cricinfo annual awards

Test Batting: Graeme Smith 108 v Australia : Chasing anything over 300 to win a test is easier said than done chasing over 400 against Aus in Aus is an amazing feat, Smith laid the foundation and SA achieved something every single team has been dreaming for the last 15yrs. Test bowling : Shakib Al Hasan 7 for 36 v NZ : for a limited bowler those are some great figures, yes hossain did the same against SA but thanks to this performance BD dominated the game till ofcourse Vettori rescued them. ODI batting Sachin Tendulkar 117 v Australia: doubt there is much of a dispute on this one. he came, he saw he conquered. ODI bowling Ajantha Mendis 6 for 13 v India: we were on cruise mode till we were hit by Mendis; this performance set the tone for SL series and he dominated us in both tests and ODIs.

test batting: G Smith 154* and 102 No comparison here. Both were amazing knocks. But winner is 102. He had never scored ton against Aussies and mind you he ws not fully fit, and even than choose to play test series. ODI Batting: Sachin 2nd Final ODI Bowling: Mendis Asia Cup Test Bowling: None

Test Batting: Graeme Smith 108 v Australia : Chasing anything over 300 to win a test is easier said than done chasing over 400 against Aus in Aus is an amazing feat, Smith laid the foundation and SA achieved something every single team has been dreaming for the last 15yrs. Test bowling : Shakib Al Hasan 7 for 36 v NZ : for a limited bowler those are some great figures, yes hossain did the same against SA but thanks to this performance BD dominated the game till ofcourse Vettori rescued them. ODI batting Sachin Tendulkar 117 v Australia: doubt there is much of a dispute on this one. he came, he saw he conquered. ODI bowling Ajantha Mendis 6 for 13 v India: we were on cruise mode till we were hit by Mendis; this performance set the tone for SL series and he dominated us in both tests and ODIs.
These selection should get the nods from ICC.

Cricinfo Award Winners Best Test Innings: Sehwag - 201* Best Test Bowling Performance - Steyn 5 - 67 Best ODI Innings - Jayasuriya 125 vs India Best ODI Bowling Performance - Mendis 6 -13 The readers' top fives Test Batting Sachin Tendulkar 103 v England, Chennai | Virender Sehwag 201 v Sri Lanka, Galle | JP Duminy 166 v Australia, Melbourne | Virender Sehwag 83 v England, Chennai | Graeme Smith 154 not out v England, Edgbaston Test Bowling Dale Steyn 5 for 57 v Australia, Melbourne | Ajantha Mendis 4 for 72 v India, Colombo | Shakib Al Hasan 7 for 36 v New Zealand, Chittagong | Harbhajan Singh 6 for 102 v Sri Lanka, Galle | Dale Steyn 6 for 72 v West Indies, Durban ODI Batting Sachin Tendulkar 117 not out v Australia, CB Series final, Sydney | Yuvraj Singh 138 not out v England, Rajkot | Sanath Jayasuriya 125 v India, Asia Cup final, Karachi | Shakib Al Hasan 108 v Pakistan, Multan | Salman Butt 129 retd hurt v India, Kitply Cup final, Mirpur ODI Bowling Ajantha Mendis 6 for 13 v India, Asia Cup final, Karachi | Ishant Sharma 4 for 38 v Australia, Melbourne | Praveen Kumar 4 for 46 v Australia, CB Series final, Brisbane | Mashrafe Mortaza 4 for 44 v New Zealand, Mirpur | Zaheer Khan 4 for 21 v Sri Lanka, Dambulla Statsguru Awards http://content-www.cricinfo.com/awards2008/content/story/386394.html

Murali, McGrath the toughest: Sehwag Virender Sehwag is known for his fearless approach and the opener underlined it again on Friday when he said he respected no bowler save Sri Lanka's spin wizard Muttiah Muralitharan and former Australian pacer Glenn McGrath. More... Murali, McGrath the toughest: Sehwag IANS Indo-Asian News Service New Delhi: Virender Sehwag is known for his fearless approach and the opener underlined it again on Friday when he said he respected no bowler save Sri Lanka's spin wizard Muttiah Muralitharan and former Australian pacer Glenn McGrath. "Glenn McGrath and Muttiah Muralitharan are the only two bowlers I find most difficult to tackle," said Sehwag at the Cricinfo Awards 2008 where he won the award for the 'Test Batting Performance' of the year. "I could not hit McGrath for a boundary whenever I wanted because he kept such tight line and length. Same is the case against Murali, you have to wait for a bad ball." Sehwag, who won the award for the unbeaten 201 against Sri Lanka last year, said he rates this innings at the Galle as his best so far. "I had scored two triple-centuries in my Test career but I rate my innings at the Galle the best," said Sehwag. "My triple centuries came on good wickets and against the opponents who were not playing at their best," he added. "But in Sri Lanka, I was able to carry my bat when the wickets were falling regularly. And set a record. I am not Sunil Gavaskar, who could stay at the wicket for a long period." Sehwag, who was dropped from the Test side in 2007, said that lean patch helped to bring the best out of him. "I was hurt when I was dropped. But I worked hard on my batting and fitness and made a comeback. I also worked on my batting stance. Our coach Gary Kirsten also helped me a lot to come back successfully." Sehwag was confident of India's good performance in New Zealand. "We will stay in the hunt for the number one spot. And if we win, then we will be crowned as the No 1 Test team. However, sustaining the top ranking would be the most challenging," he said

i always thought cricinfo provides some excellent, unbiased coverage where else will you see the amount of coverage that cricinfo provides?
It's the quality that's more important than quantity, and they probably try too hard to be unbiased, thus losing the plot all together.