Irfan

flamy

To be fair to Irfan he had the last over won but the first four in that last over came when Irfan tried to bowl a full length yorker (that he had been bowling very successfully all day) but it slipped out of his hand early and turned into a low full toss outside off and that was an easy four. It happens, pressure situations, a batsmen well set in and your hands get sweaty. He bowled well overall but his economy was bad because he still has the habit of giving away at least one boundary ball per over.
Pressure is what gets to you at international level - I agree, and a bowler should be pardoned for some mistakes. In the present case, 12 off 6 can be EASILY defended in bowler friendly conditions 9 out of 10 times. Had it been like 8 off 6 and we had lost - I would have understood, requiring 4 off the last ball, that would have been OK too but back to back 4s and finishing the game literally in 5 balls - it is unacceptable. Not being able to use the conditions to your advantage and leaking an economy of over 10 per over for 2 consecutive matches (1st one is excusable because of the ground being small) is just disgraceful. I also want to assert that irfan is NOT a bad bowler, he is a wonderful bowler who can move the ball and get wickets. But, at the present moment, there are BETTER bowlers than him in the team, so they should be given a chance. Our preference and bias should not be based on the whole past performance but recent past performance and the ability. Presently I rate Praveen and Sreesanth as superior bowlers to irfan in 20 20 and ODIs. In tests, however, I rate Irfan to be better than Praveen Kumar but not as good as Sreesanth
I'd like to give him another run, but Balaji should play a game too And I'm really looking forward to seeing Jadeja play Irfan may need to wait longer, they may even take him as a back to NZ behind Zak, Sharma and Kumar
balaji is useless if he will bowl like in IPL

IS needs to bowl like Vaas approaches his bowling and the same style because he neither have consistent pace nor the bounce to trouble the batsman. He should work on his line and length, he should look at Chaminda Vaas, how good he has bowled over the years with less pace and very economically in all forms of the game. Just try to match him in accuracy.

]IS needs to bowl like Vaas approaches his bowling and the same style because he neither have consistent pace nor the bounce to trouble the batsman. He should work on his line and length, he should look at Chaminda Vaas, how good he has bowled over the years with less pace and very economically in all forms of the game. Just try to match him in accuracy.
i think u mean irfan pathan
Pressure is what gets to you at international level - I agree, and a bowler should be pardoned for some mistakes. In the present case, 12 off 6 can be EASILY defended in bowler friendly conditions 9 out of 10 times. Had it been like 8 off 6 and we had lost - I would have understood, requiring 4 off the last ball, that would have been OK too but back to back 4s and finishing the game literally in 5 balls - it is unacceptable. Not being able to use the conditions to your advantage and leaking an economy of over 10 per over for 2 consecutive matches (1st one is excusable because of the ground being small) is just disgraceful. I also want to assert that irfan is NOT a bad bowler, he is a wonderful bowler who can move the ball and get wickets. But, at the present moment, there are BETTER bowlers than him in the team, so they should be given a chance. Our preference and bias should not be based on the whole past performance but recent past performance and the ability. Presently I rate Praveen and Sreesanth as superior bowlers to irfan in 20 20 and ODIs. In tests, however, I rate Irfan to be better than Praveen Kumar but not as good as Sreesanth
Sorry I fail to take any post seriously that has Sreesanth as a better bowler than Pathan. When people complain about Pathan's inconsistency, economy etc then ignore the even bigger problems Sreesanth has with his consistency and lack of accuracy. Even when Sreesanth is having a good spell and is in form he's likely to have one or two completely rubbish overs where he totally loses control. The guy has talent no doubt but it's insanity to thrust him onto any Indian side when no one, not even Sreesanth has any clue about how he's going to bowl from one delivery to another. The only thing Sreesanth has achieved so far in his career is a lot of media lead hype.