As good as Zak and Ishant are..

Gambit

Srinath was quicker for sure. Zaheer has more variety, reverse swing I wouldnt say Sri's attitude sucked, bowled some long hard spells when he was the only realy wicket taking bowler away from home-particularly on the tour to SAf in the late nineties Zaheer has underachieved for alot of his career hasnt he? Its only in the last few years that he was realised his potential fully, after his county -and you could argue his attitude before that was pretty suck-y

Srinath was quicker for sure. Zaheer has more variety, reverse swing I wouldnt say Sri's attitude sucked, bowled some long hard spells when he was the only realy wicket taking bowler away from home-particularly on the tour to SAf in the late nineties Zaheer has underachieved for alot of his career hasnt he? Its only in the last few years that he was realised his potential fully, after his county -and you could argue his attitude before that was pretty suck-y
Zak's problem was fitness. His drop in speeds in subsequent spells was astonishing. In the first spell he would clock 135ish. In the second spell it would become 130. Then it would be more like 125. Greg chappell was really pissed off with this. He worked hard on his fitness and came back. . Actually Srinath was the one who first spoke highly of Zaheer khan. Then Zak got his chance.

I think Srinath would have been a world class bowler if he had started his career may be in 2000, played under professional management in the coaching eras of Wright, Chappel and Kirsten,, when India actually played as a team and with confidence. Had the ability but was a bit dim in the head, also absolute lack of fast bowling partner(s). Would have thrived with a professional set-up around him. Bowled quite intelligently in the last few years of his career.