Do you think MSD will select RD in playing 11 for Test-2?

fineleg

Do you think MSD will select RD in playing 11 for Test-2?  

1. 1.

• YES - RD will be in 11
    • NO - MSD will drop RD for Test-2
    • Cannot guess

unless he announces his retirement, i can't see him getting picked. it's not only his batting but also his fielding....and more importantly his body language. Everything has been awful. It is really sad to see him like this, but Team India > Rahul Dravid....

He probably will play though he doesn't deserve to. Yeh, I know how good a player he is and how much he has done for India and I appreciate all that, but he has been out of form for way too long now. His performances don't seem so bad because we've been winning recently, but if we were losing games, he already would have been dropped

If RD is not announcing retirement, then there must be something in his mind, may be he is still confident of a good comeback....Not selecting him by MSD will show outright insult for a respected person and gentleman like Rahul Dravid. Definately not a good scenario and no captain likes to be in such a situation.

Let me play devils advocate. Say Dravid retires after next match. next what? We have some Foreign tours lined up for next year -- South Africa or Australia perhaps. Imagine a Foreign Tour without DRAVID --- that should be the main concern.
In indian pitches, pujara all these kids can do something. But in Away tours, it will be quite difficult without experience. But maybe RD takes a break, and its good for a few months.

^^ Precisely....give him some break. may be selectors should ask Dravid to rest in Next match or other matches in India. But keep him in our list for Foreign tours. Most important HE IS STILL FIT. Just need a break and rework. He will be the same old RD performing on Foreign soils after that.

^^ Precisely....give him some break. may be selectors should ask Dravid to rest in Next match or other matches in India. But keep him in our list for Foreign tours. Most important HE IS STILL FIT. Just need a break and rework. He will be the same old RD performing on Foreign soils after that.
The worrying thing for me is the catches he is dropping at slip. He used to bag them with ease. Is this a sign coupled with his poor form that his eye sight has detirioted and reflexes diminished

^ oi king of the ring ... I think RD is going through a bad patch (a very long one though).. he should have gone back to first class cricket 6 months ago .. even now selectors should ask him to play in the domestic games.. I think he still has 1-2 years left in him and he can pass on valuable knowledge to the young lads ... Me thinks he needs a break from intl cricket

Doesnt matter. Dravid will be gone after this series, irrespective of whether he plays in the second test or not. I can almost bet my entire worth on him retiring, esp with us so close to winning this series now. In all probability, it will be a Saurav Ganguly type arrangement - " I know I wouldnt have played otherwise, but pick me in the team for the second test and I will retire after the match'

Let me play devils advocate. Say Dravid retires after next match. next what? We have some Foreign tours lined up for next year -- South Africa or Australia perhaps. Imagine a Foreign Tour without DRAVID --- that should be the main concern.
Te problem is with imagining a foreign tour which includes Dravid. Unless he performs magnificently in the next test match I would hope that he decides to gracefully retire. From: a once die hard fan of Dravid.