Jason Krezja at Perth

Mr. Wicket

Was anyone else watching this? Ponting brought Krezja on early, and he's bowled really impressively in the half hour before lunch. He's really slowed his pace down, given the ball LOTS of air - got really good loop and dip with serious turn on occasions, almost bowling Amla once and getting a few miscues from the batsmen. He's looking like a really good bowler right now. Very impressed to see him, he seems to be bowling with a lot more aggression and confidence after that debut in India, and is looking far better than the trundler I'd seen a couple of times in the domestic Shield/ING games.

Yes, Ponting's a mediocre tactician. He has no idea how to set a field for a spinner, having never captained a spinner before. In the past Warne and MacGill would set their own fields, and even Hogg had the experience to pick and choose his field placings most of the time. Painful to see Krezja bowling in such a fine attacking manner with not even a silly point, just a few days after watching Harbhajan fire in darts on a pitch where he should have been bowling like Krazy right now and not make any use of the three men around the bat Dhoni offered him.

Harbhajan would have done wonders on this pitch. :)
Bull. He'd have fired in darts, full and outside off stump and shwetabh and I would have been cursing him with every breath. Sehwag outbowled him the last time we toured Australia. Veeru in fact did a wonderful job in Perth, claiming key wickets and producing some really memorable deliveries. Anyone remember his masterpiece to bowl Gilchrist around his legs?
Bull. He'd have fired in darts, full and outside off stump and shwetabh and I would have been cursing him with every breath. Sehwag outbowled him the last time we toured Australia. Veeru in fact did a wonderful job in Perth, claiming key wickets and producing some really memorable deliveries. Anyone remember his masterpiece to bowl Gilchrist around his legs?
That's the one I always think of whenever I think of Sehwag's bowling. It was an amazing delivery, that one.
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=134420 :winky:
Can't believe the master of sarcasm missed the sarcasm in his post. But coming to the point of Ponting/Krezja/Dhoni/Harbhajan........what we are witnessing is diametrically opposite to Chennai. Dhoni gave Harbhajan every possible chance to attack and the guy was firing darts and here Krezja is bowling lovely off breaks and Ponting has field set which would put Malik to shame.
Can't believe the master of sarcasm missed the sarcasm in his post. But coming to the point of Ponting/Krezja/Dhoni/Harbhajan........what we are witnessing is diametrically opposite to Chennai. Dhoni gave Harbhajan every possible chance to attack and the guy was firing darts and here Krezja is bowling lovely off breaks and Ponting has field set which would put Malik to shame.
Yet another proof of some long lost relationship of GWB and Punter
He's really slowed his pace down, given the ball LOTS of air - got really good loop and dip with serious turn on occasions, almost bowling Amla once and getting a few miscues from the batsmen. He's looking like a really good bowler right now. Very impressed to see him, he seems to be bowling with a lot more aggression and confidence after that debut in India, and is looking far better than the trundler I'd seen a couple of times in the domestic Shield/ING games.
You can put it down to Bedi's coaching.

Salil, i think he has gained a lot from the tour of India. didn't play enough but the warm up game and then the test match he he got lot of wickets has really done wonders for him. he had never bowled this well even in Aussie domestics, and then all of a sudden from no where he got this truck load of wickets in one game has really gotta to do something with Indian conditions which has now given him lot of confidence to bowl to any player