Enough of the quota-player ! Kick him out immediately..

amits

I think he has potential.. he saved us couple of times in 20/20 wc.. and he did good in IPL.. just needs to give him good opportunities..
well... he has had opportunities... with the competition for slots, you can't ask for more than this. What abt Kohli? How must he feel being dropped for a series against SL when he did well against them just the previous time? Also, I think right now Uthappa would do better than Sharma in the T20 slot.
having dinesh kartik in the team wont be a bad option as well. with that' date=' we can even have dhoni bowl a few overs as well & might even do the role of the 3rd pacer if required[/quote'] Are you out of your bloddy mind, he already has three of the most challenging roles an Indian cricketer can ever have !!! This is not your gully cricket where *****y rules apply, your idea of him bowling, on first instance sounded like a joke but now its getting bloody irritating, Now give those freaking hands a rest and engage your shiity brain to read the following sentence "Dhoni is not a Bowler, he is our captain, our keeper and in all accounts our no.1 batsman and no more" So the next time you talk about him bowling, ill virtually shove that keyboard in your arrrssseee :finger:

should we have slightly different squads for T20 and ODIs for NZ tour rather than just announce one squad for both? or maybe announce 17 players to NZ - so MSD can have choice and flexibility in choosing playing 11 for T20/ODI. Is there ICC rule on squad size or just BCCI "funding" for the tour (max 16?): Take current squad of ODI to SL and add Uthappa and Bhajji to the squad for NZ tour. (that way we keep R.Jadeja, YKP, IKP et.al in the squad).

Are you out of your bloddy mind, he already has three of the most challenging roles an Indian cricketer can ever have !!! This is not your gully cricket where *****y rules apply, your idea of him bowling, on first instance sounded like a joke but now its getting bloody irritating, Now give those freaking hands a rest and engage your shiity brain to read the following sentence "Dhoni is not a Bowler, he is our captain, our keeper and in all accounts our no.1 batsman and no more" So the next time you talk about him bowling, ill virtually shove that keyboard in your arrrssseee :finger:
I guess someone had to say it
the problem for rohit is he is coming in at 6 -that means he has to hit the ground running and he is not that kind of player(atleast not yet).i still think he can perform though but dropping him may not be a bad idea.
Yup, right now he's a fish out of water. He bats better when he has time to adapt and build an innings, and right now isn't that suited to T20 cricket. (His best knock in this form came when India lost early wickets, he had to spend time getting set and rebuilding and could then play his shots.) Kohli, Manhas, Tiwari and Uthappa could all be good candidates to replace him for T20. And fineleg has a point.
Uthappa would be the best option for T20 at the moment' date=' he is in good batting form[/quote'] I'd be tempted to give Uthappam a chace for NZ tour (T20 and ODIs). He is in good form - if he cannot do well in NZ now with this form, he wont do well any other time. Give him a good run in NZ - let him show that he can play in different pitches and conditions as well. If he cannot perform, the answer is clear - he is restricted to India-style (subcont) pitches.

i think he's having the same problem as yuvraj was having while dawdaw was still in the team. There's no way he is a No. 6. He is our eventual no. 3 or 4, and will probably have to wait for God to take a break. I do think he can be useful at 5 in NZ though, after yuseless departs cheaply, and before Raina holes out to a short ball :winky:

I'd be tempted to give Uthappam a chace for NZ tour (T20 and ODIs). He is in good form - if he cannot do well in NZ now with this form, he wont do well any other time. Give him a good run in NZ - let him show that he can play in different pitches and conditions as well. If he cannot perform, the answer is clear - he is restricted to India-style (subcont) pitches.
stop supporting Utthapa just because he is from the South :yikes::yikes::yikes: