Grandma out of SL Tests

Bumper

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvsl/content/current/story/388405.html Shoaib out of Sri Lanka Tests Cricinfo staff January 30, 2009 Shoaib Akhtar misses yet another international series © AFP A knee injury has forced Shoaib Akhtar out of Pakistan's upcoming Test series against Sri Lanka, marking yet another setback in the fast bowler's erratic career. "There are loose bones in his knee which would need keyhole surgery. That will take two to three weeks' recovery, and means he is out of the Sri Lanka Test series," Intikhab Alam, the Pakistan coach, told AFP. "When such an injury occurs one must not wait and have a quick operation." Shoaib previously underwent a knee surgery ahead of the 2007 World Cup - and eventually missed the tournament. But of late, he has been in the news following a dismal performance against Sri Lanka in Pakistan's recent ODI series played at home. Shoaib conceded 88 runs in 13 overs and took just one wicket in the first two ODIs to be promptly dropped for the third after his then captain Shoaib Malik questioned his fitness and commitment, only to tone down on the eve of the series decider. A mixture of injury concerns, disciplinary problems and controversies has affected Shoaib's participation in international cricket. Since February 2006, he has played just three Tests and 11 ODIs. Sri Lanka are scheduled to visit Pakistan after the ongoing home ODI series against India. The dates and venues for the tour are yet to be finalised.

The maoish winnah played a couple of games, bowled 6 or 7 overs each, leaked a lot of runs & is now done for the season. Last year too he spent more time in the hospital than in the ground. He bowled a grand total of 4 overs in IPL & then hobbled away. I think he should cal himself "moments winnah", as he seldom plays a complete match these days

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakvsl/content/current/story/388405.html Shoaib out of Sri Lanka Tests Cricinfo staff January 30, 2009 Shoaib Akhtar misses yet another international series © AFP A knee injury has forced Shoaib Akhtar out of Pakistan's upcoming Test series against Sri Lanka, marking yet another setback in the fast bowler's erratic career. "There are loose bones in his knee which would need keyhole surgery. That will take two to three weeks' recovery, and means he is out of the Sri Lanka Test series," Intikhab Alam, the Pakistan coach, told AFP. "When such an injury occurs one must not wait and have a quick operation." Shoaib previously underwent a knee surgery ahead of the 2007 World Cup - and eventually missed the tournament. But of late, he has been in the news following a dismal performance against Sri Lanka in Pakistan's recent ODI series played at home. Shoaib conceded 88 runs in 13 overs and took just one wicket in the first two ODIs to be promptly dropped for the third after his then captain Shoaib Malik questioned his fitness and commitment, only to tone down on the eve of the series decider. A mixture of injury concerns, disciplinary problems and controversies has affected Shoaib's participation in international cricket. Since February 2006, he has played just three Tests and 11 ODIs. Sri Lanka are scheduled to visit Pakistan after the ongoing home ODI series against India. The dates and venues for the tour are yet to be finalised.
hey... don't insult grandmas... they are in far better health than Shoaib the "moist vinnaah" "ferrari" "jumbo jet" "actor" Akhtar..:--D:--D:--D:--D
"There is loose change in his brain which would need dickhole surgery. That will take two to three generations' recovery, and means he is out of the 72 virgin Test series," Intikhab Alam, the Pakistan coach, told AFP. "When such an injury occurs one must not wait and quickly terminate the specimen."
There...now it's right!

Does this come as a surprise to anyone? This guy can't bowl a dozen overs in an ODI, let alone bowl in a test. I believe Pakistan's bowling attack for the upcoming test series against Lanka is:

Shahid Afridi SoHail Tanvir DanIsh Kaniera Yasir ArafaT

To add insult to the injury, .... Shoaib Akhtar vows to play 2011 World Cup Updated at: 0144 PST, Wednesday, December 17, 2008 KARACHI: Despite persistent injuries problems, Pakistan’s expressed fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar was looking to play in the 2011 Cricket World Cup. “I believe I still got three to four years international cricket left in me,” (:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:) he told reporters at National Stadium on Tuesday. “I have fully gained my fitness and looking forward to serve the country,” he said. Dubbed as “Rawalpindi Express” Shoaib Akhtar, who is leading Federal Areas in the Pentangular Cup, said bowlers like him crossing the barrier always have chances for injuries. He said great fast bowler Wasim Akram, Waqar Younus, Brett Lee, Bishop other all faced injuries problems during their careers. Shoaib, who crossed the record of100-mile barrier, said he had worked very hard on his fitness and cut down his weight to around 15 kilos. “I am now much stronger. But I needed some matches to regain my rhythm,” he said. ( :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:) Shoaib informed that after missing the opening ODI against West Indies in Abu Dhabi due to calf problem, he regained fitness but skipped remaining matches just not to disturb the winning combination. Shoaib said despite being senior player, he was never interested to lead the team. 33-year-old Shoaib, who took 219 wickets in 138 ODIs, said his ambition is to complete 400 wickets in One-day Internationals. He said Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials are treating him well and selectors are using him with planning to cut the burden on him to extend his career. “I would like to play in selected matches,” he added. Showing very friendly attitude with the media, Shoaib Akhtar said he was transferring his knowledge to the youngsters and Pentangular Cup was allowing him to spend more time with youngsters and pass on the few tips to them. Source: http://geo.tv/12-17-2008/30818.htm