Team for SRL ODIs

Lord

what truck load of crap is this.. how can you leave Virat Kohli out didn't get a game to play in England series and now here he is dropped. perhaps handled Mendis the best when we went to Sri Lanka, in odis. this is very silly on selectors to leave him o ut
who would you drop to bring in kohli?.he is a great prospect but he only got the chance because of injuries.

There's no Bhajji and the newcomer is Ravindra Jadeja, picked on strong domestic season...Now which strong domestic format are they talking about? Picking players for the ODI squad on the performance of 4 day matches?

The short trip to Sri Lanka, which begins on January 28, comprises five ODIs and a Twenty20 international - the first in Sri Lanka. India squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Munaf Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, Praveen Kumar, Irfan Pathan, Pragyan Ojha.

Virat Kohli is surely the unlucky one to miss the boat. I still do not understand what Yousuf is doing in the team when Ravindra Jadeja (an all-rounder) is already picked in the squad. Yousuf's bowling is abysmal and his batting is more like miss and hit. I really thought Virat would strengthen our middle order because UV is our biggest concern in the MO in the current line up (hopefully I am wrong :pray:). To sum up, this squad would have been better if Virat was picked at the expense of Yousuf Pathan. Nonetheless, lets hope Yousuf hits more to Mendis than missing :nervous:

Virat Kohli is surely the unlucky one to miss the boat. I still do not understand what Yousuf is doing in the team when Ravindra Jadeja (an all-rounder) is already picked in the squad. Yousuf's bowling is abysmal and his batting is more like miss and hit. I really thought Virat would strengthen our middle order because UV is our biggest concern in the MO in the current line up (hopefully I am wrong :pray:). To sum up, this squad would have been better if Virat was picked at the expense of Yousuf Pathan. Nonetheless, lets hope Yousuf hits more to Mendis than missing :nervous:
Remember its also the squad for the 20-20..you can't leave Pathan out of a 20-20 team.
There's no Bhajji and the newcomer is Ravindra Jadeja' date=' picked on strong domestic season...Now which strong domestic format are they talking about? Picking players for the ODI squad on the performance of 4 day matches?[/quote'] jadeja is a good hitter of the ball as he demonstrated in the IPL.this guy is a winner(U-19 world cup,rajastan royals)
I agree that Kohli should have been included in the squad at least based on how he handled Mendis but it shows the need for an all rounder. We've already got two that haven't been fully developed in the Pathans so adding a third is a bit strange.
pathans are not genuine all-rounders whereas jadeja is and hopefully will be a great asset for us.

I think he was dropped because quite simply, there was no place for him in the eleven, especially with Sachin making a comeback into the team. Why pick a guy who has little chance of figuring in the eleven? Not to say that he doesnt deserve a place. Right now, there isnt too much to choose b/w Kohli and Raina.

Bhajj is injured. I thought Praveen was unfit too, hope hes 100%, good to see him back dont even know why he wasnt in the first place Would you pick Praggers? Or both Yosuf and Jadeja- will give us some deep batting... SRT, VS, GG, YS, MSD, SR, IKP, YP, RJ, ZK, IS