Best and Worst buys of IPL Auction- 2

SachDan

worst buy is tait , i have never seen duminy but not sure if he is worth that much. best has to be ashraful, for 75k you cant get a better player. i also dont think murtaza at 600K is a bad buy, he just has to bowl 4 overs 2-3 will be good, can give you a quick 15-20 and a good fielder plus he will also pull in lot of crowd. One guy i am surprised didnt go is Kulasekara

worst buy is tait , i have never seen duminy but not sure if he is worth that much. best has to be ashraful, for 75k you cant get a better player. i also dont think murtaza at 600K is a bad buy, he just has to bowl 4 overs 2-3 will be good, can give you a quick 15-20 and a good fielder plus he will also pull in lot of crowd. One guy i am surprised didnt go is Kulasekara
i'm glad mortaza got 600 K, but he was worth much less. he is one of the best new ball operators in the world with the white ball, but his 20-20 record is ordinary at best. but then again, a lot of players in IPL are vastly overpaid. sakib should have gotten a deal, shocked he wasn't picked. we'll see if ashraful was a smart pick or not. if he blast a quick 20 runs per match, sure, but my feeling is he'll fail to score 3 times for every decent knock.

worst buy is tait ' date='[b'] i have never seen duminy but not sure if he is worth that much. best has to be ashraful, for 75k you cant get a better player. i also dont think murtaza at 600K is a bad buy, he just has to bowl 4 overs 2-3 will be good, can give you a quick 15-20 and a good fielder plus he will also pull in lot of crowd. One guy i am surprised didnt go is Kulasekara
Have you been sleeping for past one month when Duminy turned out one match winning performance after othr in ALL 3 formats against Aus?

i didnt understand the auction somewhat?how can kapugedera' date='nel,D.smith go under the hammer,they were bought in last season? n why were Kings XI stopped wen they were going for flintoff?[/quote'] IPL has given club owners the option to terminate the contract and let the players be a free agent to come back through an auction or they could have even suspended these players. I think Kings X1 would have exceeded their max cap of $2m had they gone further with bidding for Freddie. Hence asked them to opt out of the race.

i didnt understand the auction somewhat?how can kapugedera' date='nel,D.smith go under the hammer,they were bought in last season? n why were Kings XI stopped wen they were going for flintoff?[/quote'] If this thread is discussing IPL and Twenty20, then why is it in the main forum, why dint you ask it to be moved to the T20 Forum Sachin Rox? @Sach Dan - And why aren't you doing it either?

If this thread is discussing IPL and Twenty20, then why is it in the main forum, why dint you ask it to be moved to the T20 Forum Sachin Rox? @Sach Dan - And why aren't you doing it either?
precisely the reason.we r discussing it,not cheering for our respective sides.

If this thread is discussing IPL and Twenty20, then why is it in the main forum, why dint you ask it to be moved to the T20 Forum Sachin Rox? @Sach Dan - And why aren't you doing it either?
Open your eyes dinakkar !!!! this thread is no more in the main forum !! all the threads concering to IPL has been moved to Twenty20 forum.

IPL has given club owners the option to terminate the contract and let the players be a free agent to come back through an auction or they could have even suspended these players. I think Kings X1 would have exceeded their max cap of $2m had they gone further with bidding for Freddie. Hence asked them to opt out of the race.
THANX:icflove::two_thumbs_up:

Freddie for the CSK seems like a good buy although it may seem a bit high but the value he adds to the team is huge, atleast on paper. Bowler and batsman all in one-- very tough to match Freddie. However, the crucial factor is how will will the English palyers be available. From yesterday's it seemed like they would be available for 3 weeks. So the impact may only be visible for the initial part of the season. Chennai looks good. Some of the teams looked lost and seemed to have just shown up for the tea and cookies. Couldnt understand their tactics--perhaps waiting and pouching the players later. These teams still have some money left so they can still draft some more players.

KP is heavily overpriced. $1.55 million for a man who is available for only 3 weeks (sure he may feature in all the games in 3rd IPL edition) but this is just insane. Duminy's 950,000 was equally disastrous as Ishant's bid by Kolkata. It seems likefranchises are looking to fill their squad with 'stars' rather than players who are best suited for 20-20.

KP is heavily overpriced. $1.55 million for a man who is available for only 3 weeks (sure he may feature in all the games in 3rd IPL edition) but this is just insane. Duminy's 950,000 was equally disastrous as Ishant's bid by Kolkata. It seems likefranchises are looking to fill their squad with 'stars' rather than players who are best suited for 20-20.
it's a business. stars = crowd attraction = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ashraful might turn out to be a good buy. he can hit the 10-ball 20s in 20/20 & is perfectly suited to the 20/20 cricket, however he is a flop in odis & tests and shakib alhasan should have got the $600000 instead of mortaza