Mendis is BAWed!!

zubinpepsi

I felt Kohli handled him exceptionally. At least some of the other guys had a chance to look at Mendis in the test series' date=' but Virat didnt even have that and yet didnt embarass himself like most batsman playing Mendis for the first time.[/quote'] I think most of the openers are doing well against it because they face 10-15 overs of pies/net bowling before they face the real deal of picking bowlers from the hand and the wicket. Also the semi-new ball doesnt spin or bite as much on most wickets. The middle order players have a tougher challenge. That being said, I really liked the composure that Kohli showed against two of the best spinners in his debut series. He has also shown in FC cricket that when he's set, he's very difficult to dismiss. Unfortunately for him, he couldnt make any big scores in that odi series but good signs nonetheless.
wow.. a blind spot in me memmaries.
Raina was the one who played him best..this might help you recollect... Raina Wts5HIfSBU8&feature=related Dhoni DNiuqtS6INc&feature=related I'm not able to find clips of Kohli but he too played well.If i had to rate the three in terms of how they handled Mendis..i would say Raina>Kohli>Dhoni. Here are my reasons..if you take a look at Dhoni he punishes whenever Mendis pitched short and showed a tight defence when he was pitching it in the bussiness area.He was helped by the fact that Raina was scoring briskly against Mendis. However if you take a look at Raina,his scoring shots have come of good deliveries.He didn't wait for Mendis to give the loose ball..took the attack to him from the very first over of his(in the 2 games that he faced Mendis). Kohli too,IIRC played a game similar to Raina's. Infact at the end of the series,i remember in the post series analysis,they showed the entire Indian batting line-ups performance against Mendis and Murali for the series and Raina topped it with a strike rate of over 100(against them that is) without being dismissed by either of them.I would say he was the main reason why India negated(to an acceptable level) the threat posed by the spin twins Murali and Mendis.

Mendis is not a threat for us: Dhoni (Misleading title)

COLOMBO: Playing down the threat from the new spin sensation of Sri Lanka Ajantha Mendis, Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said on Monday his team is not wary of playing him. Addressing the media here on the upcoming five One-Day International series against Sri Lanka beginning on Wednesday in Dambulla, the Indian skipper, however, said it is always "tough to beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka". Asked how his team was going to face Mendis, who ran though their batting order in the Test series here last year, Dhoni said they had a measure of the spinner during the subsequent ODI series, which India won. "We did well against him in ODIs, so there is no need for us to worry too much about him or any individuals. Our boys are ready to face the challenges ahead," said the Indian skipper :two_thumbs_up: Dhoni said although the weather conditions may look the same in the neighbouring countries, but it is not so. "The conditions are not the same. The pitches in Sri Lanka perform differently as the match progresses. A lot depends on the toss," he said, indicating that India won all the matches against Sri Lanka last year after winning the toss. (exactly the point Predator was making in the other thread ) Dhoni said although the team was missing Harbhajan Singh, the senior member of the team's spin department, it has given a golden opportunity for the upcoming youngsters to perform and prove their talents. According to the rescheduled tournament itinerary, only the first One-Day International will be played at Dambulla Rangiri Stadium while the remaining games will be held in Colombo (January 30, February 2, 5 and 8). The only Twenty20 International will be played in Colombo on February 10. Three ODIs will be played under lights at R Premadasa Stadium while the fifth One-dayer will be a day game at the Sinhalese Sports Club, also in Colombo. The series was hastily scheduled after India cancelled its tour to Pakistan in January-February following the Mumbai terror attacks. Sri Lanka, which is boosted by its two emphatic back-to-back wins over Pakistan last week, will fly back to Pakistan in February to play two Tests after hosting India.
http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4033860.cms

COLOMBO: Playing down the threat from the new spin sensation of Sri Lanka Ajantha Mendis, Indian cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said on Monday his team is not wary of playing him. Addressing the media here on the upcoming five One-Day International series against Sri Lanka beginning on Wednesday in Dambulla, the Indian skipper, however, said it is always "tough to beat Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka". Asked how his team was going to face Mendis, who ran though their batting order in the Test series here last year, Dhoni said they had a measure of the spinner during the subsequent ODI series, which India won. "We did well against him in ODIs, so there is no need for us to worry too much about him or any individuals. Our boys are ready to face the challenges ahead," said the Indian skipper. Dhoni said although the weather conditions may look the same in the neighbouring countries, but it is not so. "The conditions are not the same. The pitches in Sri Lanka perform differently as the match progresses. A lot depends on the toss," he said, indicating that India won all the matches against Sri Lanka last year after winning the toss. Dhoni said although the team was missing Harbhajan Singh, the senior member of the team's spin department, it has given a golden opportunity for the upcoming youngsters to perform and prove their talents. According to the rescheduled tournament itinerary, only the first One-Day International will be played at Dambulla Rangiri Stadium while the remaining games will be held in Colombo (January 30, February 2, 5 and 8). The only Twenty20 International will be played in Colombo on February 10. Three ODIs will be played under lights at R Premadasa Stadium while the fifth One-dayer will be a day game at the Sinhalese Sports Club, also in Colombo. The series was hastily scheduled after India cancelled its tour to Pakistan in January-February following the Mumbai terror attacks. Sri Lanka, which is boosted by its two emphatic back-to-back wins over Pakistan last week, will fly back to Pakistan in February to play two Tests after hosting India. Read the First Line fool...:haha: