bowling today.... Munaf is quite a relaxed/lazy kind of character, we need to get rid of one these players (preferably Agarkar) and replace them with Sreesanth who consistently bowls in the 140's. Our bowling was much better in 2003, Nehra, Zaheer, Srinath and Harbhajan all bowled really well, and Agarkar didn't get a single match!

Re: Bowling today....

Dravid Kumble is a spinner. minnows don't play spinners well especally of kuble's class. Why did u wait for so long to bring him on??? Also kumble is a leg spinner who cannot bowl from round the wicket. We have seen it all our lives. He is a liability against left handers who are not attempting to hit him out of the ground. Lefties hate offspinners. SAehwag would have been a better option once u had both lefties in the crease
Bowling was bad vs Bermuda. Our bowlers were trying to take wickets on every delivery and thats where they were wrong, putting too much pressure on themseves. But what has happened to Agarkar? Why was he so so so bad even against this side? Wasn't this guy bowling superbly since last one year or so in ODIs? What has happened suddenly? And why was Dravid persisting with him? Why didn't we bring Sehwag or Sachin earlier? Had we bundled Bermuda out for 82 runs, we'd have topped the group in NRR.