Team for SRL ODIs

Lord

Why on earth did we not rest Sachin and Zaheer Khan? Are we going to bowl Zaheer to ground before the NZ series? Already he has played both semifinal and final of Ranji. Same with Sachin. He was not well during the matches. Why is he taking risk?
exactly i agree with u fully.thats wat i said in OP.zaheer deseres some rest after bowling back breaking spells against OZ,in ODIs and tests against england.also he played ranjis too.he gonna be mighty crucial in NZ n we need a fres zaheer khn there. sachin also needs rest.he is 35 now and has never been the fittest.was already running fever inranji game.some rest before NZ tour was warranted.also it is pretty harsh on kohli to be dropped after doing well in chances he got.would have been a good replacement for sachin
yey-ravindra jadeja in' date='i called it.[/quote'] yeah he has done well both with bat n ball.n hes a fantstic fielder. but i would have liked mishra instead. two left arm spinners doesnt make any sense.especially with yuvi also doing well with the ball
i remember Z.Khan recent interview..the guy said he lost his line and length last time coz he took rest for 2 months(2006)... he said he prefers to play than resting coz that keeps him fit ... i was very surprized by his interview coz i though pace bowlers likes to have rest
Wasim Akram had also said something very similar. He said the best way for fast bowlers to be consistent and fit is to keep bowling. Edit: I'm not very happy with Kohli missing out.
^ rest also means' date=' no pay during the resting period.. why are we pitching for resting these players. would any of us take a unpaid holiday, after a gruelling project. Nay - right? So, let the guys earn the deserved income After all they cant play international cricket till they are 58. Make hay while the sun shines[/quote'] but these are sportsmen.so rest is very important for them.u dont want them to get injured n then take forced rest,do u?so let them rest wen it hurts us the least so that they ca come back fresher wen we need them the most
Wasim Akram had also said something very similar. He said the best way for fast bowlers to be consistent and fit is to keep bowling. Edit: I'm not very happy with Kohli missing out.
me too.poor guy did nothing wrong in the chances he got.has lots of talent n steel.
yey-ravindra jadeja in' date='i called it.[/quote'] Yes you did.. Well done! :two_thumbs_up: A bit surprised at Kohli's omission.. He didnt too much wrong the last time he played. Also good to see the end of insanity and M.Vijay getting dropped.

Virat Kohli surprised me with his very impressive performances in last SL one day series.i did not value him much before the series but he earned respect after his excellent fielding and his ability to handle pressure at the top of the order and his confidence in handling M&M.he shud not have been dropped.why shud the selectors drop him for a one day series based on ranni trophy performances? rest of the selections fine but Kohli shud have been selected and Ojha dropped.

it looks like we will be spinner lite for the series.i dont see jadeja and ojha playing in the same 11.ojha might be a mistake as we could have used mishra for some variety but i think our fast bowlers will be the main wicket takers anyway.if jadeja sticks with the team and performs well it would be awesome and we will have a genuine all-rounder after a long time.this will give us a lot of flexibility in choosing our squad especially in the subcontinent.

Regarding Kohli' date=' it was always going to happen once Sachin and Sehwag returned..you can't pack the squad with with batsmen like that.[/quote'] yup. it was going to be between him n sharma n sharma's twin tons in ranji finals sealed it for him
it looks like we will be spinner lite for the series.i dont see jadeja and ojha playing in the same 11.ojha might be a mistake as we could have used mishra for some variety but i think our fast bowlers will be the main wicket takers anyway.if jadeja sticks with the team and performs well it would be awesome and we will have a genuine all-rounder after a long time.this will give us a lot of flexibility in choosing our squad especially in the subcontinent.
yeah stupid to pick ojha n jadeja in the same team.mishra would have been a far better option. i really hope jadeja shines.not only is he a good allrounder.hes a terrific fielder.so we'll have a player good in all 3 deptments
but these are sportsmen.so rest is very important for them.u dont want them to get injured n then take forced rest' date='do u?so let them rest wen it hurts us the least so that they ca come back fresher wen we need them the most[/quote'] What I meant was we should not force anyone to rest. Especially when in case of a player like Zak who thinks the best way for him to keep fit is by playing matches consistently. If the player himself feels he needs a rest (like Sachin has done many times and Dhoni in the recent past), then let him take it.