Our neighbours are getting a new captaan

Kartikey

http://cricketnext.in.com/news/younis-khan-accepts-pakistan-captaincy-sources/37761-13.html Lahore: Pakistan's middle order batsman Younis Khan has accepted the captaincy during his meeting with Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ijaz Butt. According to sources, Younis Khan called on Butt and accepted the offer of captaincy during the meeting. Shoaib Malik was constantly facing severe criticism after Pakistan's humiliating defeat in one-day series against Sri Lanka. Khan has emerged as the front-runner to replace Malik as skipper ahead of the two-Test series against Sri Lanka after they were thrashed badly by the Lankans in the just concluded ODI series. Malik was in the line of fire after being retained as Pakistan captain in December 2008, for an "indefinite" period, after his team's performance hit rock bottom against Sri Lanka on home soil, The News reported. Malik came under fire for failing to unite the team and was also criticised for his inability to lead from the front when it mattered most. According to sources, the PCB think-tank has reached the conclusion that Malik is unlikely to transform himself into a well-respected and able captain that Pakistan need at the moment, and it is now likely to turn to somebody with better credentials for what is regarded as one of the toughest jobs in world cricket. That somebody, according to sources, is Younis Khan. The 31-year-old batsman rejected offers to lead Pakistan after the 2007 World Cup fiasco, forcing the PCB to turn to a younger and less experienced Malik. Younis was supposed to be an automatic choice to succeed Inzamam-ul-Haq as Pakistan captain, but he told the PCB that he was not ready to take the pressures of captaincy. "Younis Khan is the only practice alternative we have in case Malik is sacked as captain," said a PCB source. "Younis is a well-respected senior player. Unlike Malik, he is an automatic choice for both Tests and one-dayers," the source pointed out. Sources also said that Pakistan is also planning to carry out sweeping changes in the squad for the Test series against Sri Lanka.
"Younis Khan is the only practice alternative we have in case Malik is sacked as captain," said a PCB source.
what a tremendous vote of confidence!!! I also laughed my heart out when I read "PCB think tank" :hysterical: Poor Malik, he got screwed over by the PCB and Younis. Instead of backing his captain who had little or no say over selection and the cricket wilderness Pak find themselves in, he stabbed him in the back.

dunno why malik is getting so much criticism? he led them to a final in t20 WC( mis-bah 5 runs:--D),to kitply cup victory,whitewash against windies.there is only so much u can do with a crappy side like pakistan.if the selectors keep picking players like afridi,akmal n actor,wat can malik do?moreover moyo has been money chasing.in short pakis are in turmoil but they cant blame malik for it

dunno why malik is getting so much criticism? he led them to a final in t20 WC( mis-bah 5 runs:--D)' date='to kitply cup victory,whitewash against windies.there is only so much u can do with a crappy side like pakistan.if the selectors keep picking players like afridi,akmal n actor,wat can malik do?moreover moyo has been money chasing.in short pakis are in turmoil [b']but they cant blame malik for it
Someones got to be blamed. Who better than Malik?

well i think Malik was a very poor captain.. uninspiring.. agreed the players aint tht good.. but still Malik persisted with them.. dint have the guts to try out new players.. even when they were playing against zimboks, n bangles he was playing with the tired n tested players.. dint try out any new bowlers , new batsmen.. i mean youngsters... wat can u say of a captain who keeps playing Akmal and afridi and still defends them inspite of thier pi.ss poor playing.. so Malik is an uninspiring, timid, captain... and i expect younis to b lot better than malik.. Malik is a good player.. but a very poor captain...

well i think Malik was a very poor captain.. uninspiring.. agreed the players aint tht good.. but still Malik persisted with them.. dint have the guts to try out new players..even when they were playing against zimboks, n bangles he was playing with the tired n tested players.. dint try out any new bowlers , new batsmen.. i mean youngsters...
16 players made their debuts under Malik
16 players made their debuts under Malik
Thats a fair point' date=' they werent given extended runs in the team, but thats Pakistan for u.[/quote'] sorry i shud have been more clear.. what I meant was he tired some players here and there. though im not sure abt the 16.. but none of them were persisted.. i mean he was too timid to try out them maybe inscecurity.. i dont know.. Dhoni and Malik started their tenure around the same time T20 WC.. look where Dhoni has taken the team now.. ODI team is full of youngsters except Sachin.... where pak team is full of those old reatrds who have been playing for long without contributing..
sorry i shud have been more clear.. what I meant was he tired some players here and there. though im not sure abt the 16.. but none of them were persisted.. i mean he was too timid to try out them maybe inscecurity.. i dont know.. Dhoni and Malik started their tenure around the same time T20 WC.. look where Dhoni has taken the team now.. ODI team is full of youngsters except Sachin.... where pak team is full of those old reatrds who have been playing for long without contributing..
Yeah that's a good point. For all the talk of their young fast bowlers like Khan etc etc they still pick tired and old bowlers like Shoaib. But I hope that doesn't change. I hope guys like Afridi continue to be picked for another 7-10 years.