Harbhajan is now Officially Unbowlable

Mr. Wicket

That is simply idiotic. We've got one half decent spinner in Bhajji. We've got three or four fast bowlers who make bastmen look foolish and take bunches of wickets in helpful conditions. If anything we need to create pitches and conditions that help our fast bowlers. Not some tired, out of form, choking spinner.

Whenever grass is put on indian pitches, it lasts for how long? A few sessions at the most. And by then we have usually lost the toss and are shot out for about a 100 by the opposition pacemen. The team batting second has better conditions as it gets hotter and drier and easier to bat on. Harbhajan can win as matches at home, as can Mishra. Pitches should be work so spinners can have more of a say as the match goes on. It is actually ok for a pitch to be spin-friendly despite what the ICC might say...

Whenever grass is put on indian pitches, it lasts for how long? A few sessions at the most. And by then we have usually lost the toss and are shot out for about a 100 by the opposition pacemen. The team batting second has better conditions as it gets hotter and drier and easier to bat on. Harbhajan can win as matches at home, as can Mishra. Pitches should be work so spinners can have more of a say as the match goes on. It is actually ok for a pitch to be spin-friendly despite what the ICC might say...
Totally agree. Everyone goes nuts praising a swing seaming paradise like trent bridge and slamming pak technique. Produce a rank turner in Kolkata then they slam pitch and say its made for indians so not fair, without looking at the losing teams poor technique.
Guest Gunner
Bhajji may still be our best spinner (although with each passing series this point is going to be more and more debated) but its clear now that India's spinning stocks (which include Harbhajan) are nowhere near what we have been used to for the last eight decades of our Test macth era. This is probably a great opportunity for the powers that be in Indian cricket to realise that we should now shun the emphasis on spinners, stop relying on slow, low tracks that breed boring cricket and are a death-knell for budding fast bowlers and go all hof to bring in a new era of fast and hard tracks with bounce. It should have been done long time ago but we kept using "our strength lies in spin" argument to refuse to do anything and the consequences are there for all to see. By all =indications, our bowling strength is very poor and likely to get worse with Zaheer fast approaching his "use by" date and no great spinners in sight. The fabulous batsmen are going to leave us in the next 2-3 years at most and we might as well start planning for a different era. An era based on a better mix of bowling attack and let our domestic cricket be played on tracks that are hard and quick. Let at least one Test in a two/three test series and two in a four/five Test series be played on the more pace friendly tracks and move up from there. It can be done. We are approaching a crisis in our cricketing life as a nation and we can best use the crisis to build rather than shove our heads in the sand.
You are expecting the kind of foresight the German FA displayed in rebuilding their team post 2003. I am not sure that Indian authorities have that sort of vision. We might actually be about 100 years away from such profoundly intellectual governance. Sorry to be so blunt.

Harbhajan needs to be dropped maybe not permanently but definately for some time. What a bad performance from him. I am a big fan of him so maybe the break will do him good and he will get his shiyt back together. He has been a great performer for India but since last yr or so he has been given many chances but hasnt showed much improvement. so maybe bhajji needs a drop treatment. Discuss.

maybe not permanently but definately for some time. What a bad performance from him. I am a big fan of him so maybe the break will do him good and he will get his shiyt back together. He has been a great performer for India but since last yr or so he has been given many chances but hasnt showed much improvement. so maybe bhajji needs a drop treatment. Discuss.
Yes.
Bhajji 's been been a clear example of playing becoz there is no good enough back up' date='his performances have notbeen upto mark from quite a while now[/quote'] but even then he needs to be given a drop treatment. I personally dont think that bhajji is not good nuff. He has been a match winner for us many times. What I am suggesting that he be dropped so he knows his place is not secure and he has to perform and maybe then he will practise hard and try to improve.

In this playing 11, I think Gambhir, Sreesanth, Dravid will be retained. We need to give one more Test for Gambhir to find his form hopefully. He has been a great opener for us. Sreesanth - he was ok in patches, maybe given another match? Dravid - he did get a century in 1st Inn. Sehwag, Dravid were the only main scorers in 1st Inn (plus half century from bhajji is valuable) Raina - this is early times, so he will need to be given an extended run in Tests for sure. Bhajji - needs to be dropped, but given that Amit Mishra is iffy - not sure if they'll go ahead and drop bhajji? (Amit Mishra has not even had match practice - not even domestic 4 day - for a while now). Frankly, more than Bhajji or anyone else, I am very worried abt Gambhir who is so critical for strong opening partnership in this as well as South Africa series!. He is looking so devoid of confidence - we need to back Gambhir , give him chances, and somehow I hope he gets his confidence back. Pray!

In this playing 11, I think Gambhir, Sreesanth, Dravid will be retained. We need to give one more Test for Gambhir to find his form hopefully. He has been a great opener for us. Sreesanth - he was ok in patches, maybe given another match? Dravid - he did get a century in 1st Inn. Sehwag, Dravid were the only main scorers in 1st Inn (plus half century from bhajji is valuable) Raina - this is early times, so he will need to be given an extended run in Tests for sure. Bhajji - needs to be dropped, but given that Amit Mishra is iffy - not sure if they'll go ahead and drop bhajji? (Amit Mishra has not even had match practice - not even domestic 4 day - for a while now). Frankly, more than Bhajji or anyone else, I am very worried abt Gambhir who is so critical for strong opening partnership in this as well as South Africa series!. He is looking so devoid of confidence - we need to back Gambhir , give him chances, and somehow I hope he gets his confidence back. Pray!
Definately, Gambhir's form is worrisome but he is crucial to our test side and we need him right now. Dravid - Has been a great servant for Indian cricket. At most, I think sa series should be he last for him, He hasn't been doing that great but still better than any newbie that will replace him but after sa series, we need to start grooming one. Cant have all the greats drop together. Raina - I am not convinced if he is a test match player. But since he has been given a go. Let him play. But, if he doesnt perform in next 2-3 tests, it will be time for him to go. Just like yuvraj would only get 2-3 tests at most in one go. Bhajji - should be dropped afer this test or this series.
Raina - this is early times, so he will need to be given an extended run in Tests for sure. Frankly, more than Bhajji or anyone else, I am very worried abt Gambhir who is so critical for strong opening partnership in this as well as South Africa series!. He is looking so devoid of confidence - we need to back Gambhir , give him chances, and somehow I hope he gets his confidence back. Pray!
Yuvraj failed in one test,selectors replaced him with Raina. Raina failed now...can selectors replace him. Raina should replaced by Yuvraj.