Tendulkar vs Lara - 4th inngz

Cricketics

First of all, thanks to Bossbhai for these stats i will just copy-paste what he sent me in the pm... SRT 1212 @ 36.72 3x100s 3x50s BCL 1440 @ 35.12 2x100s 5x50s both have played in 46 times in 4th inngs . Waugh's numbers are really sucky .. ------------------------------------------------------ Tendulkar Clearly ahead...

Stats don't say everything. For example, Sachin probably played most of that in India, a perpetual "graveyard for 4th innings". So it would be interesting to see what Sachin and Lara averaged in different countries. But then again, these 2 have played for nearly 2 decades and gone across the entire "getting runs in tests is hard", "great bowlers" period in the 1990's to "flat track", "dearth of gd bowlers" period in 2000s, so we would need to see across the years as well.

First of all, thanks to Bossbhai for these stats i will just copy-paste what he sent me in the pm... SRT 1212 @ 36.72 3x100s 3x50s BCL 1440 @ 35.12 2x100s 5x50s both have played in 46 times in 4th inngs . Waugh's numbers are really sucky .. ------------------------------------------------------ Tendulkar Clearly ahead...
sachin has a higher avg but lara has scored more runs in the same number of innings so i wouldnt exactly say sachin is Clearly ahead ; either way those are same great numbers

4th innings, from Starting of career to 2000 1 Jan , and then from 2000 1 Jan to present. Split them for all countries(playing against and in). I would also like to add team totals in 4th innings (just to see how everyone else fared in the 4th innings) too, but we have too many unknowns like quality of the other teammates. For Sachin, Lara, S Waugh, Dravid, Inzi and Ponting.

you cant use that for 4th innings because the 4th innings is usually not a complete innings and it ends the moment the target is acheived in a succesfull chase. So the guy who has featured in most succesfull chases of low scores will end up getting a better % of Runs
But it also speaks volumes about the innings if the circumstances are right. For example, in the chennai test against Pak, Sachin scored nearly 50% of the required runs and yet he is the one being blamed for not staying till the end.